Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,840,422 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how many on this forum are from Wisconsin and thinking of moving to Florida. What part are you looking to move to? How much research have you done? Did anything you find out surprise you? What are your biggest "needs" or "must haves"? What do you think about HOA's and Deed Restrictions? Pool or not? The list could go on and on.............LOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,425,493 times
I agree, it makes no sense to restrict the question to WI ppl only, this is a FL forum, if you want only opinions of WI ppl, head to the WI forum.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Isn't it kind of ridiculous to ask people on the Florida Forum if they are moving from Wisconsin or thinking of moving when they are probably here ? I believe I would go on the Wisconsin Forum and ask. Yea why would they be on the Florida Forum if they were thinking about moving here.
Well...I'm in Wisconsin and I'm on here finding out info from other people about Florida. I've already met four Wisconsin people on here that are thinking of moving to Florida and they are doing what I'm doing.....gathering info from people that live in Florida or have lived here.
Why are you commenting negatively?
I would hope you had better things to do....like be nice or ****.
Thanks

Old 03-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
I agree, it makes no sense to restrict the question to WI ppl only, this is a FL forum, if you want only opinions of WI ppl, head to the WI forum.
Its ok if you don't "get it" but why read this and make a crappy remark??

Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Let me see if I go the Wisconsin Forum and ask how many are from Florida who are planning to move to Wisconsin. It is all clear to me now, not.
Knock yourself out JA.

Old 03-02-2016, 05:14 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
There's only so much you can learn from talking to strangers online.

How often are you down here?
The only way you can really know if it'll work for you is by spending lots of time down here not doing touristy things.

Old 03-02-2016, 06:53 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
The Cheese state. CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE

Old 03-02-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
There's only so much you can learn from talking to strangers online.

How often are you down here?
The only way you can really know if it'll work for you is by spending lots of time down here not doing touristy things.
A couple times a year. We will be down in May so I plan on going to the areas we are interested in and see what's what.
Yes, there is only so much you can learn from people on here but it's fun anyway (for the most part)
Thanks for your input

Old 03-02-2016, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
The Cheese state. CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE
Yessssss, the Cheese State. Good old Wisconsin. "Come smell our dairy air" LOLOLOL

Old 03-02-2016, 07:24 AM

351 posts, read 492,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Just wondering how many on this forum are from Wisconsin and thinking of moving to Florida. What part are you looking to move to? How much research have you done? Did anything you find out surprise you? What are your biggest "needs" or "must haves"? What do you think about HOA's and Deed Restrictions? Pool or not? The list could go on and on.............LOLOLOL
I'm not from WI - but I am your neighbor in MN. The west coast is a common destination for Midwesterners - Venice, Sarasota, Naples, etc.

HOAs have their pros and cons. It's an individual choice.

Perhaps you could spend a couple weeks traveling down the west side visiting the different cities. Decide on the city first - then drill down into the developments. I think you have many options - what feels 'right' for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida