Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM

17 posts, read 27,970 times

Advertisements

You guys can get away with anything in that state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM

49 posts, read 80,333 times
Brace yourselves, Florida. Hope it does not happen.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
this is a disgrace I have to say...and Very sad news for that boys family...the SOB got away with manslaughter and murder in my opinion

Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Really was 50/50 about the outcome. But I believe the lack of real evidence the only correct verdict would be not guilty. The system is made that we would rather have 10 guilty men out free than one innocent man in jail. There is no way anyone not emotionally charged could find him guilty. No way. The Justice system worked today.

Hopefully there will be safe, non-violent protest. Any violence will just make it worse.

Wonder what Zimmermnans plans are. I would head to Canada tomorrow morning if I am him.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:38 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
Oh please, bottom line the jury decided that there wasnt enough evidence to convict. I certainly hope there's no violence, that would accomplish nothing.

I too wonder about GZ's plans, Canada would def. be looking good about now.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:40 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
this is a disgrace I have to say...and Very sad news for that boys family...the SOB got away with manslaughter and murder in my opinion
The prosecution dropped the ball, and we are, once again the laughing stock of the nation. I really feel for Trayvon's family.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
f*ckin disgrace of a justice system

Old 07-13-2013, 08:43 PM

252 posts, read 282,229 times
seems like Trayvon, his family, all his friends are pretty ignorant people so hard to believe he was some good kid who jsut wanted to eat his Skittles. LOL

I remember minorities at my high school celebrating when the OJ Simpson verdict was read. They were saying they didn't care if OJ killed those two. Just seemed like tribal kind of stuff.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:45 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
People seem to forget so often that the law isn't about public opinion. It is about doing what is given to you and making a decision as to if it follows that or not. I don't believe that George Zimmerman ever had the intention to shoot anyone that night, but when you are in danger, your life is, you should have the right to defend yourself. The fact is, none of us were on that jury, and they did what is right. If you ever face a jury trial, I think you would rather have someone judge you based on the law, and not public opinion. It is too easy to judge. But the law is the law. The situation was a bit weird and I think we can all agree with that. Perhaps people would judge differently if they were in his shoes that night. None of us were there. Would have been easier to judge if there were more witnesses.

You have the right to defend yourself if you feel that you were in danger. Getting your head pounded on the pavement is reason enough to defend yourself. How are you to know when your life is truly in danger? Sure the wounds weren't life threatening, but does anyone ever think about, "I need to wait to defend myself because I am not hurt enough yet?"

This is an unfortunate event, but the jury did their job, and we need to have trust in them. They asked questions, got more information, so I feel that they thoughtfully considered things. Not easy, because they are going to be judged based on that and targeted just as much as the Defendant. Absolutely not fair.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 PM

252 posts, read 282,229 times
Zimmerman should have been a man and accepted his punishment like a man even if that includes brain damage or death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida