Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:13 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,227,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Travelling in a motor vehicle is a right.
Do you really believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 08:42 AM

I know you hate it when I tell you you're wrong, but you are. Traveling as a passenger in a motor vehicle is not a right, it's a privilege. It's a privilege to ride in someone's car and it's a privilege to have someone drive you in your own car because even owning a car is not a right. You have the right to freely move about but riding in a motor vehicle isn't guaranteed.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:47 AM

In your rush to make yourself seem superior you got yourself a little confused.

The poster I was responding to made no reference to "personal "rights. It's not always about you , Shelkie but you could always sign on with one of your other member names to validate your post.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno28 View Post
Bottom line I guess is simply don't charge or sneak through an intersection, or run a red or yellow light ! A yellow light doesn't mean 'speed up'.

Also turning right on red doesn't mean proceed with caution, it means STOP first.
The std definition is kinda like this.

Green = Go
Yellow = Slow to stop unless too close to slow, but don't speed up
Red = STOP

Now for too many they mean:

Green= go as fast as you can
Yellow = Go faster
Red = keep going or slow and then keep going.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:15 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,155,294 times
Let's not confuse a regulation and an actual law. There is a difference.

These regulations were created for commerce and control of the people.

So,I can have a car,and be too poor to pay for "paperwork". So I can't travel in my car? We do have a right to travel freely ?

The government calls this a law,so the people eat it up, but law involves behavior. Getting a parking or speeding tickets are for offenses against regulations.

So,a driver of a car does not do time for killing someone in an accident. Unless intentionally having a motive to kill and harm.

Old 05-08-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Let's not confuse a regulation and an actual law. There is a difference.

These regulations were created for commerce and control of the people.

So,I can have a car,and be too poor to pay for "paperwork". So I can't travel in my car? We do have a right to travel freely ?

The government calls this a law,so the people eat it up, but law involves behavior. Getting a parking or speeding tickets are for offenses against regulations.

So,a driver of a car does not do time for killing someone in an accident. Unless intentionally having a motive to kill and harm.
Doesn't have to be intentional.

If they unintentionally kill someone while driving drunk there's a mandatory sentence of two to five years in some states. Not sure about Florida.

I have never ran a red light or been hit from behind while stopping for one but I've had a few close calls due to others that can't be bothered to stop for one. They can put cameras on every corner for all I care.

Last edited by FLHfan; 05-08-2018 at 08:51 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The std definition is kinda like this.

Green = Go
Yellow = Slow to stop unless too close to slow, but don't speed up
Red = STOP

Now for too many they mean:

Green= go as fast as you can
Yellow = Go faster
Red = keep going or slow and then keep going.
Seems like that's the rule in Florida, at least for long time residents, jacked up trucks and BMW drivers.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Legal theft via a road tax. I hope these thieves who ruled on this all get the karma that they deserve.

When we vote out the politicians in favor of this they will get the message.
So in your opinion there should be no deterrents to running redlights and stop signs?

Old 05-09-2018, 09:41 AM

7 posts, read 6,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So in your opinion there should be no deterrents to running redlights and stop signs?

hmm...it's obvious that redlight cameras don't deter people running red lights..lol

Old 05-09-2018, 11:06 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeno23 View Post
hmm...it's obvious that redlight cameras don't deter people running red lights..lol
If they actually issue tickets it deters people. I got a $350 ticket plus traffic school etc back in California... trust me I was ever so careful at those intersections from then on out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida