Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
After just returning from Washington state where marijuana is completely legal medically and recreationally , FL seems so backward. Then again, what do u expect from this state?
Are the 20 some odd states that have not legalized marijuana in any form backwards also?

FL had a vote on it last year. Not enough votes to pass it. Maybe next time around. Perhaps its the people that live here and not the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 07:13 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,524,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Are the 20 some odd states that have not legalized marijuana in any form backwards also?

FL had a vote on it last year. Not enough votes to pass it. Maybe next time around. Perhaps its the people that live here and not the state?
It was a real close vote. Polk county had the highest votes against it and probably why it wasn't passed (Grady Judd).
I think it would get passed this next time around.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 AM

228 posts, read 247,362 times
In response to the vapeing of MJ, Vaping reduces the toxins associated with burning the herb, but does not eliminate entirerly the negative effects. Even CBD oil has to "suspended" in something, usually 1 of or mix of PG/VG propylene glycol or vegetable glycol. PG/VG are mid level food preservatives and also used to keep mites off chickens (not a MJ user but I do raise critters and smoked then vaped then quit everything). Anyway back to the import bit.

The glycols even if straight VG which is difficult due to the thickness of it, do introduce a substance to your lungs that is currently seen by the FDA as harmless, but no long term studies exist, especially in relation to the vaporizing/heavy vape use.
Additionally any items inside of the plant besides the THC/CBD etc. also go into your lungs.

Ea person/parent/guardian, needs to educate and weigh the risks, and do trials to see the effects, I will never "roll a joint" but if MMJ is allowed I would like to see if a CBD based product could help reduce the pain from 3 fake discs/2 failed hip replacements, crushed thigh/pelvis and all the neuro pain that is associated with those items, but not only do I have to go through the State allowing it, I gotta make sure the VA doctors are cool with it so they don't flag me.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:13 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,897,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Git Her Done View Post
Really..... I did not know that. People I know say high quality Vaps like the Volcano Vap eliminates all toxins in MJ smoke therefore you take in only the healing properties of MJ....but you are saying this is not true?
You need to do your own medical research, not rely on your friends - whom I would assume do not have medical degrees - for medical advice.

From cancer.org:
"E-cigarettes may contain harmful substances. However, the types or concentrations of chemicals, including nicotine, vary based on the brand.
Among all of the alternative tobacco products, e-cigarettes are the least regulated. They have no warning labels and can be sold to people of any age. The FDA has not approved e-cigarettes as a way to quit smoking. People with cancer who want to quit smoking should use the approved methods for quitting smoking."

Just because you pay more for certain Vap brands does not mean that they are "high quality." There is virtually no regulation, so there is no such thing as "high quality" - you have no way of knowing if what you buy is higher or lesser quality than any other brand. They can write anything on the packaging or marketing that they want to.

This article explains pretty well how vaping is just as addictive as smoking, and causes various kinds of lung disease as well as cancer:
https://student.societyforscience.or...may-harm-lungs

Here are two other articles that discuss the same thing:
Before You Vape: High levels of Formaldehyde Hidden in E-Cigs - NBC News

E-cigarettes and vaping 'may cause lung cancer like normal cigarettes' | Metro News

These were all on the very first page of a Google search, so this was not hard research to do at all. You don't even have to go so far as to look up actual medical studies yourself. But you should definitely do more research before inhaling something into your body that is not a natural process based on what your friends tell you. Vaping still involves heating chemicals and inhaling them into your lungs. It still involves tobacco, if you are using tobacco - and smoke is not the only problem with inhaling tobacco products.

Again, there is no regulation in the US to determine that one brand is higher quality than another beyond what the company says to promote itself for its own profit, and all use the same chemical process which results in altered lung cells, inflammation, and disease.

CBD oil does not have to be breathed in, it is an essential oil which can be used in a variety of ways. Taking it internally without smoking means it does not have to be heated up, nor mixed with any oil that should not be taken into the body. You can take it with turmeric or other antioxidants that help with absorption just like one would an Omega3 flaxseed or fish oil. In that way, it can be an ANTI-inflammatory, versus vaping which CAUSES inflammation in the body.

Old 12-02-2015, 01:37 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
The VA recently has announced that if you live in a MM legal state they will not hold it against you when u test positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryinsham30 View Post
In response to the vapeing of MJ, Vaping reduces the toxins associated with burning the herb, but does not eliminate entirerly the negative effects. Even CBD oil has to "suspended" in something, usually 1 of or mix of PG/VG propylene glycol or vegetable glycol. PG/VG are mid level food preservatives and also used to keep mites off chickens (not a MJ user but I do raise critters and smoked then vaped then quit everything). Anyway back to the import bit.

The glycols even if straight VG which is difficult due to the thickness of it, do introduce a substance to your lungs that is currently seen by the FDA as harmless, but no long term studies exist, especially in relation to the vaporizing/heavy vape use.
Additionally any items inside of the plant besides the THC/CBD etc. also go into your lungs.

Ea person/parent/guardian, needs to educate and weigh the risks, and do trials to see the effects, I will never "roll a joint" but if MMJ is allowed I would like to see if a CBD based product could help reduce the pain from 3 fake discs/2 failed hip replacements, crushed thigh/pelvis and all the neuro pain that is associated with those items, but not only do I have to go through the State allowing it, I gotta make sure the VA doctors are cool with it so they don't flag me.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
The VA recently has announced that if you live in a MM legal state they will not hold it against you when u test positive.
Yes, however is subject to current/future leadership and federal approval of medical marijuana. Do not get me wrong, at this stage of my pain/neuropathy especialy, I would lvoe if MMJ was a cure all and could lead me to even a semi-normal life vs the hand full of opiates and muscle relaxers I take a day on top of a 24/7 patch. I have a constant rotation of nerve ablations/injections between 3 major areas etc. I will not try it illegally, I just am too much of a boy scout in that regards (security clearances/like driving/boating etc). However as soon as it becomes available medically beyond just anti-seizure which those kids/adults are in serious immediate need, then I am in.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:30 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
I think vaping will take care of many of the toxins when smoking it, and as mentioned, it is totally risk free if taken orally, although the effects feel different and I never cared for that manner of using it. There's really no sense in arguing the merits of pot, and like any drug, it can be used responsibly or abused. People believe what they choose to believe, just like with politics and religion. Glad to see this happen, and as a disclaimer I personally don't smoke it anymore, and haven't for maybe 13 years. Let people live their own lives is my motto. If I developed a health problem that pot would help, I probably would, legally or not. There's only one bad side effect. A friend once told me that he had to stop smoking it because he could afford the drug but not the groceries! Munchie effect. Which paradoxically can be a good effect if someone is undergoing chemo for cancer and needs their appetite stimulated.

I was musing over American society just yesterday. Looking around, I saw I was surrounded by government allowed establishments for alcohol, a drug that is one of the leading killers of humanity. These establishments are basically on every corner in many cities. There's nothing you can say that's really positive about the drug. It causes so many serious health problems it's not funny, often results in it's users becoming addicted, destroys individuals and entire families, is responsible for countless automobile deaths, and often leads to aggressiveness and violence. It's basically a poison that will kill you if you take too much of it. Yet these dosing establishments are literally everywhere and no one even questions it. You can go just about anywhere and buy it. But let someone take a puff of pot, a herb that has never killed one individual and makes people mellow and relaxed, along w/ having proven medicinal uses, and society wants to lock them up for smoking it. Absolutely insane, which is basically how I view American society today. Not sane, unhealthy, extremely aggressive and violent, and empty of insight or positive values. Trumptown.

Last edited by smarino; 12-02-2015 at 11:57 PM..

Old 12-03-2015, 01:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
For some its not about getting high but alleviating serious medical conditions through the use of medical marijuana,CNNs Dr Sanja Gupta did a revealing/informative documentary on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVHxOPEbqc

Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 AM

679 posts, read 878,221 times
You can buy all the guns you like, but don't worry, the Florida legislature will keep you safe from the psychoactive form of marijuana!

Old 12-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulippsy View Post
You can buy all the guns you like, but don't worry, the Florida legislature will keep you safe from the psychoactive form of marijuana!
See its repsonses like these that make getting MMJ laws passed or even Recreational use harder than they need to be.
It is the same as those who put alchohol in the mix etc.

Leave every other issue out of it, if you put guns into the mix it because polarizing, if you put alchohol into the mix, it becomes polarizing, etc etc.

Straight forward and simple, yes there are a bunch of old right wing whites that believes drugs are bad, but there is an equal number that would support MMJ and possibly rec. if the left didn't muddy the water so to speak. The trick goes like this

Bi-partisan bill originates allowing federal recognition of medical MJ, bill goes to senate where democrats add a "rider" to it that those on the MMJ registry cannot buy firearms- the bill fails because of the perceived gun control not to mention a federal "registery". So bill fails due to stupid politics then a week later the liberals comes out and say "Republicans killed MMJ law that would have saved children's lives and created 20,000 jobs in poor rural areas-the right wing are against farmers, children and agriculture" and then we rinse and repeat. (both sides are guilty by the way-far left and far right are so far apart they are the same and touching butts basically).

Leave the alcohol/guns or any other equivalency argument out of it and just argue the true and recognized positives of MMJ and even the positives of rec use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: