Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:20 AM

663 posts, read 1,144,406 times

Advertisements

Summers here are perfect, it's the winters that are brutal! I try to vacation in south Fl and the keys a couple times each winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 01:49 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
August is the best month for us so we dont want to escape, we hit the beach for the best month of the year at the ocean.
I love the warm, balmy, clear waters of the summer! The heat doesn't bother me because it isn't near as hot and humid as South Carolina summers.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:57 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
. Thankfully most other areas of Western NC such as around Asheville, Highlands/Cashiers to the south and points north like Banner Elk, Blowing Rock and Linville haven't been "Floriduhized"...and seemingly never will.
What??? My husband was born and raised in Asheville and the in-laws live there. Asheville, the Highlands, and Cashiers have been wealthy Floridian's vacations since the beginning of time. Real estate is so expensive in those areas because of that.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:04 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
What??? My husband was born and raised in Asheville and the in-laws live there. Asheville, the Highlands, and Cashiers have been wealthy Floridian's vacations since the beginning of time. Real estate is so expensive in those areas because of that.
I think he means that those areas have not been turned into tacky theme park areas like you'd find in Pigeon Forge.

Old 01-18-2014, 05:50 AM

27,197 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
I think he means that those areas have not been turned into tacky theme park areas like you'd find in Pigeon Forge.
Thank you...yes, that's what I meant.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I love the warm, balmy, clear waters of the summer! The heat doesn't bother me because it isn't near as hot and humid as South Carolina summers.

I am with you. When it is 50 degrees I am inside most of the time. Don't like it at all. Talk 85-90 I am all over it and usually at the beach. Some have never experienced below zero temps and think hot and humid is brutal. It is nothing compared to shivering, fingers numb and your face fells like it is going to break if half. I will take the heat.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:27 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,180 times
No wonder you left Ohio. That must have been terrible for you up there.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:49 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,124,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Does everybody head for the Smokies or are their other refuges?

I mean, assuming we can't afford to fly down to Rio.
Head to the beach. Put the rafts in the water, anchors the rafts, enjoy riding the gentle gulf waves while staying in one place. Watch the dolphins frolic. Have the extra raft holding lunch and beverages.
There is an abundance of outdoor activity in the summer months. We all don't stay cooped up in our houses all day as some would lead you to believe.

Heat and humidity is something most Floridians thrive on.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:53 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I am with you. When it is 50 degrees I am inside most of the time. Don't like it at all. Talk 85-90 I am all over it and usually at the beach. Some have never experienced below zero temps and think hot and humid is brutal. It is nothing compared to shivering, fingers numb and your face fells like it is going to break if half. I will take the heat.
What?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:59 PM

153 posts, read 357,903 times
The only escape for us is somewhere to some have fun, not to escape the weather. We look forward to the humid, 90+ degree Florida weather that lasts a good portion of the year. This polar vortex crap is killing us! Lol.

My wife and I went to Disney a few times in 2013 and twice it was on humid, 90+ degree days and we loved every minute of it My 40th Birthday at Disney ). In June we went to three parks in one day wearing sandals and boy did we pay for it (my feet below afterwards - ooch!), but again had a great time and can't wait to get back.

We were also down in SFL / Key West at the beginning of August and couldn't get enough of the beautiful tropical weather South Florida and Key West ). We're planning on going the same time again this year as there are "off season" deals to be had there and not as many tourists in KW (but plenty of water and pools). We love, love the heat and look forward to August!

Ummmmm ..... Sorry for below! Lol.

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-28-2014 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: advertising/spam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida