Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:53 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,524,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
63 as a HIGH?

You've got to be kidding me. Some people consider that NICE weather? No thanks. I know the summer can get downright hot, but where I live the average annual temperature is 75 degrees.

That's what I keep my air conditioning at because it's a very comfortable temperature (which, btw, I only use 8 months a year, here in the "swamp").
68 is actually the perfect weather temperature for homo sapiens.

from another thread ...

"The best climates for humans comfort wise are in coastal California- Oregon and Washington west of the Cascades
also Vancouver BC

Western Europe- Spain especially the coasts and Portugal, Coastal France- esp the 'Riviera'
Italy- especially San Remo, Rome, Napes, Sicily; also The Croatian Coast, Greece- Lebanon, Most of coastal Israel, western coastal Turkey. Also Northwestern Africa, Tunisia

Western England and Ireland-but also most of the British Isles, and The Paris Basin also Normandy and Brittany

South Africa near Capetown. Australia; Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne also most of New Zealand
Chile- around Santiago-- and Vina Del Mar also Conception

All these climates are as close to 70 degrees (on average) year round as possible- which is considered the best temperature for human efficiency and comfort."

without pesticides, draining of said swamps and AC Florida is virtually uninhabitable, at best, hostile, for modern human civilization. Especially inland Florida, e.g. virtually all of Central FL from St. Johns to the everglades used to be one gigantic county called Mosquito County. Much of the populated zones in the SE were also drained swamp land, now an environmental disaster.
The indians and spanish built their structures much differently as well to use any cool air from the earth as a form of ground cooling.
8 months of A/C in FL? there is no need for a/c whatsoever in coastal Cal. Many buildings do not have a/c

Last edited by grapico; 06-11-2009 at 01:08 PM..

Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM

18,124 posts, read 11,759,576 times
Alrighty! Enough! I believe this negative thread has run it's course. Time to close.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida