Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 01:41 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
I hate humidity. Everywhere I read states that Fl is the worst place to be known for its harsh humidity. Despite this, we decided to book an 8 day trip and surprised to say I enjoyed my trip tremendously. I didnt feel the humidity at all (it's been around 48% same as back home in oregon). I love all the activities. We didnt go to any theme parks but the beach and stroll walks were enough to keep us entertained. Didnt really see any bugs as well. I got bit a few times but barely noticed. My kids weren't bit. Overall I didnt see any cons aside from the ugly road work. Traffic wasnt toi bad either. So my question is, when does florida show it's bad side? I'm definitely staying away from miami from now on, but the beach towns (fort Myers in particular) was nice. The husband is actually thinking about moving here. We're from oregon and getting tired of the rain. TIA.

Come back here in July and August and see if you feel the same way..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 01:49 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
By the way, those sea breezes are like turning on a blow dryer and pointing it at your face. No thank you. I like the breezes from my ice cold A/C much much better.
Not to mention, the sand (particularly on the Gulf Coast) is SCALDING HOT and reflects the sun's rays right back at you lol.
I remember trying to walk barefoot on the sand in Clearwater on a hot summer day. HUGE mistake.

Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Not to mention, the sand (particularly on the Gulf Coast) is SCALDING HOT and reflects the sun's rays right back at you lol.
I remember trying to walk barefoot on the sand in Clearwater on a hot summer day. HUGE mistake.
The worst possible place to be in Florida in summer is the beach. IMHO. The water is hot. The sand is hot. The breeze is hot. You are hot. You are burning. You literally feel like you are standing on the sun.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:03 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
The worst possible place to be in Florida in summer is the beach. IMHO. The water is hot. The sand is hot. The breeze is hot. You are hot. You are burning. You literally feel like you are standing on the sun.
I love when the water is comfortable, I've never been in the water when it's hot. It could be August and i still think the water is cold when I first get in and I have to sneak in carefully.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:04 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:

Literally, huh?

Jeez, such a bunch of drama queens, lol.

It's Florida. It's hot in the summer. But would you believe tens of millions - HUNDREDS - of millions of people around the world manage to live in places even further south than Florida, and even closer to the equator.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:05 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
That’s the only time I enjoy being in the water is during summer, especially peak summer.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:39 PM

4,479 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Literally, huh?

Jeez, such a bunch of drama queens, lol.

It's Florida. It's hot in the summer. But would you believe tens of millions - HUNDREDS - of millions of people around the world manage to live in places even further south than Florida, and even closer to the equator.
Yes, and I would NEVER EVER visit or live in those places.

In fact, Florida is too hot for me. So I'm leaving as soon as I retire!

Hibernation season for me starts this weekend, with the first temps in the 90s expected (in Tampa).

I won't come out of the A/C for outdoor activities until October. Unless those outdoor activities involve getting on a plane to Canada.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:49 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
I won't even get in the water until maybe July.....

Old 05-02-2018, 03:06 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I won't even get in the water until maybe July.....
exactly lol that's why i actually look forward to summer

Old 05-02-2018, 04:27 PM

17,184 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Oh I get in the water alright. I just know from my own errors that the sand can get as hot as a stove top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida