Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 12:39 PM

78 posts, read 89,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
What a moron. Look at the current graphs. Like NY, Illinois had a problem, legislated masks, shut down and has now reopened at Stage 4.. Massachusetts was the same way, as well as NJ. Illinois has curbed its problem. Illinois 2.6 % positivity rate, Florida 11.1% positivity rate. NO ONE is overstating this virus. Florida now is the epicenter of the virus.

Florida's problem is a lack of educated people who are unable to research. Obviously. you are clearly one of them. Stay stupid and naive and maybe this thing will just go away, like the guy you will likely vote for in November believes.
So people should shut themselves away from the world when less than .03% of people will die from something?

If you are 65+, this virus should scare you. If you aren’t? The likelihood of it killing is almost zero.

And reported sequela from this virus seems possible, but very limited.

These are indisputable facts.

Facts that say, go live your normal life while wearing a mask.

I do wear a mask for other people, and I require them in my businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 01:01 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartramBuck View Post
So people should shut themselves away from the world when less than .03% of people will die from something?

If you are 65+, this virus should scare you. If you aren’t? The likelihood of it killing is almost zero.

And reported sequela from this virus seems possible, but very limited.

These are indisputable facts.

Facts that say, go live your normal life while wearing a mask.

I do wear a mask for other people, and I require them in my businesses.
What are your sources?

And why would anyone live as if nothing has happened when our ICUs are full and healthy people in their 30s are dying?

We also don't know the long term health impacts of surviving covid?
Also, if you are under 65 but have contact with people over 65 shouldn't you also be careful to avoid infecting them?

Old 07-13-2020, 01:10 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Florida is a huge state.....it covers over 6 degrees latitude

...your experience in your little part of NE Florida...Jacksonville.....is hardly representative of the entire state
I bow to thee and thy vast knowledge of every square inch of Florida. I didn't know you've lived north, south, east and west, bravo!

Old 07-13-2020, 01:35 PM

25 posts, read 12,214 times
"A city with over 80 universities including Harvard, MIT. And Tufts."

Wow,Harvard,MIT,not impressed. Full of Pompas ass cry babies whom can't get hired ,. While these so called school scholars protest,burn flags,applaud abortion ,and get sex changes. REAL STUDENTS ,from foreign lands ,walk through their picket lines ,and get the education the institutions were built for. PAYING FULL Tuition.Unfortunately,too many spoiled little rich kids in AMERICA think just attending the usless structures should insure them a degree. Meanwhile ,there's the REAL WORLD.A scary place ,far too many can't handle.Graduation is a VERY SCARY TIME,for the sheltered.Thankfully ,they ALWAYS have mommies basement,and virtual videos. Florida has REAL Universities .Go back to Harvard,take your neighbors back with ya. ByeY'ALL

Old 07-13-2020, 02:05 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I bow to thee and thy vast knowledge of every square inch of Florida. I didn't know you've lived north, south, east and west, bravo!
You are the one saying "it's the Floridians"...like it's all of Florida

Quote:
Gotta love when someone quotes their own statement to try and prove a point.

No, it's the Floridians and their slack-jawed, hillbilly stupidity I was referring to, to be clear. Southern drawl and all. I'm floored at the people proposing these ludicrous conspiracy theories in my area (NE Florida). I often wonder how these people are able to hold down jobs, care for children and take care of a home. Then I remember they're probably working digging ditches, have equally uneducated children and probably rent some dilapidated apartment for $300/mo.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:11 PM

1,131 posts, read 387,273 times
we need about 4-5 million Floridians to take off and leave ---this place has gotten way too congested over the last decade for my liking....please leave, and take an ex-NYer under each arm on your way out of the state.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:12 PM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Hahaha thanks. Did you stay in florida?
We are still here. We live in a bit more educated area (St Johns County) but are by no means insulated from said slackjaws. There are all around us.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:14 PM

78 posts, read 89,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
What are your sources?

And why would anyone live as if nothing has happened when our ICUs are full and healthy people in their 30s are dying?

We also don't know the long term health impacts of surviving covid?
Also, if you are under 65 but have contact with people over 65 shouldn't you also be careful to avoid infecting them?
The CDC says 92% of deaths are 65+.

And there are absolutely sequela from CV, and you can find the outliers, but generally speaking if you are under 65, this will not cause you problems.

65+? Morbidly obese? Diabetes? Immuno compromised? Then quarantine yourself.

But do NOT shut the world down so we can lay waste to the economy and cause irreparable harm to our children by not sending them to school.

History will not be kind when we look back on how we shut everything down for this virus.

Assist the old and immuno compromised and wear masks.

There is always “something “ that can kill you and if you don’t fall into those above categories, generally speaking you have very little to fear.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:10 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Gotta love when someone quotes their own statement to try and prove a point.

No, it's the Floridians and their slack-jawed, hillbilly stupidity I was referring to, to be clear. Southern drawl and all. I'm floored at the people proposing these ludicrous conspiracy theories in my area (NE Florida). I often wonder how these people are able to hold down jobs, care for children and take care of a home. Then I remember they're probably working digging ditches, have equally uneducated children and probably rent some dilapidated apartment for $300/mo.

Guess if you're in that boat, that's all you WOULD see..

Old 07-13-2020, 04:00 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It's much too dangerous for you to stay here. You'd like it much better in:

New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Mass
Vermont
Maryland
Illinois
Michigan
Delaware
Rhode Island
Washington DC
New Hampshire
Minnesota
Pennsylvania
Virginia

These states/districs/commonwealths are all more intellectually inclined liberal places...places that wished they had DeSantis's C-19 superior deaths-per-capita results.

I'd rather be a surviving person of average intelligence than a dead intellectual, but you are certainly entitled to think otherwise.
Easy up on the victory lap Corky. Wait until the latest round of 9000+ days of new cases has reached the two to four week incubation period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida