Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM

80 posts, read 348,876 times

Advertisements

Is anyone on the boards familiar with Sugarmill Woods in Citrus County?
We looked at some homes recently and saw some that we liked but were scared off by the vacancy rate. Is it like this all over Florida or is this community particularly vacant?

Is there anything we should know? We are looking for an active community and do not want to live in a ghost town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,515 times
I live in Marion County, but am in Citrus County much of the time. Sugarmill Woods has a very strict HOA.Lots of deed restrictions. I hear that it is one of those communities where HOA officers will drive around deliberately looking for minor violations. You would be near Homosassa/ Homosassa Springs and Crystal River for shopping. I think it is a bit of a drive, but not that far.Homosassa has a Walmart. Crystal River has a Kmart and both have grocery stores like Sweetbay and Publix. There is a big flea market past Homosassa off of highway nineteen. Crystal River has a small hospital and a small indoor mall.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:45 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresjolie3 View Post
Is anyone on the boards familiar with Sugarmill Woods in Citrus County?
We looked at some homes recently and saw some that we liked but were scared off by the vacancy rate. Is it like this all over Florida or is this community particularly vacant?

Is there anything we should know? We are looking for an active community and do not want to live in a ghost town.
Sugar Mill has been around for a while but has not completely filled out.
Unlike other communities they also left it very treed, this will give you a little more feeling of isolation as compared to a community they come in and clear cut.
If you are looking for a nice community with alot going on you can head about 10 miles south to Glen Lakes. It is a golf course community in Hernando County.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:10 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,097,975 times
[quote=Floridamom1970;3902542]I live in Marion County, but am in Citrus County much of the time. Sugarmill Woods has a very strict HOA.Lots of deed restrictions. I hear that it is one of those communities where HOA officers will drive around deliberately looking for minor violations. QUOTE]

Your right they do drive around looking for anything. If your grass is too tall, not green enough or you have too many cars, you get a notice/fine for it. Mostly retired people live there and for those who are trying to move out are having a hard time finding anyone to buy in there.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 AM

80 posts, read 348,876 times
Very interesting.

Are there any other communities (age restricted or otherwise) in Homosassa or nearby?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:09 AM

Seville is just south of there but it is not very populated yet.
Once again this is in Hernando County but only a few minutes away.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 AM

147 posts, read 568,556 times
glen lakes is beautiful with a very nice golf course.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaglerwrangler View Post
glen lakes is beautiful with a very nice golf course.
And they would have the added benefit of being right near me.
It could add to the property value.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:32 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Oh boy, that's the biggest benefit of all! You crack me up!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:52 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,586,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post

Run people run............ok I"m only joking, the area up that way is very nice we enjoy taking rides to check on the new Publix thats going in and see if there are any other interesting things happening up there, glad that that shopping center on 98 is all done, great for those who live up that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida