Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2022, 05:20 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,229,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I wasn’t accusing you, if that’s what you thought. I was referring to several other posts by others that headed in that direction.
Now we are on the right track, that is what counts. Thank you so much for clarifying things for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2022, 05:51 AM

Sunday - August 28, 2022

Are Florida’s public universities prepared for monkeypox? | Coronavirus | swoknews.com

https://www.swoknews.com/coronavirus...1987df5d2.html

Old 08-28-2022, 08:24 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Maybe, but it's an STD.
An STD..? So, does this imply the original cases in Africa are between monkeys and people being intimate..?

Old 08-28-2022, 08:29 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasDeSoleil View Post
Then why is it found almost exclusively in HOMOsexual MEN, just like HIV was, but lied about initially. Nastypox.
This segment of population is being targeted to get a vaccine, hetero women are not being targeted, right or wrong? uh huh
It is effecting the gay population mainly because the disease came here from Nigeria in the month of May, directly before Gay Pride which is celebrated the entire month of June. Many of the people coming here from Africa look forward to celebrating here because homosexuality is illegal in Africa.

Old 08-28-2022, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
It is effecting the gay population mainly because the disease came here from Nigeria in the month of May, directly before Gay Pride which is celebrated the entire month of June. Many of the people coming here from Africa look forward to celebrating here because homosexuality is illegal in Africa.
Why are you mentioning Sexual Orientation? We just had some DRAMA over this. Please do not STIR things up again. This is NOT the thread to discuss SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Hmmm, maybe start your OWN thread to do so. We finally made our peace. Thank you!!!

Old 08-28-2022, 09:17 PM

18 hours ago (Sunday - August 28, 2022

Are Florida’s public universities prepared for monkeypox? | Nation | fltimes.com

https://www.fltimes.com/news/nation/...d9ad4e339.html

Old 08-29-2022, 10:27 AM

54 posts, read 43,074 times
Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Over my weekend, I did not get a chance to speak with my own physician again, of course due to the weekend.

I did get a chance to speak with my uncle (MD/PHd/epid) up in Ga, and my sibling who is a surgeon in Naples. Both conversations were very informative. I'll speak with my own local physician early this week. You're correct, I should trust and believe what actual physicians, researchers, biologists and epidemiologists know and what they see and come to learn. Chat sites such as this are most times filled with erroneous opinion or regurgitated half-truths or plainly misleading information.

Yes, it's been an eye-opener, that's all I can say.

Old 08-29-2022, 12:07 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:

Over my weekend, I did not get a chance to speak with my own physician again, of course due to the weekend.

I did get a chance to speak with my uncle (MD/PHd/epid) up in Ga, and my sibling who is a surgeon in Naples. Both conversations were very informative. I'll speak with my own local physician early this week. You're correct, I should trust and believe what actual physicians, researchers, biologists and epidemiologists know and what they see and come to learn. Chat sites such as this are most times filled with erroneous opinion or regurgitated half-truths or plainly misleading information.

^^^ Roger that

Old 08-29-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:

My weekend was great, thanks Hope yours was too. Glad you are looking into all this!!!! My Motto is "Knowledge Is Power". The more we know and learn, the better our quality of life will be. Angela

Old 08-30-2022, 07:14 AM

54 posts, read 43,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
My weekend was great, thanks Hope yours was too. Glad you are looking into all this!!!! My Motto is "Knowledge Is Power". The more we know and learn, the better our quality of life will be. Angela
Yes yes...Good Morning - summer is almost gonzo!

Had a chance to speak with my own physician this morning about monkeypox and its evolution and transmission, etc etc.

Along with my own physician and my uncle and sibling , they all had similar medical assessments. All also asserted the guidance and public proclamations are fraught with politicalizations and political correctness that was floated not only with HIV, but Covid-19. They had no praise for the CDC, NIH, JAMA - zip...which was a bit of a surprise. It has no useful purpose here to go beyond that. I certainly was satisfied and grateful for their time and expertise.

Have a good Monday ! (more early rain !!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida