Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2006, 10:53 PM

14 posts, read 16,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian11 View Post
I would also like to point out the large number of construction sites in this area, and I want everyone to try to image how downtown Orlando will look like in a few years, once all the high-rise buildings are finished. Will you be able to see the sky or the sunset? I think not.

You can see the cranes in the downtown skyline... they are everywhere you look, it is not very pleasing to the eye. Can you imagine when all these apt homes (aka. condos) are ready?? Where will all these folks park their cars, what space will we have have on the roads? Where will all these kids go to school? Where will these folk work, my God the job market here is crap right now, WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN???

Out-of-state folks need to make a decision of moving somewhere based on not just on what a city/area is, but also on what it will be like in a few years too, if you do not plan head, you could end up stuck with a crappy house or even worse, a condo, and not be able to sell and be desperate to move away!!

Enjoy!!
you are so right, jobs here don pay and life is stressful its better in NYC since you get stressed there too but get paid more.

Construction is getting scary people have no space... yuck

Old 12-21-2006, 11:26 PM

628 posts, read 1,833,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnIsTheSeason View Post
you are so right, jobs here don pay and life is stressful its better in NYC since you get stressed there too but get paid more.

Construction is getting scary people have no space... yuck
If live is better in NYC whay are you moving to Penn??? Paradise is what you make it. I hope you can make it in Penn

Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 PM

14 posts, read 16,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
If live is better in NYC whay are you moving to Penn??? Paradise is what you make it. I hope you can make it in Penn
I lived in a very nice HOUSE in nyc, thank you very much. Not my house, but still it was very nice.

No orlando will never be paradise, how can it be, it's a mess; I am on my own, i much rather live in smaller towns with no violence, yes nyc has got crime, our ex-mayor did a great job cleaning it up, really, we need Rudy to come to orlando and work at it, its sooooo dangerous here people in this forums are telling the truth, orlando is bad. Oh NYC had 300 years to become kinda messed up right now, you guys are a mess here in Orlando, the city is supposed to have started being populated like 40 years ago, what gives???

Also the rent is too high how can both me and the b/f pay for rent, I am in management, i made great money in the city; in Orlando no one pays what you are worth, yesthere are higher taxes in ny, but even with taxes I had a lot more money left in ny than here.

really, Penn is very nice, i am going there, enough of this Orlando nonsense, people are very stupid to move down here, only people who hate themselves would do this, i am not kidding.

There is no culture here, in ny people eventually become new yorkers, but here everyone is a different way, not saying that is bad, but where is the local culture, where is the friendly folk I was told lived in Orlando? Where are the houses that "anyone can afford there"? Where is the "very safe in Orlando" I always heard? ALL LIES, my b/f was following our friend's advice, but they are not real friends, now we know, they just needed us to come down here and help them, they are very depressed living in orlando, you make 0 friends here, so these people wanted us to move down and hang out with them, but their promisses that Orlando is nice/clean/safe... ALL LIES!!

How can people live here with the low paying jobs??!?

Old 01-03-2007, 02:47 PM

944 posts, read 3,848,020 times
Gas Station on Central Ave., St. Petersburg.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/muggyFL/Mace.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Gas Station on Central Ave., St. Petersburg.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/muggyFL/Mace.jpg (broken link)
That was good Muggy!

Old 01-03-2007, 03:39 PM

90 posts, read 377,789 times
Gee, I am glad I am moving soon.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:01 PM

90 posts, read 377,789 times
Default Ditto to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinenjim View Post
Florida is a BEAUTIFUL state that has been ruined by humanity. That sums it up for me. God, I wanted to move there so bad. Looked into Tampa, visited there three times. Decided against it because I didn't wanna get shot and I didn't want my wife getting attacked by the next up-and-coming Ted Bundy.

Final thoughts: Florida can take it's palm trees, beaches, weather and sunny skies and shove em' up it's a**. I'm staying right here in PA, thank you very much.
It seems that has been the feeling of many that live/lived in Florida.
It makes me think seriously about buying a resale down here for snowbirding.
I think I will just visit the state someday and not own anything anymore here.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinenjim View Post
People think I'm wierd owning a motorhome at age 28, but I love it.
Weird!?

Dude, you are my H - E - R - O. Please tell my wife how awesome it is...

Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 PM

10 posts, read 73,780 times
Default Roaches

I know that FL has a lot of big problems...but I can't help but share something that I will never get used to: Cockroaches. Yes, I know every city has roaches. But they don't have the gigantic "palmetto bugs" that will fly after and attack you. I swear, I would rather deal with a snake or alligator any day. As soon as the rainy season kicks in, the cockroaches move in.
Attached Thumbnails
The worst of Florida (photos and stories)!-palmettobug.jpg  

Old 01-07-2007, 09:43 AM

Worry not good people, when the sun subsides you can look to the sky and get paid in wires instead.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/muggyFL/Wires.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida