Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:13 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,306,104 times

Advertisements

Not sure of the length of an East West Drive and it would depend on the time of day as well. No nothing of the Enclave at St Lucie West . Go to the PSL forum and post there to get a better idea , someone will know about it. Theres a few realtors on that sight that post regularly and they will know about good places to rent in your price range
Lived he almost four years and never seen a gator in the road, im sure it happens but not often. And PSL is large ...
see ....
With 171,000 residents, Port St. Lucie is Florida’s ninth largest city by population. It occupies an area of 116 square miles in St. Lucie County on Florida’s east coast, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach, half way between Miami and Orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 02:57 PM

175 posts, read 180,559 times
That's quite alright. so st. Lucie is a little more south than Orlando? I also like that its in between both Orlando and Miami. *-*
Although, not really into realtors. I use the for rent website and found some things there.

Would you recommend anything similar to st Lucie in areas maybe a little closer to Orlando? To my understanding I think st Lucie is 3 hours away. Its still my first pick but I'd like to keep my options open just in case things change

Thanks again!

Old 05-20-2015, 03:40 PM

It's about 2 hour from my driveway to the Orlando airport according to google maps (1 hr 53 minutes to be exact)
I don't know about any areas except here , not sure if vero beach is closer to orlando ?

Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 PM

And as far as realtors , the ones who post on the city data PSL site have a pretty good understanding of the area and different areas to rent , just saying

Old 05-20-2015, 03:54 PM

That's okay, thank you!
Do you mind linking me to where to communicate with these realtors?

Old 05-21-2015, 07:59 PM

Port St Lucie sub forum on City Data
//www.city-data.com/forum/port-...an-vero-beach/

Old 05-22-2015, 08:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelliedfox View Post
I'm not replyong to any crime stat info. I will never understand people. I specifically said I don't want any counter arguments and people still want to argue it haha. Idc if I have a, "****ty attitude". When someone or myself asks for a specific thing and everyone ignores it I have every right to be annoyed. Especially since I said it in my first post. I even gave a website with numbers id like to follow and even that was ignored. People came here to argue and I'm not in the mood nor care to fight.

Anywho. My husband is most likely going to try to transfer. He's a manager of Walmart, yes. He loses a dollar so its not that much different than a syarted job here in jersey. Mknimum wage is actually pretty close to that of florida depending ob where you work up here. However, he will be looking into other jobs and careers in whichever area we choose. Even though we have a good savings amount to last us a year, we want him secured into a joB, first. That was the first mistake we made the first time we moved to Florida and he lost his job. It was tough. I on the other hand can't transfer. Animal control laws differ state to state so I have to re certified in the state I moved to by going to school for two months. That's why we have our savings and he has to have a job first ^-^ and from what I've seen, salary for animal control here is 35k and it says 32k in Florida so not that big of a cut either. But we will see appreciate the job advice! It was a big issue last time D:

OK...........i also won't respond to any more posts from you since you seem to not want advice.....you are the one who brought up wanting a crime free area. I am feeling like you really don't want anyone to help you if they are trying to...... Just being realistic here.....so good luck......you are on your own...hope you find your Utopia.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Yep, definitely PSL. The people are kind, warm, tolerant, and understanding. You'll fit right in...

Old 05-22-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
OK...........i also won't respond to any more posts from you since you seem to not want advice.....you are the one who brought up wanting a crime free area. I am feeling like you really don't want anyone to help you if they are trying to...... Just being realistic here.....so good luck......you are on your own...hope you find your Utopia.
That's up to you. I wanted a low crime area. It'd be nice is places were crime free but wherever there is people there is crime. I'm looking more petty crime.
I don't mind advice; I just want it on the areas I'm looking at and areas further from Orlando and not the places I've mentioned. I don't get why that's difficult.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Yep, definitely PSL. The people are kind, warm, tolerant, and understanding. You'll fit right in...
If you actually read my posts; none of them are rude until people got sarcastic with me. They're honest and to the point. I laid out everything I wanted to know, didn't want to know, and what I didn't like as well as the fact that I'm extremely picky. People took that and centered on what I didn't want to know and threw it in my face instead of answering the question at hand.

If people are actually what you say in PSL, then I SHOULD fit right in. Not as sarcastically as I believe you're implying by putting your words in italics. You have no idea what kind of person I am just by a few posts with people fighting my opinion with their own. I always put others first and when I asked to be put first by getting things answered and having more options (if any) I getter opposite. So I'm frustrated and there is nothing wrong with that.

Now, unless I took your post the wrong way, is there anything on PSL or anywhere else is Florida that you would like to add that could better my lack luster knowledge on said areas? So far, from what the person said above, PSL is still my top pick but I really do want a second and third choice in case it doesn't work out job wise, area wise, etc.

Thanks to you and anyone else in advance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida