Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,698,258 times

Advertisements

The usual and annual Memorial Day Weekend Rains Arrived yesterday here in SW Miami and have not stopped a bit and its raining steady this AM for several hrs...The weather forecast goes into more rains (Heavy Thunderstorms) thru Monday Nite, then Thunderstorms to Wednesday nite.

We can use the water, no doubt.

I hope the REST of Florida is getting Wet too...There was a lot of Dry Areas all over, and we had our share of Fires all over too, specially the SW Gulf Counties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 07:19 AM

30,434 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Been bone dry sly this month for my area.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:27 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Our rainy season here in Lee County has started early. We had a huge storm Friday that lasted for hours with heavy rain and we had an all day rain event last Sunday. However the ground is still pretty dry as I noticed yesterday when I was gardening and digging holes for my new plants.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Our rainy season here in Lee County has started early. We had a huge storm Friday that lasted for hours with heavy rain and we had an all day rain event last Sunday. However the ground is still pretty dry as I noticed yesterday when I was gardening and digging holes for my new plants.
How about today ???? Here in Broward, Miami Dade and the Keys we are getting plenty of rains for almost 24 hrs already and they are to continue for a couple more days.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
How about today ???? Here in Broward, Miami Dade and the Keys we are getting plenty of rains for almost 24 hrs already and they are to continue for a couple more days.
Not a drop north of Tampa. South FL gets 10 times the rain i ever did.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:56 AM

Rainy Season there takes a dammed while to show up....eventhought when we lived in Pinellas, and this Holiday Weekend for ever was messed up with much rains wherever we decided to go in the State

When young and while living there we did a lot of Camping thru out the years, The Peace River, Fisheating Creek, Fort de Soto, Silver Lake, The Disney Campgrounds, Camping for 2, 3 nites at an Island off of Dunedin Beach, known back then as "Naked Island" because every one in there was with zero clothes all the time, we got there by Private Boat only.

We always got rained out on this Long Holiday Weekend...Towards the END of our tenting years we actually stopped camping for Memorial, due to the fact that we actually had some really sour experiences.

But the rainy Season for Us in the Tampa Bay Area, basically started by late June and or July.

BTW we had a one hr rainless break here, but it's raining again.

Later

Old 05-24-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Rainy Season there takes a dammed while to show up....eventhought when we lived in Pinellas, and this Holiday Weekend for ever was messed up with much rains wherever we decided to go in the State

When young and while living there we did a lot of Camping thru out the years, The Peace River, Fisheating Creek, Fort de Soto, Silver Lake, The Disney Campgrounds, Camping for 2, 3 nites at an Island off of Dunedin Beach, known back then as "Naked Island" because every one in there was with zero clothes all the time, we got there by Private Boat only.

We always got rained out on this Long Holiday Weekend...Towards the END of our tenting years we actually stopped camping for Memorial, due to the fact that we actually had some really sour experiences.

But the rainy Season for Us in the Tampa Bay Area, basically started by late June and or July.

BTW we had a one hr rainless break here, but it's raining again.

Later
I am right on the gulf and get very little rain most summers while everyone inland got much more rain jane.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:36 AM

Wow...Non Stop rains since the last post from me at noon Sunday, No Open Gyms here yet .. I couldn't go out into this wet streets to do my thing, even at the Shopping center I go to when this happens, it has to be wet all over, because it's been windy too.

Oh well, as longs as Lake Oke is getting water too, it's all OK.

Until 6:30am EDT, Mon May 25

Action Recommended: Avoid the subject event as per the instructions
Issued by: Miami - FL, US, National Weather Service,

...THE FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 630 AM EDT FOR CENTRAL MIAMI-DADE COUNTY... AT 540 AM EDT, DOPPLER RADAR AND AUTOMATED RAIN GAUGES INDICATED HEAVY RAIN. THIS WILL CAUSE MINOR FLOODING IN THE ADVISORY AREA. UP TO TWO INCHES OF RAIN HAVE FALLEN THUS FAR. ANOTHER ROUND OF HEAVY RAINFALL CAN BE EXPECTED SOON WITH ADDITIONAL RAINFALL OF ONE TO THREE INCHES POSSIBLE. SOME LOCATIONS THAT WILL EXPERIENCE FLOODING INCLUDE... HOMESTEAD, THE REDLAND, FLORIDA CITY AND LEISURE CITY. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... TURN AROUND, DON'T DROWN WHEN ENCOUNTERING FLOODED ROADS. MOST FLOOD DEATHS OCCUR IN VEHICLES. EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF CANALS AND STREAMS, COUNTRY AND DIRT ROADS, FARMLAND, AND OTHER LOW LYING SPOTS.

Last edited by Huasho; 05-25-2020 at 03:45 AM..

Old 05-25-2020, 04:51 AM

Not a drop in my area.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:06 AM

I looked at the Entire Radar for Fl it looks like Pinellas and Pasco will get the rains later on today, all the way into the Gulf, so go in the backyard and do an indian dance, it may help.

I have to be in Florida City at 9:30 AM, so as per the Flood Advisory I posted before, I am driving right into the "In Bocca al Lupo".

I hope it's no as bad as predicted.

Later Gator !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida