Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Connecticut or Florida a better place to raise a family?
Connecticut 43 50.00%
Florida 32 37.21%
Both are good 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 09:16 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,338,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Nobody cares what you prefer. You're a negative voice in the thousands that move to FL every year. If the state was unbearable, cause of weather or other aspects of life, it would have 3.5 mil pop. like CT. Most people in FL don't care whether 3 hrs driving takes you to another state. This state offers a multitude of things to do and is sufficient for most people in FL. Of course there's exceptions .... like you.
If Florida were the size of CT it would have a population of 1.71 mil based on the current density. Again, you are comparing to a state that makes up less than 9% of the total land mass of Florida.

I assure you that many people care what's accessible within a region. It's about 1 hour to Mass and 1 hour to NY from where I am. I can get to Rhode Island and New Jersey in less than 2 hours and Pennsylvania in 2.5 hours. I am not limited to what's inside CT borders, none of us are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 09:28 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,175,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
If Florida were the size of CT it would have a population of 1.71 mil based on the current density. Again, you are comparing to a state that makes up less than 9% of the total land mass of Florida.

I assure you that many people care what's accessible within a region. And it's about 1 hour to Mass and 1 hour to NY from where I am. I can get to Rhode Island and New Jersey in less than 2 hours and Pennsylvania in 2.5 hours. I am not limited to what's inside CT borders, none of us are.
Reason you're obsessed with driving to nearby states is because CT offers very little(like RI). If it did, you'd stay put. That's the difference between FL and CT. FL does not exist in the shadow of larger states. It's self-sufficient for what you're describing.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Reason you're obsessed with driving to nearby states is because CT offers very little(like RI). If it did, you'd stay put. That's the difference between FL and CT. FL does not exist in the shadow of larger states. It's self-sufficient for what you're describing.
No sh*t dude, because it IS a larger state. That's what you're not getting.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
No sh*t dude, because it IS a larger state. That's what you're not getting.
I do, that's why FL is a better state.. larger=more options. Smaller(like CT) = nothing to do but go to nearby states/cities. Anyhow, this is becoming redundant. Move on..

Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Wherever someone has chosen to live is the best place for them. Everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I do, that's why FL is a better state.. larger=more options. Smaller(like CT) = nothing to do but go to nearby states/cities. Anyhow, this is becoming redundant. Move on..
There's no force field holding people in Connecticut. It's not like we live in another country and need a passport to cross the state lines. What Connecticut offers is what's accessible to the region. This is the only thing that matters, period.

You have what's near you, we have what's near us. Much of what's near us, happens to be outside of the state lines. Proximity is everything.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Quote:
Larger = spread out. Not necessarily more options. How often do you go from one end of FL to the other to partake in something? You probably have just as many places in your area as someone in CT does.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:15 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple87 View Post
Is Connecticut or Florida a better place to raise a family?
Both are good. Both are in the US, which is a great country to raise a family.

What makes a great place to raise a family will be the parent(s), genetics, and outside influences which will be influenced by your socioeconomic level (as in live in a horrible neighborhood, there will be more horrible people to influence you kids).

Comparing places to raise kids in the US is usually an exercise in splitting hairs.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:25 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Both are good. Both are in the US, which is a great country to raise a family.

What makes a great place to raise a family will be the parent(s), genetics, and outside influences which will be influenced by your socioeconomic level (as in live in a horrible neighborhood, there will be more horrible people to influence you kids).

Comparing places to raise kids in the US is usually an exercise in splitting hairs.
Unless we are talking about Mississippi or Louisiana...

Old 10-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Larger = spread out. Not necessarily more options. How often do you go from one end of FL to the other to partake in something? You probably have just as many places in your area as someone in CT does.
Many do trips from one side of FL to the other(for boating/kayaking/fishing/diving, similar sports or other reasons). I do..at times once or twice a month (going down to Pompano). Personally, I'd rather drive into South FL than any large city in the NE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida