Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 07:12 PM

15 posts, read 18,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
I've wondered, where is the Miami metro area going to continue to expand into? It apparently can't expand any further westward, so do they have to just keep building new homes north of Jupiter, wich is nowhere near Miami? Or are they going to buy up and demolish all the low density southwest of the zoo near Homestead? It looks like South Florida is running out of options. It's a very unique situation here.
they are building more in western palm beach and martin and st. lucie counties, but there is pushback from people who want to preserve what is left of natural florida, and small town livestyle. as for Miami and other over populated areas, they will have to accept the reality that they reached the limit of new growth. It's time for a moratorium on all new growth in those areas. Flkorida does not need to grow anymore. 21 million and still growing, it's time to slow it way down. As for high rise living, not happening . we will fight that everyday forever. the environment will win, as we take back the power from the greedy developers and politicians. I hope you all will join us. Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 07:13 PM

15 posts, read 18,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Buy up old lots, build multi-storied units, which is what they have been doing. They need to get rid of all of those neighborhoods with small homes sitting on large lots. And ramp up the infrastructure to make the place more centralized.
They are building more in western palm beach and martin and st. lucie counties, but there is pushback from people who want to preserve what is left of natural florida, and small town livestyle.
As for Miami and other over populated areas, they will have to accept the reality that they reached the limit of new growth.
It's time for a moratorium on all new growth in those areas.
Florida does not need to grow anymore.
21 million and still growing, it's time to slow it way down.
As for high rise living, not happening.
We will fight that everyday forever. the environment will win, as we take back the power from the greedy developers and politicians.
I hope you all will join us.
Peace.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:18 AM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
The new toll road from Polk county to Collier is definitely needed. There needs to be an alternative to us 27.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:38 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
I couldn't read that wall of text but you cannot build on the Everglades. Not only is it National Park but it is pretty impossible to build on moving water. The middle of the state is orange groves and cattle.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:40 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Pacifist View Post
As for high rise living, not happening.
You obviously have not been to Miami or Miami Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale, WPB, etc.

Old 06-16-2020, 03:48 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
You obviously have not been to Miami or Miami Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale, WPB, etc.
they're building up as fast as they can all over Miami...I can't believe all the new buildings going up in East Little Havana

Old 06-16-2020, 05:50 PM

509 posts, read 517,186 times
only way to stop growth is to elect democrats. They'll mess up the economy so bad and raise taxes so much that nobody will want to move here.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:49 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Florida is listed as 21 million in pop. I assume that is permanent residents, correct me if I'm wrong. However Fla gets in normal times around 100 million visitors a year. Many of them stay up to 6 months. So the 21 million in pop isn't even near the amount of people that overwhelm this state each and every year. So definitely Florida needs to curb its growth of its the end for this state. Its just so apparent Florida seems to only have one interest. Which seems to be money and more money, generated by people coming to this state. I don't believe it matters if its Democrat or Republicans running the state. Florida loves to fund itself by either people visiting or the zillions moving here. The state needs to wake up and fast. It cannot sustain endless sprawling growth.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:00 PM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Florida is about 42 million acres...almost 1/3 of that is protected....Florida Forever will have another almost 1million acres by the end of this year...no state is acquiring and protecting land more than Florida

Old 06-16-2020, 07:05 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Pacifist View Post
i lived here my whole life, and would like to move to north Florida, but the toll road will open up 300 miles to urban sprawl, and what looks like swampland or boondocks, will be transformed into cookie cutter planned communities, and the state now has the ability to drain wetlands, without the federal agencies approval now.
Is there any area left in fla with no growth planned , small town, quiet and peaceful?
When i search land in Fla, i can't tell what the future growth plans are there, so maybe its time to try another state.
It does seem like there is no stopping all this growth, and it is very sad its allowed to happen. It seems imminent and you should probably keep your eyes open for an exit plan. I don't think No Florida will escape all this growth either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida