Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:54 PM

252 posts, read 282,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
If George had stayed in his vehicle that night instead of following and approaching a kid that he assumed didn't belong there, then none of this would have happened. I'm sure that, along with having to bury their 17 year old, is what the Martin family feels is "absolutely not fair."
So you jump some dude following you and beat the heck out of him, pound his head into the concrete. Why not at least try to talk to him first, or just run away? You just an apologist for this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I 100% agree with this great verdict, but I disagree with your comments about TM parents. They seem like class acts. Really nice people. Of course they want their son to be alive and they don't want him to have done what he did.

I have no problem with them at all. Nice folks.
ok, i think they could have done a better job with their kid, personally. Something not right there in the home.

I understand having sympathy for them as parents though.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoyed3 View Post
Ok, well I am a mechanical engineer so I do ok.

She's more than rough around the edges. We paid tax money to educate her in public schools and that is what we got for it.
I don't care what your occupation is. And you clearly didn't make a comment about just Rachel. You stated that his family was ignorant. That is a lie and I repeat your comment was disgusting and in poor taste. If you have a problem with the state of the public school system, that's a separate issue and it is no excuse for the ignorant nonsense you just posted.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlady1937 View Post
I do believe it was self defense. BUT... he was told to stay in his truck, and stop following the boy! He killed him! whether it was self defense or not the boy is DEAD! And I feel like he should have been punished. yes I don't know what happened that night, but if you kill someone, especially a KID, you should serve time in jail not be free... If your child was murdered by some guy who assumed the child was on drugs or strange (Why? because he's black?) and then the person who killed him can just walk out of the courtroom? what sense does it make???
If you start a fight with some guy with a gun, you really can't complain if you get shot. He's not a child, he was a boy trying to be a man and you got to accpet the consequences of what you do.

My sense of this guy is he wouldn't like people making him out as a victim and a little kid.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,754,889 times
Well at least the jury made the right decision! Take aim against future crime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
I don't care what your occupation is. And you clearly didn't make a comment about just Rachel. You stated that his family was ignorant. That is a lie and I repeat your comment was disgusting and in poor taste. If you have a problem with the state of the public school system, that's a separate issue and it is no excuse for the ignorant nonsense you just posted.
who cares, you too emotionally invested in this. Zimmerman is free so best go ahead and accept it. Prosecution failed to prove their case.

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
I am quite worried. Honestly, I've stayed away from this case, until now. Regardless on how anyone feels about the verdict, this is what I have to say. I have to wonder if there will be a repeat of 1992, when the LAPD officers were acquitted. I have to ask because this has been an emotionally charged case, and pretty much has shown how divided this nation really, and how divided it has always been. All I know is that the last thing we need is riots. I'm saying the possibility is there.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I am quite worried. Honestly, I've stayed away from this case, until now. Regardless on how anyone feels about the verdict, this is what I have to say. I have to wonder if there will be a repeat of 1992, when the LAPD officers were acquitted. I have to ask because this has been an emotionally charged case, and pretty much has shown how divided this nation really, and how divided it has always been. All I know is that the last thing we need is riots. I'm saying the possibility is there.
It will be interesting to see how Obama handles it because he does seem to like to inflame racial tensions, especially in election cycles. I think thet main reason he weighed in on this case was to get the minority coalition jazzed up about his re-election despite the horrible economy so maybe he doesn't have much interest in it at this point.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlady1937 View Post
I do believe it was self defense. BUT... he was told to stay in his truck, and stop following the boy! He killed him! whether it was self defense or not the boy is DEAD! And I feel like he should have been punished. yes I don't know what happened that night, but if you kill someone, especially a KID, you should serve time in jail not be free... If your child was murdered by some guy who assumed the child was on drugs or strange (Why? because he's black?) and then the person who killed him can just walk out of the courtroom? what sense does it make???
And he did stop following him and was headed back to his vehicle and TM attacked him and TM paid the price. It was a bad and unfortunate decision by TM that cost him his life. That part is sad, but the verdict is spot on.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM

17 posts, read 27,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
And he did stop following him and was headed back to his vehicle and TM attacked him and TM paid the price. It was a bad and unfortunate decision by TM that cost him his life. That part is sad, but the verdict is spot on.
Where did you read that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida