Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area would you choose to live?
St. Petersburg 11 47.83%
West Palm Beach/Boynton Beach/Lake Worth area 9 39.13%
Elsewhere (if you choose this option you must post where) 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:00 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangococonut View Post
Wow, I didn't really want to be that far away from St. Pete - surprised its that far!!?! I did find out about the St Pete Collegiate (which she could get in for the following year, the cut off date already happened) and she has the grades to get in - but one would need to live in Pinellas County to apply....so therefore for 10th grade she would be stuck going to St. Pete high school (if we go this route). I heard good things about St. Petersburg (like the cultural/artsy vibe as well; nice beaches, things to do) that's why I have included it in my choices of where to go....just confused right now to be honest of the right town....
I think you're confused a bit here. There are two Seminole High Schools in FL, the one I recommended that's next to St Pete and the one you also found that's NE of Orlando. She can attend the very good school in the town of Seminole that I had first recommended in the Fall. Seminole is located an easy 20 minutes from all of the arts and culture in downtown St Pete.

https://www.pcsb.org/cms/lib/FL01903...s/SHSFINAL.pdf
Visit Top Florida Vacation Spots | Visit St Petersburg Clearwater Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 06:25 AM

686 posts, read 621,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Nah, it's not if one has been recently or doesn't have a vendetta against it. Also worth considering, St Petersburg is 2.5 times the size of West Palm Beach (255K to 105K) and has considerably more nicer neighborhoods and nice/very nice bordering suburbs, while tiny West Palm Beach also borders Riviera Beach (to the north) and Lake Worth (to the south) which are two of the most crime ridden cities in FL. Talk about a long way to go...
Nah, St. Pete is nowhere near being a nice city, aside from the parts I originally mentioned.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:04 AM

30,397 posts, read 21,215,773 times
I would take west Palm anyday. Much nicer weather and more rain during the summer.

Old 05-07-2017, 08:17 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
St. Pete, all day long.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:27 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
While I find St. Pete to be quite nice, I feel like West Palm offers a more diverse experience and better Winter weather. West Palm gives you access to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and the economy of south FL. Also, it is more diverse and "tropical" IMO and has more of a Caribbean vibe, which for me personally is a plus. It just depends on your individual tastes I suppose.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:41 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
OP the areas you're comparing are extremely different and it really is a matter of personal preference.

South Florida's NYC's sixth borough (West Palm Beach): it's a fast paced rat race, big city mentality, keep up with the Jone's, more high end restaurants/shopping....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida