Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2024, 08:06 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
You shouldn't need to have sources cited for things that are common knowledge.

Such as - I don't need to cite a source to prove that a sentence is a grammatical structure. I don't need to cite a source to prove that the color green is the product of mixing blue and yellow.

And I don't need to cite a source to prove that the Southeast Conference was segregated until the mid-late 1960's.

But hey - just to help you out, since it's clear you had trouble helping yourself, I did the work for ya:

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...ih=833&dpr=0.9

if you're one of those people who worry google will track your eye-movements and send your location information to the CIA or the Illuminati, you can check the same at duckduckgo:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=southeast+...=c&t=hn&ia=web

You're welcome.
LOL, you feel better now?

BTW, this post, to which you unnecessarily responded so rudely, was not directed at you. I thought more of you than this, but guess I was wrong. Oh well.

So, ummm, thank you, I guess... for your snarky little discourse on internet searches, but I'm quite familiar with search engines and how to find what I am looking for. It's part of my paid gig as a professional writer.

Substituting personal attacks or bashing individuals asking for references, telling them to look up the information themselves, just indicates the "author" is clueless.

I'm done here. It's clear there will be no rational discussion, no respecting differing points of view ( very much like the DEI movement, methinks) of the thread topic. The "contribution" of the DEI proponents on the thread has deteriorated to personal attacks, belittling and bashing those who don't march in lockstep with their opinions, and while I wish I could say I was surprised, I'm not and I'm not wasting any more time with the nonsense.

Last edited by Travelassie; 03-04-2024 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 06:43 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
So you and your ilk are against diversity, you're against equality, and you're against inclusion. Because that's what DEI stands for: Diversity, equality, inclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I had no idea what DIE stands for until I read Ghaati's post.
well keep reading cause she's wrong....LOL

(the correct one is actually in the title of this thread if you read the title)

Old 03-05-2024, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
This is just simply great news.
No society can be considered healthy when it's spending the slightest bit of money or energy trying to "get" one particular race and engage in racial payback.
Exactly. And that's what DEI is all about.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
well keep reading cause she's wrong....LOL

(the correct one is actually in the title of this thread if you read the title)
Yep, the post you mentioned looks like a whole lot of projection to me. Based on revisionist history and a bunch of baseless assumptions/accusations against others of whom they know nothing.

Old 03-05-2024, 07:09 AM

490 posts, read 516,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
LOL, you feel better now?

BTW, this post, to which you unnecessarily responded so rudely, was not directed at you. I thought more of you than this, but guess I was wrong. Oh well.

So, ummm, thank you, I guess... for your snarky little discourse on internet searches, but I'm quite familiar with search engines and how to find what I am looking for. It's part of my paid gig as a professional writer.

Substituting personal attacks or bashing individuals asking for references, telling them to look up the information themselves, just indicates the "author" is clueless.

I'm done here. It's clear there will be no rational discussion, no respecting differing points of view ( very much like the DEI movement, methinks) of the thread topic. The "contribution" of the DEI proponents on the thread has deteriorated to personal attacks, belittling and bashing those who don't march in lockstep with their opinions, and while I wish I could say I was surprised, I'm not and I'm not wasting any more time with the nonsense.
It’s difficult to have an honest conversation with someone who wants you to site historical facts that should be common knowledge. You are just playing games.

Old 03-05-2024, 07:23 AM

194 posts, read 152,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I'm not against those things. (And by the way, the E stands for equity, not equality.) But when people talk about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, it's like when North Korea calls itself the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. The words they use have different meanings than the actual dictionary definitions of the words. When they talk about diversity, they mean fewer white people. When they talk about equity, they mean giving a leg up to non-white (and usually non-Asian) people. And when they talk about inclusion, they mean excluding white people. Whether or not those were the originally intended results, the fact is that this is what happens when DEI programs are implemented. Which is why they are starting to be dismantled; because they are discriminatory and racist.
Well put! These were exactly my thoughts too. Time for this country to be great again !

Old 03-05-2024, 08:40 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
So are white women the ones engaging in "racial payback?"

White women benefit most from affirmative action. So why do they oppose it?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...n/70371219007/

Affirmative Action Has Helped White Women More Than Anyone

https://time.com/4884132/affirmative...s-white-women/

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

https://www.vox.com/2016/5/25/116829...rmative-action

Affirmative Action Benefits White Women Most

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/affi...n-who-benefits

Specifically, it has been white women who have benefitted the most. As long as you frame it as a racial issue, you will have animus towards it. It’s been an incredibly effective means to stimulate racial animus. For years, I’ve been doing anti-racism training, and it’s inevitable that someone’s going to say, ‘well, I’m all for rights, but not for special rights’ and you know that they’re referring to affirmative action.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...ction-00102397

Who are the real beneficiaries of affirmative action?

https://www.pulitzer.org/article/who...rmative-action
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSheepleWillHaveTheirSa View Post
This is just simply great news.
No society can be considered healthy when it's spending the slightest bit of money or energy trying to "get" one particular race and engage in racial payback.

Last edited by silverct9a; 03-05-2024 at 09:00 AM..

Old 03-05-2024, 08:42 AM

no, the only history I have is disagreeing with something when it's total BS.....race has nothing to do with it

no, you took something I said completely out of context.....tried to twist it into something else.....and now try to claim you asked me a direct question about something I never said....I did answer you....I agreed with the post I replied to...."yes they do"

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
The problem is that these public institutions have a history of race based admissions whose legacies still benefit from their segregated enrollments of the past. That seems to be ok with you.
...and I agreed

Quote:
yes they do...

affirmative action........lowering the standards for blacks

Old 03-05-2024, 09:02 AM

"Last week, Florida’s Board of Governors voted to ban state spending on DEI programs across all public universities in the state, defining DEI as “any program, campus activity, or policy that classifies individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation and promotes differential or preferential treatment of individuals on the basis of such classification.”"

covers all the bases > race, color, sex, national origin, gender identity, or sexual orientation

first sentence...first post
Quote:
it was more a get even position anyway.....how do you eliminate something by creating something that fosters and promotes exactly what you claim to be getting rid of

Old 03-05-2024, 09:18 AM

626 posts, read 400,285 times
Are you incapable of answering a direct question?

I'm fully aware that most women evade accountability, but you literally throw rocks and hide your hands sheesh...this is your thread and you're being asked a fairly simple question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida