Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:57 PM

199 posts, read 220,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLRelo View Post
What a nasty remark! "Sounds like wishing on a star" Just trying to give some good info to the inquirer. I t boils down to what you prefer. Sure West Boca is great if you like urban sprawl, gated communities and endless stripmalls! Plus West Boca doesn't offer you any of the amenities you get by living within the "City limits". Parkland another "planned community" is inBroward County (Yuk!) and adjacent to the Sawgrass expressway, with its horsefarms that pollute the water supply. Mosquito control? bad for the environment plus you can't let your kids play outside after the mosquito planes/trucks have sprayed the area. I rather benefit from the breeze off the ocean which keeps the mosquito problem at a minimum. I had to travel to Parkland for several months last spring and it took at least 30 to 40 minutes from East Boca and then it's another 10 minutes to get to the beach with all the traffic. There are plenty of houses in Palm Beach Farms that are not near I-95 as long as you buy on the other side of 12th Avenue, neighboring the million dollar homes near the Hillsboro canal. There's a reason that the homes are all priced signicantly higher than West-Boca or Parkland, because the area is in demand. Besides the majority of the older homes have been redone. Even in the current real-estate climate homes are still selling better on average than in West Boca. People generally move West because they can't afford to live East or the schools are bad, in the case of East Boca the schools are exellent. There are only two places where you can enjoy good neigborhoods, closeness to the beach and enjoy good schools, East Boca Raton and Jupiter. Anywhere else in Eastern coastal South Florida this is not the case. Oh and BTW Top notch soccer programs sponsered by the City and an excellent youth tennis program at the city's tennis centers at less than the cost of Parkland plus a whole host of other excellent children's programs such as a swimming programs, youth programs, summer camps and much much more.
Bad information.

1. The traffic and congestion in East Boca is terrible. Many people live out west because it is much less hassled out there.

2. No million dollar homes in Parkland? Parkland has 3-4 acre estates that go for $4 million.

3. The schools in East Boca are not higher rated than Parkland.

4. The Terramar Park Tennis program is amazing and works closely with Evert Academy. The USTA just moved its elite junior training facility from Key Biscayne to Mission Bay...in WEST BOCA. The top American junior players will live and train in west Boca. State of the art training facilities. Both those programs are way above the program in East Boca.

5. The Parkland Soccer Club is so much more organized and better run that the one in Boca.

6. The horse farms in that area use the protocol developed by the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture's study for rendering horse farms non-polluting.

I find it funny that people that live surrounded by I-95 and other major roads find horse farms to be the problem for the environment!

7. The glut of homes for sale in Boca now stands at over 3000.

8. Mosquito control consists of designing manmade water systems and canals properly. Parkland's new developments use technology to avoid standing water, technology and designs not available when Palm Beach Farms was developed. The "breeze off the ocean" does not blow the mosquitos out of Palm Beach Farms!

Last edited by Sunandsand; 10-30-2007 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 19,633 times
Wink Love Fort Lauderdale

I just bought a condo in Fort Lauderdale near the Birch State Park (between Sunrise and Las Olas Blvd.) and it is the most beautiful, wonderful place on earth. I'm sure it doesn't meet standards you may be seeking as far as buying a home and raising a family, but for sheer Florida beauty and lifestyle, I don't think any other place touches it- I didn't care for Boca Raton.

I didn't see much positive about Fort Lauderdale here so I thought I'd throw that in.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:28 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,168,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Breeze View Post
I just bought a condo in Fort Lauderdale near the Birch State Park (between Sunrise and Las Olas Blvd.) and it is the most beautiful, wonderful place on earth. I'm sure it doesn't meet standards you may be seeking as far as buying a home and raising a family, but for sheer Florida beauty and lifestyle, I don't think any other place touches it- I didn't care for Boca Raton.

I didn't see much positive about Fort Lauderdale here so I thought I'd throw that in.
Congratulation....

Old 11-12-2007, 05:39 PM

41 posts, read 159,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Breeze View Post

What do 2br condos in that area start at?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,916,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyk56 View Post
What do 2br condos in that area start at?
About...1500. It aint cheap

Old 12-07-2007, 06:11 AM

4 posts, read 19,633 times
Go to ZipRealty Real Estate -- Homes for sale and local real estate agents and seach zip code 33304. Prices are down. 2 br from 250+ in some cases.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,207,300 times
Boca above Ft. Lauderdale for any reason but especially if you have children

Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 9,186 times
Do not move at all. this a terrible place to live and/or raise children. I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 6 years and preparing to move NW. It is boring, very low quality of education, increasing crime rates, increasing housing prices and high cost of living, low wages, party animals, selfish and rude people, rudest drivers in the nation, limited activities etc... I am not including the weather (hot and humid 8 months of the year and hurricanes) assuming that you already know about it and ok with it. Good luck!

Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 AM

7 posts, read 18,078 times
How do the schools compare in Boca, Weston, and Parkland?

Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM

10 posts, read 45,230 times
Default do you only get four decent months weatherwise?

I was under the impression that the weather was more desirable then "Romolus" described. Its so difficult to weed out the accuracy when everyone has a different opinion. I am glad the subjects of mosquito chemicals and carbonmonoxide were mentioned. You don't think of these things and having three kids, its very important. So if Florida is so bad "don't move here" then what is the draw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida