Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 01:31 PM

2,683 posts, read 2,190,356 times

Advertisements

The old myfloridahomesmls.com real estate website has recently turned into state27homes.com. The old site was good, but the new one is terrible -- it simply does not include all the properties on the market. Other than Redfin, does anyone know of another website where the public can get current RE listings in Fl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 01:46 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,781,130 times
Can you give an example of why you think it doesn't have all the properties in the market? I will let them know.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Can you give an example of why you think it doesn't have all the properties in the market? I will let them know.

See for yourself. Log into your proprietary MLS system (or into Redfin) and compare what is listed for a given area on both sites. We've been looking for SFHs West of Trail, in the vicinity of Siesta Drive. Redfin lists four homes between $500-700K, the new site lists two. Same result if you look in other areas.

Also, the old myfloridahomes site, as well as most other sites that use a similar system, allow the user to limit the search area by shrinking or enlarging the map. The state27 site shows you every property in Sarasota no matter how you manipulate the map.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:20 PM

P.S: unless they do something to fix state27, I'd say Redfin will be getting more new customers.

Old 05-04-2017, 05:49 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,154,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The old myfloridahomesmls.com real estate website has recently turned into state27homes.com. The old site was good, but the new one is terrible -- it simply does not include all the properties on the market. Other than Redfin, does anyone know of another website where the public can get current RE listings in Fl?
What about Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com? If you have a particular area in mind you can ping a local realtor and they should be able to put together a custom list based on what you are looking for. Fannie Mae has a site for their forclosures and you can filter by zip code.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:45 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,117,948 times
I concur with OP. The replacement search site [and I'll keep it clean] stinks.
I thought when the new site had a banner ad for over a month, that it was an ad ploy to get people to switch. I bite and after using it for about 5 minutes, I quit.
I also noticed that there were many listings missing.
Looking at listings, I noticed on the 'details' that many qualifiers are missing. One example, CDD not shown. And I'm wondering why half the page is devoted to 'what amount of mortgage can I get'. A lender will be the final decider.
I sent a question to the site though the 'feedback' Where is the 'print' this listing button? If you use your computer print, you get a double image of the map and price/address overlay of the listing on the right side of the page. It's a mess. [btw- no response from the site]
I always thought the word 'all' meant 100% yet in category search, only single family homes are included. If you want to view mobile homes or villas or any other, new separate searches are needed. I'm on a limited gigs a month plan. This new site uses double the amount of megs per visit. There are many other issues that I don't like about the site but won't get into them.
Does anyone know why the switch was made?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:43 PM

I don't know the reason for the change but I know that the new one is supposed to have a driving time feature. Personally, I thought the URL for the
new one was awful (who the heck knows the order of the states as they were added to the union?)

Anyway, I'll copy your comments into an email to them.

Old 05-05-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredesch View Post
What about Zillow, Trulia and Realtor.com? If you have a particular area in mind you can ping a local realtor and they should be able to put together a custom list based on what you are looking for. Fannie Mae has a site for their forclosures and you can filter by zip code.

Those websites are mostly useless, as they are always way behind the current listings. They are of some use only in searching for what has already sold and at what price, but even that is often way behind the closing dates.
Eventually, when we move to Sarasota in a month or two, we will contact a realtor; but we wanted to familiarize ourselves with the market before we got there. Also we'd prefer to do our own search in our own time without having somebody breathing down our necks. The old website allowed us to do that.

As far as I can tell, the only workable source for current listings open to the public is Redfin. If anybody has another, we'd love to hear about it.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I concur with OP. The replacement search site [and I'll keep it clean] stinks.
I thought when the new site had a banner ad for over a month, that it was an ad ploy to get people to switch. I bite and after using it for about 5 minutes, I quit.
I also noticed that there were many listings missing.
Looking at listings, I noticed on the 'details' that many qualifiers are missing. One example, CDD not shown. And I'm wondering why half the page is devoted to 'what amount of mortgage can I get'. A lender will be the final decider.
I sent a question to the site though the 'feedback' Where is the 'print' this listing button? If you use your computer print, you get a double image of the map and price/address overlay of the listing on the right side of the page. It's a mess. [btw- no response from the site]
I always thought the word 'all' meant 100% yet in category search, only single family homes are included. If you want to view mobile homes or villas or any other, new separate searches are needed. I'm on a limited gigs a month plan. This new site uses double the amount of megs per visit. There are many other issues that I don't like about the site but won't get into them.
Does anyone know why the switch was made?

You noticed even more problems than I did. I don't know why the switch was made or who is responsible for the new site, but it is amazing to me that anyone would do such a terrible job on a website that is potentially so important to real estate professionals in Florida.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:08 PM

OK, I sent them your feedback and told them I'd post it here if they wanted to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida