Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 AM

370 posts, read 247,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You dont know that, you dont know who attacked who first, no eyewitnesses in the beginning of the altercation.
right..zimmerman sees a suspicious person prowling...follows normal procedure and calls the police, but then decides to shoot the prowler before they get there... so he bashes his own head on the concrete and breaks his own nose to make it look good....
yeah...sure...that could have happened....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
It seems to me that you take any defense testimony as fact, while you dismiss any testimony that leans in Martin's favor. To me it seems far fetched that Martin just assaulted zman unprovoked and caught zman by surprise, facts are few, we do know this was a kid walking home form the store, and the kid is dead, why do we have to demonize him with facebook pictures of him giving the finger to the camera. I think the kid is dead as a direct result of zman actions I dont think there is enough for a 2nd degree murder conviction.
No we take evidence as fact, and all the facts seem to back up Zimmermans story. I know it may seem "far fetched" to you, but you cant prove it happend any other way, and thats what this trial is all about, proof.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:55 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
First of all, a dispatcher is not a LEO and has no authority to tell any one what to do.
What the dispatcher did was to make a sensible recommendation to a citizen.
I can tell you one thing. If I was pinned to the ground getting my face bashed and head hit on the ground, I would do ANYTHING in my power to cause it to stop. If deadly force is what it takes to have it stop,that's the way it is.

Zimmerman had ceased his search for the person he saw earlier and was leaving the area.

However, the victim decided to pursue the matter further by confronting the person following him instead of just going home.

As far as "Martin's character being trashed", It is what it is.

Some here seem to think that they would just lie there and catch a beating instead of protecting themselves from harm. Zimmerman had the means to protect himself from further harm and exercised that option AFTER calling out for help.

I wonder how many of you have ever been confronted in a situation where your well being was in danger.

This wasn't your "sterotypical young urban black male". It was an angry and dangerous person who had shown his "sterotypical" side to the world way before this incident.
I've had my #ss kicked on several occasions. Being that I've never carried a gun, no one died....

Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I've had my #ss kicked on several occasions. Being that I've never carried a gun, no one died....
yes?...so? people are beaten to death every day. Just because you haven't been doesn't mean it never happens.

somewhere out there, tough guy, is someone who would beat you to death when they got you down.

That's why people carry weapons.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Maybe you should stop allowing yourself to be a victim so much. It's made you angry.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
If Trayvon would have just called the police to report a suspicious person following him, it's possible none of this would have happened.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM

166 posts, read 281,883 times
The fact is Trayvon was a BIG kid.

He is reported to be 6' 3 and weighed more (estimated reports he weighed at least 185 lbs.) than images on CNN and FOX. Trayvon's family has a lot to gain if they win the case money wise. They will write a book, charge for interviews, etc. I'm not saying Zimmerman is innocent of all charges, maybe he is, maybe not. We must wait for all the facts to come out and Zimmerman is a small man-reports suggest 5' 7' 145 ibs.

Wait until all the facts come out before you judge !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
yes?...so? people are beaten to death every day. Just because you haven't been doesn't mean it never happens.

somewhere out there, tough guy, is someone who would beat you to death when they got you down.

That's why people carry weapons.
And somewhere out there is a guy with a better gun and a quicker trigger that will do the same to you. Not to mention the innocent bystanders...

Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
And somewhere out there is a guy with a better gun and a quicker trigger that will do the same to you. Not to mention the innocent bystanders...
What are you talking about and how is it relevant?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Maybe you should stop allowing yourself to be a victim so much. It's made you angry.
I'm not angry. That's all in the past and was forgotten soon after it happened. It was a mutual brawl so I wasn't the only injured party. This situation was a perfect storm of sorts. But to say that one party was completely at fault is ridiculous. I doubt the kid would have beat anyone to death. Who's to say GZ didn't flash the gun and TM was fighting for his life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida