Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 07:58 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

There are idiots everywhere.

I wouldnt worry too much about the future of Florida's natural attributes.

Florida Forever | State Lands | Florida DEP

Conservation in Florida

Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program | NRCS

[quote=Sugah Ray;37748769]Horrible news for the wildlife.

Panther Killed On Collier Highway Adding To Record Death Toll « CBS Miami

Young Florida panther shot dead on Big Cypress Preserve | Tampa Bay Times

And if we get transplants like Todd "Scuttlebutt" Benfield....

/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
As if overpopulation is a good thing. And Florida has now passed New York's population because so many New Yorkers have moved down here.
Its not over population. There is plenty of room for growth, even in the large cities.
There is going to be sprawl, but that is the way it goes.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Florida is the only state on this site where many of the locals hate their own state.. every other state on CD you post the slightest criticism and you bashed by every homer in sight. I applaud some of you Florida natives for not being homers but at the same time stick up for your state if you like it. Have some pride in being from Florida. Florida is a great state and it has a lot of offer the USA. People move to Florida from all over the world for a reason, its a great place to live.
It's the people who were unsuccessful in living here. Whether it be employment, the weather, high density places, whatever, that complain the most. They really should spend their time thinking of more positive things in life.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:03 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Midwest people tried to get me banned from his site for posting construction criticism of their hometowns. I love every US state, I like some states more than others but every state and city has some value. Ups and downs to every place. Florida is a great state. Lot of people seem to hate it but some people love, it seems to be a really polarizing place.
FL haters should move to the PNW (which is highly popular here on CD) for a change since it's always greener on the other side of the fence(not). I'm in WA state for Christmas and people here complain pretty much about the same stuff. Sure growth is high in Seattle compared to much of FL(besides Miami); it's too crowded though (took me 2 hrs during rush hr to do 30 miles on I-5). Traffic is horrible, worse than anything I've seen in FL despite public transportation options. I especially liked the smell of urine on Pike Place (okay it's an interesting place). Some dude tried to sell me edible pot but he didn't have cheese flavor . It's very expensive.. (a tuna melt sandwich with chips $20?), if they don't separate garbage/recycle properly(remove labels from plastic bottles etc ..) they get ticketed by the Nazi waste mgmt(exact words from a local) and then there's the homeless and the constant rain. Oh and a teenager punched another one on the face during an agreed fight and the person died on the spot, it was in the news couple days ago (but hey these things only happen in FL, right?)

Teen dies after friend punches him at party

Old 12-24-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The question is popular with what type of people ?
All kinds. The state if not beneficial to the poor. Much more beneficial to the middle class and above.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
People are right to complain about the things I mentioned regardless. What mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger doesn't want better for their community when and where it's possible?

I actually love living in Florida. What I don't love is how the state operates in multiple regards, because it causes undue suffering for a very large number of working and middle-class residents. Most problems aren't unique to Florida, but Florida is where I live so accordingly it is where I want to see change the most. If everyone observed the same amount of care for wherever they lived, these discussions would happen far less in general.

There's also the fact that things don't get better until enough people recognize a problem exists in the first place. Given the choice between willful dishonesty and ruffling feathers, I'll gladly bear the fallout from the minority of resident cheerleaders who appear unconcerned with anything beyond an arm's length.
What is going on in your life that the state is imposing on you to make it difficult for you?

What problems affect your life that would not exist elsewhere?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:13 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
All kinds. The state if not beneficial to the poor. Much more beneficial to the middle class and above.
Sure, that's because there is no state tax. But are the majority of the immigrants coming in middle class and above ? I think not ...

Old 12-24-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami 88 View Post
Yet, we're the most cash-poor region in the U.S. while New York city area is the most cash-rich. And has those evil things like ivy league schools and high culture.

South Florida rated most cash-poor in nation - Sun Sentinel

Not to mention that they have corporations and educated people. We get illegals, their northern old people and their scammers. Anyone with any education (such as me) flees this sewer of poverty, underachievement as soon as we can. You retirees can have it.

But look at us, we're #3! More mindless population growth of poor people! Maybe we'll be like India soon! Filled the the brim with poverty! So awesome...NOT.
First of all, there is a whole lot of Florida besides S. FL. One article discusses poor and a few articles down covers the last minute Christmas rush.

Find me a state where nobody is poor.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:15 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Its not over population. There is plenty of room for growth, even in the large cities.
There is going to be sprawl, but that is the way it goes.
Sorry, but weren't you were saying that the state was overpopulated awhile back ? And will the current infrastructure and employment situation support these new immigrants ?

Old 12-24-2014, 08:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Heh, I'm tellin' ya. Time to move on. It sure was fun while it lasted, though.
I give myself about 5-10 yrs then I'm outahere.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida