Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2022, 02:28 PM

17,652 posts, read 15,827,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I despise the whole experience. I don't plan on getting on a plane ever again. I wish there were more trains - would love to take a train places.
Agreed. My kids ask me to book train tickets when we travel instead of flying whenever possible. I just wish Amtrak was a bit faster outside of the NE Corridor. From DC up, it's GREAT. But from DC down to FL, it can be painfully slow. Need to give yourself LOTS of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 02:33 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,252,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Agreed. My kids ask me to book train tickets when we travel instead of flying whenever possible. I just wish Amtrak was a bit faster outside of the NE Corridor. From DC up, it's GREAT. But from DC down to FL, it can be painfully slow. Need to give yourself LOTS of time.
How do you deal with the "nasty restroom" which I seem to remember was for both male and female?

Took Amtrak one time, and never again.

But the scenery was awesome!!!

Old 08-17-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
How do you deal with the "nasty restroom" which I seem to remember was for both male and female?

Took Amtrak one time, and never again.

But the scenery was awesome!!!
Ha! When travelling with the kids long distance, I get a room.
I agree that those public restrooms are absolutely disgusting, and I wouldn't want my kids using them.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Ha! When travelling with the kids long distance, I get a room.
I agree that those public restrooms are absolutely disgusting, and I wouldn't want my kids using them.
Lol, I use mine before I leave for errands and no coffee while I am out. I miss those days of Women and Men bathrooms being separate. Not that all women are any cleaner than some men. Hmmm, I will look into that - thank you!

Old 08-18-2022, 05:47 PM

9,205 posts, read 6,411,627 times
The Northeast Corridor, BOS-NYC-PHL-WAS, is best travelled by Amtrak over flying. This has been true for so many years since Amtrak goes from the heart of the city to the heart of the city. The airports are so inconvenient.

And this was true even before the pandemic and true before 9-11.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
The Northeast Corridor, BOS-NYC-PHL-WAS, is best travelled by Amtrak over flying. This has been true for so many years since Amtrak goes from the heart of the city to the heart of the city. The airports are so inconvenient.

And this was true even before the pandemic and true before 9-11.
Yes. And the rest of the country needs to take note.
Having no direct train route from Miami to Atlanta is an embarrassment.

Old 08-19-2022, 08:21 PM

4,973 posts, read 2,272,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaRetired View Post
The Airlines are going to learn soon that folks have "other options" so better start CARING about their passengers!!! So sorry this happened.
Thanks! It was a lesson learned moment. In the grand scheme of life, it was a minor, but unforgettable experience. And it makes for a great story over a couple of beers.

Old 08-20-2022, 12:45 PM

9,205 posts, read 6,411,627 times
Quote:
Yes. And the rest of the country needs to take note.
Having no direct train route from Miami to Atlanta is an embarrassment.

Other than connecting for flights at ATL, are there really that many people who are going from south Florida to Atlanta?

Old 08-21-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Other than connecting for flights at ATL, are there really that many people who are going from south Florida to Atlanta?
I think there is quite a bit of business that goes back and forth along that corridor.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:11 AM

Any opinions?

Me, hmmm, I wonder how long before they either pull out of Florida or go bankrupt. And staffing, will they be canceling like the big dogs are.

2 hours ago (Thursday - September 8, 2022)

Avelo Airlines is growing and has its sights set on the Sunshine State.

The Houston-headquartered ultra-low-cost carrier on Thursday announced that its fourth crew base will be at the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), near Fort Myers, and will open this fall.

“The opening of Avelo’s fourth base in Fort Myers this fall will enable us to serve more destinations, add more flights, operate more airplanes, fly more Customers and employ more Crewmembers,” Avelo CEO Andrew Levy said in a statement. “Based on the success of our initial route between Southern Connecticut and Fort Myers, we have announced four additional destinations that will take flight from RSW this fall – creating a meaningful source of new visitors to Southwest Florida.

***there is more text for article***

Startup Avelo announces its 4th crew base, and its 2nd in Florida

https://thepointsguy.com/news/avelo-...ers-crew-base/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida