Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,655,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowardNole View Post
Cooper City.
Puh-Leaze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,364,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Isnt south FL great?

Haven't heard of such thing in most other parts of FL.

Why is it it's like this in South FL? Why is it such a common question there, and not say, I don't know,
Jacksonville?
Jacksonville blows too. The only difference is that the majority of criminals speak English (which can be better because at least they'll understand "Get the &#$% away from me! I'm carrying!".

Old 12-23-2013, 07:17 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
South FL offers the most diversity in things to do. It has beaches, nightlife, nature, cultural diversity, etc. There's something for everyone. Whether u fish, whether u want to top notch spas, world class beaches, to escape the winter cold, LGBT nightlife, museums, history, caribbean, etc. it's got something for everyone.

Also, south FL has the warmest winters.
Hawaii and the US Territories have the warmest winters in the country-not South FL

Old 12-23-2013, 07:31 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
This is why South FL is the best part of the state:

Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 PM

814 posts, read 2,043,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Hawaii and the US Territories have the warmest winters in the country-not South FL
if thats the case then who has the warmest winters in the country in the lower 48 states? could that possibly be south Florida?

Old 12-29-2013, 12:40 PM

15 posts, read 40,160 times
Quote:
Why South Florida is the best part of Florida.
I came to this thread because I wanted to read some good things about South Florida. There have been 12 pages of criticisms with a bunch of racism thrown in the mix. Immigrants not learning English has been a problem forever. Schools seem worse in general than they used to be, so we wind up searching for good schools, instead of expecting public schools to be good in general. These are political discussions, but perhaps not so relevant on a forum about living somewhere.

In general, reading this city-data.com forum, the more specific one can be in his/her response, the more information others will glean. I'm not reading this forum another hobby, I'm hear to gain perspective on different locations, towns, cities, sports and outdoors, arts and culture, things that you love to do that makes South Florida special.

Anyone care to share specific things that make South Florida wonderful, and the best part of Florida?

Old 12-29-2013, 05:39 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,918,308 times
Hmm... Things that make South FL wonderful...

Old 12-30-2013, 03:46 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
This is why South FL is the best part of the state:
I concur, this is gorgeous post # 124, you have to be ignorant or jealous to not see that.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:02 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,462,510 times
More like the worst. At least in the northern part of the state, more people have manners. South Florida is expensive, too hot, has a language barrier, rude people, just unpleasant. Only reason I return to visit is cuz I love my family more than I hate it down there.

Also Miami despite having an "international" status, is actually very provincial. A lot of people who were born or raised there haven't even left the state and are ignorant on how the rest of the country works. Also its very anti-intellectual. People care about how your body looks but not about your education, or anything else. Someone mentioned how they much of a culture shock it is from Seattle, especially with the always insulting "what are you?" type questions and I can only imagine. I haven't been to Seattle but I been Oregon and its like a polar opposite from Miami. Its not my personal favourite place to live either but people there are a lot more cultured and intelligent.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:38 AM

5,021 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Hmm... Things that make South FL wonderful...
Too funny!

I read an article about a year ago.... some area of the federal government.
They're worried that because there's no sense of community here- what will happen when the next big hurricane hits... Where other cities like Boston come together after a catastrophe... they don't think that will happen whatsoever here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida