Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 AM

88 posts, read 97,866 times

Advertisements

Is it true that the many people moving from Florida are going to ruin other states like NC because they'll cause overcrowding, crime, ruin good areas etc? This seems fascinating, but very very likely, and it also pisses me off because it won't be long before the whole US is ruined. lol. Any insights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 12:10 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
heh
For many years in Colorado, the natives there deplored the Texans coming in.
Later, it became the Californians.
Colorado is getting more crowded, but is far from being destroyed.
Some people just like to hear themselves complain.
This notion reminds me yet again of that post, I think it was Muggy's, I wish I could find it, about how people will migrate hither there and yonder searching for the perfect (affordable) place to live.
I doubt that North Carolina or any other state will be completely inundated, but some will definitely get more population than others.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:27 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,081,952 times
There will always be unruined cities and towns that just arent popular and new towns cropping all the time. Im moving to Oil city, no one else I know is moving there, theres no jobs to be had. Fine for me since im self employeed.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Now, I'm sure that when you said "Florida people" you didn't mean natives. I think you are referring to people that ruined Florida and are now going elsewhere.

I lived in Florida and moved to Tennessee. I moved there because I HATED Florida. What worries me is that crew that lived in their gated communities, drove their huge SUVs, got their HOI bill and now are looking elsewhere. We see them on the Tennessee forum. They haven't even moved there, are inquiring about the place and are already trying to change it. And they are already whining.

Smoking is allowed in restaurants! People living in trailers across from nice homes! Cars up on blocks! Too many wild animals!

Isn't there someplace these people can go where they are happy? Stick them all together and they can whine to each other?

Old 12-09-2006, 02:15 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Now, I'm sure that when you said "Florida people" you didn't mean natives. I think you are referring to people that ruined Florida and are now going elsewhere.

I lived in Florida and moved to Tennessee. I moved there because I HATED Florida. What worries me is that crew that lived in their gated communities, drove their huge SUVs, got their HOI bill and now are looking elsewhere. We see them on the Tennessee forum. They haven't even moved there, are inquiring about the place and are already trying to change it. And they are already whining.

Smoking is allowed in restaurants! People living in trailers across from nice homes! Cars up on blocks! Too many wild animals!

Isn't there someplace these people can go where they are happy? Stick them all together and they can whine to each other?

Yeahhhh. Let's send everybody to North Korea!!

Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post

I remember when you could have animals and cars on blocks in Miami. Now Team Metro fines you 250.00 a day for having your car break down and sit in your front yard. The imbeciles who run Dade county block off roads, install 4 way stop signs on every corner to try and cause as much congestion as possible. What was once a relatively stress-free area has turned into a communist state. Yet the best part of Miami is still uglier than most rural areas with fewer rules.

I would be happy to live in an area with trailers and businesses right across from fancy homes. If you have enough space, who cares what's around you? Want to have a junk yard, go ahead. Want to build a high rise office park, sure why not! I will be sitting in my bunker style home surrounded by big trees with some cars on blocks. Like I mentioned before, the only way to keep the undesirables out is to get control of the local government and stop zoning from taking hold. Without the communist control of zoning, the undesirable new urbanists and all their problems will just pass by. Who would build a Mc Mansion and gates communities where the local government will not support them. What do I support? Businesses that generate income by producing products, not the stupid real estate bubble game.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 PM

I agree. I'm so afraid these Florida nuts are going to come up here and pave over the whole place. West Knoxville already looks like SW Florida: Tons of cookie-cutter houses, miles of strip malls, bumper-to-bumper traffic!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,739,729 times
And unfortunately you won't get a Category 5 hurricane to scare them off either! Better pray for global cooling and more snow/..LOL! By the way, tell me where you can live and have trailers and cars on blocks, so I can move there!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:29 PM

TallRick,

I will PM you. Cool Floridians can move here, but not the schlocky masses!

Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 PM

88 posts, read 97,866 times
At this rate, I'll just have to live in the desert! LOL unless they pave that over too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: