Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 02:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
That's a very broad statement. Nothing like an ar15 existed when the constitution was created
Doesn't matter. The country will have a second Civil War is you strip away ownership rights. Just a reality. Might as well address another solution other than banning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 02:26 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times
At this point in the "gun debate"...I dont really care what gun owners want or think--- I am disgusted at the lack of action we, as a country are taking and continuing to let our young people die in school shootings. If they are sad that guns need to be taken away, then I send them my "thoughts and prayers".... It's time we stand up against the NRA, the lobbyist and take action. We need to control who has access to guns!

How many more mass shootings will it take? I mean honestly-- How many more? Because I can guarantee there will probably be another big one before the academic school year is finished in June. How many more can we tolerate? I am sickened by this. The vegas shooting wasn't enough apparently. The Douglas shooting? Will that be enough? How many more mass shootings? And don't respond to me telling about mental illness. Yes, I am aware mental illness is the cause of these mass shootings, but I know 58 wouldn't have been killed is that mentally ill person didnt have a gun. 17 teenagers would not have been killed if he did not have a knife.

Enough is enough. Get a grip, America. I am full on ready for GUN CONTROL. and lots of it! I'll support a total ban. It at least we're taking action, we're doing SOMETHING. This can't go on.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:42 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
You do realize we have gun control now....if the FBI had done it's job..this kid was a flaming red flag and not even investigated....if the FBI had done it's job...our present "gun control" would have worked

You guys that are screaming gun control....who do you think is going to control it?...and how will that be any better or different than what's in place now?....the same agency that didn't report the Texas shooter...didn't report this kid...and didn't report the others

Old 02-18-2018, 02:44 PM

166 posts, read 353,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
At this point in the "gun debate"...I dont really care what gun owners want or think--- I am disgusted at the lack of action we, as a country are taking and continuing to let our young people die in school shootings. If they are sad that guns need to be taken away, then I send them my "thoughts and prayers".... It's time we stand up against the NRA, the lobbyist and take action. We need to control who has access to guns!

How many more mass shootings will it take? I mean honestly-- How many more? Because I can guarantee there will probably be another big one before the academic school year is finished in June. How many more can we tolerate? I am sickened by this. The vegas shooting wasn't enough apparently. The Douglas shooting? Will that be enough? How many more mass shootings? And don't respond to me telling about mental illness. Yes, I am aware mental illness is the cause of these mass shootings, but I know 58 wouldn't have been killed is that mentally ill person didnt have a gun. 17 teenagers would not have been killed if he did not have a knife.

Enough is enough. Get a grip, America. I am full on ready for GUN CONTROL. and lots of it! I'll support a total ban. It at least we're taking action, we're doing SOMETHING. This can't go on.
You lost me with "total ban." That is absurd. Total ban on guns means ONLY the criminals have guns and NONE of the law abiding citizens do. How do you think that is a good idea???

I never weigh in on any of this type of debate but your comment was ridiculous.

Old 02-18-2018, 02:47 PM

1,129 posts, read 470,245 times
There is another debate going on this forum about what would happen in the event of a total ban, someone posted a link to a video from an Australian comedian, he answers all the questions and arguments from both sides of the argument in a very funny but brutally honest way. there are a few swear words along the way for anyone a bit sensitive but his reasoning really strikes home, I highly recommend everyone watch it, it is in 2 parts and really worth a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Old 02-18-2018, 02:48 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,826,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Tell me why you need a 30-50 round mag for home defense or hunting. It would slow mass shooters down though
Hog hunting. I would not go hog hunting with anything less than an AR-platform weapon with a 30 round magazine along with a backup sidearm. They are very, very dangerous animals.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:13 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
You do realize we have gun control now....if the FBI had done it's job..this kid was a flaming red flag and not even investigated....if the FBI had done it's job...our present "gun control" would have worked

You guys that are screaming gun control....who do you think is going to control it?...and how will that be any better or different than what's in place now?....the same agency that didn't report the Texas shooter...didn't report this kid...and didn't report the others
Deflection. So this time they can try to blame the FBI. What will they blame it on next time? What did they blame it on last time? The time before that? Always some excuse.

There's no simple answer either. It's a combination--mental illness, types of guns being allowed, maybe age of lawful ownership, our messed up culture, violence on tv and the internet. And no one has the guts to do anything.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:23 PM

14 posts, read 7,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post

So you want a total gun ban only to rely on the federal government for protection against mass shootings? The same government who knows 2 of our biggest "allies" in the middle east are providing funding to these radical groups you see taking responsibility in attacks like France in 2015, or the couple responsible for the San Bernadino shooting, or the guy who shot up the nightclub in orlando? You want to ban all firearms only to have all of them in the possession of the same government who makes billion dollar arms deals with these same, "allies"? I'm not trying to get you to change your mind, you have your opinion and thats perfectly fine. All I am trying to do is to get you to think outside of the box...

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/871591038191894528

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN11D2JQ

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0FJ2M820140714

The truth about President Trump's $110 billion Saudi arms deal - ABC News

And lets not forget about the UK
UK defence minister on $6.7bn arms deal with Qatar | Qatar News | Al Jazeera

Old 02-18-2018, 03:33 PM

1,129 posts, read 470,245 times
You really do not need a well armed militia to protect the citizens from a government in a functioning democracy, the fact Trump actually got voted in proves without any shadow of doubt your voting system is not rigged in anyway and you can stand down.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:50 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingofSunshine View Post
You lost me with "total ban." That is absurd.
I could be wrong, but I think a few posters on this thread aren't American citizens or are immigrants and don't understand that we follow the US Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida