Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:24 PM

44 posts, read 154,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Rumor has it they are building a Super Target in North Port near Price and Toledo Blade. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Chimp
The Super Target is going up on Sumter and Price, the Lowe's is going to be on 41 across from either Harbor Cove or Harbor Isles. Yes a Bass Pro would be great, keep my hubby happy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 PM

19 posts, read 53,683 times
I know it's kinda far away but - Lowe's going in at Fruitville and Cattleman (next to Bob Evan's I believe) and a Bass Pro Shop in Lakewood ranch (behind Target)

Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
mcp

4 posts, read 17,235 times
Talking price

hi just was down there they got alot done both sides of price will be stores ,the whey they are building it will be done soon

Old 05-02-2007, 12:42 PM

93 posts, read 370,324 times
There is also a huge mall going in at Sumter and Price approx 300,000SF of retail space with national retailers and a few high line restaurants. That is being built by Sempter, the same group that built Heron Creek. Site work for the mall started a few months ago and Sumter is already being cleared for widening.

This will be GREAT for North Port, commercial tax base, construction and housing....................soon to be rising home prices ???????

Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 AM

193 posts, read 489,845 times
On the south east corner of Price and Sumter Blvd is the location of a new mega mall. over 250,000 SF of space with national retailers, high end retaurants etc etc. There was a pdf file floating around somewhere with all the pariculars. It is scheduled to open in May, 2008. North Port is starting to take off.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:45 AM
mcp

4 posts, read 17,235 times
Default price and tolado blade

hi any one have any news on how long they are on building the stores when i was down in april they where grading did the walls start going up yet any info would be good any one live around there

Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM

5 posts, read 13,197 times
Default Price and Sumter Blvd

The Target project at Price and Sumter Blvd will be a standard Target store. Target had considered the site for a Super Target at one time but the demographic for the area didn't support a Super Target. A Super Target is now under consideration for the new Loop project in Punta Gorda however. Also to clear up a little confusion. The shopping center being built a Sumpter isn't not going to be a mall nor will it be all that mega. The last site plan showed 300,000 sq. ft. of retail space including the Target. A standard Target is 125,000 feet. The rest of the mall will not be much bigger than any other standard strip mall. By comparison project at University and I75 in Sarasota is over 1.5 million sq. feet.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 AM

251 posts, read 1,066,245 times
Loop Project in Punta Gorda?

Not to hijack my own thread (is that even possible), but can you provide more details on this? Where in PG will it be located? Any web links?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 PM

5 posts, read 13,197 times
The Loop - Punta Gorda (http://www.attheloop.com/shopping-centers/loop-punta-gorda.php - broken link)
This is the main project page, but it doesn't really give any good information. Their have been some local articles in the papers but I can't seem to find an more current than:

Big project pitched for Punta Gorda

I believe the project was to break ground around October but I can't find any hard facts to back that up. I know their was an article not too long ago about water lines being approved to the site.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
The Loop project is being built right off of Jones Loop & 41 and off the Punta Gorda exit on 75.

Super WalMart has already started. But that is the only thing, & probably the most unneeded thing, that is being built in that area. No movement anywhere else or business signs stating start of construction, etc.

Right now, we don't hear anything about the Loop Project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida