Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 07:17 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,701,592 times

Advertisements

I see, from your post on another thread in Florida, it really sounded like you were a deep sea comm'l fisherman even now in this day and age.

Later baiter ~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 08:03 AM

30,450 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
I see, from your post on another thread in Florida, it really sounded like you were a deep sea comm'l fisherman even now in this day and age.

Later baiter ~~
Sometimes i make a trip here or there blare on someone's boat like a silly bloke. But i am not doing it like i was for over 30 years dear. Too many fish limits and closed seasons now and many of the fish are just gone since they have been fished so hard. Only took about 25 years to wipe em out from the mid 60's.

Used to fish a place and get 5000lbs and now not much of nothing.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Sometimes i make a trip here or there blare on someone's boat like a silly bloke. But i am not doing it like i was for over 30 years dear. Too many fish limits and closed seasons now and many of the fish are just gone since they have been fished so hard. Only took about 25 years to wipe em out from the mid 60's.

Used to fish a place and get 5000lbs and now not much of nothing.
The years I lived in Pinellas I went on weekends (starting Friday nites on deep sea fishing xcursions with a co worker, out of St Pete or Johns Pass )...we would come back on Sunday AM....We would be Fishing 90 mls out in an Area known as the Elbow, and there were fishing boats from all over the World around Us and some where Huge Factories from Eastern European Countries, Even Asian as in Korea, I understand those are the ones that outfished The Gulf.

International Waters, nothing can be done to prevent that.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The years I lived in Pinellas I went on weekends (starting Friday nites on deep sea fishing xcursions with a co worker, out of St Pete or Johns Pass )...we would come back on Sunday AM....We would be Fishing 90 mls out in an Area known as the Elbow, and there were fishing boats from all over the World around Us and some where Huge Factories from Eastern European Countries, Even Asian as in Korea, I understand those are the ones that outfished The Gulf.

International Waters, nothing can be done to prevent that.
The elbow is 74 miles west of john's pass lass. You must have fished on the FL fisherman. I did also and sold my fish when we got back to the dock. They were 32 hour trips on the weekends and mid week trips.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The elbow is 74 miles west of john's pass lass. You must have fished on the FL fisherman. I did also and sold my fish when we got back to the dock. They were 32 hour trips on the weekends and mid week trips.
That is exactly correct, I was just off on the mls count. but maybe we did go that far anyways...Good size Groupers and Red Snappers were caught out there. The Guy I went with was an amazing fisherman, without using the power reeling every time I went out with him, he always brought the most fish in on the trip...Old Man Raymond was unreal. He taught me a lot of tricks.

Last edited by Huasho; 07-11-2020 at 10:12 AM..

Old 07-11-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
That is exactly correct, I was just off on the mls count. but maybe we did go that far anyways...Good size Groupers and Red Snappers were caught out there. The Guy I went with was an amazing fisherman, without using the power reeling every time I went out with him, he always brought the most fish in on the trip...Old Man Raymond was unreal. He taught me a lot of tricks.
You must mean Ray with a beard. He would drink beer the whole trip. He got into rod building. This was back around 1983 to 86 when i fished with Ray.

Old 07-12-2020, 04:56 AM

Raymond was a retired Air Force Man, close to 65 yrs old in the late 70's, he worked at the Bank I worked at that time (In St Pete)...I do not know whether this would be the same person, I never saw him with a beard and I left the job in St Pete and went to work in Tampa probably in 1980, that's when I lost touch with all the friends I had at the Bank in Pinellas. I stoped goinn fishing on the Florida Fisherman, as I had 2 or 3 friends with Boats and we went fishing a lot but locally from the Belleair Causeway Marina (Non Existant in this day and age)

Old 07-12-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Raymond was a retired Air Force Man, close to 65 yrs old in the late 70's, he worked at the Bank I worked at that time (In St Pete)...I do not know whether this would be the same person, I never saw him with a beard and I left the job in St Pete and went to work in Tampa probably in 1980, that's when I lost touch with all the friends I had at the Bank in Pinellas. I stoped goinn fishing on the Florida Fisherman, as I had 2 or 3 friends with Boats and we went fishing a lot but locally from the Belleair Causeway Marina (Non Existant in this day and age)
That is another Ray. The Ray i was talking about worked in Sarasota at a glass factory and Yoder would always come with him. Trips back then were only around $60 and they are now $350.

Old 07-12-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
That is another Ray. The Ray i was talking about worked in Sarasota at a glass factory and Yoder would always come with him. Trips back then were only around $60 and they are now $350.
Darn, you really gotta catch a LOT, to sell it at the Pier and get some of the steep price back in your pocket.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Darn, you really gotta catch a LOT, to sell it at the Pier and get some of the steep price back in your pocket.
They out lawed selling all reef fish on party boats around 1990. I still found places to sell them.

Still no rain since June 13th. May see a pattern change back to a east flow bro later this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida