Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:43 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
You must have reading comprehension issues ... I said f-e-d-e-r-a-l. Saying that FL is a great place to live is strictly opinion which has been countered by many here on C-D.
Yeah, many people who didnt like it here. Tell your story to the other 20 million people who do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 10:44 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
low life chumsa? you will grab at anything floating, wont u.

what is low life in your disturbed world?
Obviously not the same as yours ....maybe Santa will bring some lens cleaners so you can better see the reality around you.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, many people who didnt like it here. Tell your story to the other 20 million people who do.
Do have any "statistics" to prove that the other 20 million LIKE it there and are not just stuck due to economic hardship, family or medical reasons, etc ?

Of course you don't ...

Old 12-24-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Obviously not the same as yours ....maybe Santa will bring some lens cleaners so you can better see the reality around you.
obviously not. I can see the reality very clearly.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Do have any "statistics" to prove that the other 20 million LIKE it there and are not just stuck due to economic hardship, family or medical reasons, etc ?

Of course you don't ...
you've got to be kidding. thats the most asinine post you have made to date.

give me something that backs up anything u posted

Old 12-24-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
you've got to be kidding. thats the most asinine post you have made to date.

give me something that backs up anything u posted
You posted that 20 million like it in Florida, right ?

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you and all others on C-D ... we will agree to disagree on many things and I'm sure that will continue in 2015 !

Old 12-24-2014, 11:02 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Meh.

We need a good storm to thin out the herd a bit.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
You posted that 20 million like it in Florida, right ?

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you and all others on C-D ... we will agree to disagree on many things and I'm sure that will continue in 2015 !
Disprove me.

Again, to save your credibility, show facts that back up your posts.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:19 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Florida is the only state on this site where many of the locals hate their own state.. every other state on CD you post the slightest criticism and you bashed by every homer in sight. I applaud some of you Florida natives for not being homers but at the same time stick up for your state if you like it. Have some pride in being from Florida. Florida is a great state and it has a lot of offer the USA. People move to Florida from all over the world for a reason, its a great place to live.
It's pretty easy to see why after having lived here for several years. So many stupid people move here in droves because of the misplaced desire for "the easy life" with palm trees, sand, and margeritas, without having thought things through. They look at raw data like cost of living comparisons and base their decision on it. "omg! I can get a big new house in FL for a fraction of the cost! I can make chump change and live high on the hog!" So they move, having saved little and assuming they'll land a good job when they touch down. When reality hits and they realize living by the beach isn't the same as a vacation, and their job prospects fizzle due to under-qualification, they visit the forums to rant and rave about how awful Florida is, when in reality they're the problem, not Florida. These are the same people who complain about life in their home towns, and then complain because Florida isn't like it was "back home."

... Which, again, is why we need a good storm.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:50 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
The reality is that there is poverty everywhere. It's a global issue, too many people competing for the same resources. People are getting ruder everywhere and jobs are being replaced with technology. And then we have the mafias buying federal, state and local governments and making life more difficult for middle class America. We are seeing another real estate bubble where home prices are not matching people's salaries. On top of that health insurance is getting more expensive.

Yes some people hate living here, but many feel FL is as good as it gets. It's not like the NE or Pacific Coast don't have the same issues we have.

Poor immigrants are not a problem to most people in FL unless you live in Miami or the Orlando area. Many latin Americans don't even want to move to the US anymore, as their middle class is growing. Those that move to other parts of the state tend to be farm workers or assimilated middle class immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida