Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

I like Charlie.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I like Charlie.
I really like Charlie, as many Floridians do. He's still leading despite the million dollars in mud Scott is throwing.

2014 election poll: Charlie Crist leads Rick Scott - POLITICO.com

RealClearPolitics - Election 2014 - Florida Governor - Scott vs. Crist

Old 05-08-2014, 05:37 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Yep. If there's one thing the sheeple adore, it's a charming phony.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Anyway, it's been all downhill since Lawton Chiles. I miss that guy.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM

I have to say, though, it might be kind of fun if Charlie got back into the Governor's Mansion, if only to see how JEB! would deal with it. I guess that would be Charlie's ultimate revenge for getting thrown under the bus in favor of Rubio. Priceless! There's no love lost between JEB! and Scott, either. There goes that presidency, slip slidin' away.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:22 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
When Charlie was AG, he stated that red light cameras were unconstitutional. As Governor and receiving 'donations' from camera companies, he had no problem signing the bill.
Democrats hated him when he had an 'R' after his name, but after standing on a stage with Obama, slinging mud at Rubio and then placing a 'D' after his name, dems are all of a sudden in love with the guy. And Charlie just l-o-v-e-s Obamacare.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Let's see, on one side we have Charlie Crist, a moderate republican whose only fault may be that he was less than candid about why he left the republican party versus Rick Scott, a well know crook who defrauded Medicaid outof multimillions and has governed Florida so far to the right and so divisively that the millions he spent trashing Crist has barely affected his poll ratings and unfortunately for Scott his millions cannot whitehouse his business past or his inept leadership.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
When Charlie was AG, he stated that red light cameras were unconstitutional. As Governor and receiving 'donations' from camera companies, he had no problem signing the bill.
Democrats hated him when he had an 'R' after his name, but after standing on a stage with Obama, slinging mud at Rubio and then placing a 'D' after his name, dems are all of a sudden in love with the guy. And Charlie just l-o-v-e-s Obamacare.
They don't call him Good Time Charlie for nuthin'.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Let's see, on one side we have Charlie Crist, a moderate republican whose only fault may be that he was less than candid about why he left the republican party versus Rick Scott, a well know crook who defrauded Medicaid outof multimillions and has governed Florida so far to the right and so divisively that the millions he spent trashing Crist has barely affected his poll ratings and unfortunately for Scott his millions cannot whitehouse his business past or his inept leadership.
Mind you, I didn't post this to debate the relative merits of Crist vs Scott. I posted it because I think playing the race card is one of the most evil things a politician can do. Not that it matters much at this point. The US is pretty much done for, anyway. Historically, no country survives the conditions that have evolved, but people don't read history, so they're doomed to repeat it. It's all over but the tears.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Mind you, I didn't post this to debate the relative merits of Crist vs Scott. I posted it because I think playing the race card is one of the most evil things a politician can do. Not that it matters much at this point. The US is pretty much done for, anyway. Historically, no country survives the conditions that have evolved, but people don't read history, so they're doomed to repeat it. It's all over but the tears.
My understanding is that when someone plays the race card it is a person of that race using it against another person of a different race. In other words, if Crist were black, an argument may be made that he is playing the race card; as he is not black, I take his excuse as less than playing the race card and more a lame excuse as to why he left the republican party after his defeat by Rubio. Yes, Crist may rightly believe that he was unfairly criticized by members of his own party for meeting Pres. Obama, but that is not playing the race card in my opinion for saying so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida