Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 07:50 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
In what year the Indian Claims Commission award the Seminole (of both Oklahoma and Florida, collectively) $12,347,500 for the land taken from them by the U.S. military.
1970 ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM

5,701 posts, read 24,161,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
1970 ....

Very good...

Old 02-25-2007, 10:43 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Very good...
I have pretty much stopped playing trivia games since the internet. It was fun when you could search your memory or previously gained knowledge for the answer, or answer some obscure question and amaze someone with your knowledge. If I asked what heavy weight champion called Fort Lauderdale home and was in the scaffolding business, I would know because he lived down the street from us and I cut his grass. But anyone can answer now with a quick google search. It is a good tool for learning but doesn't provide much satisfaction when you answer though. Now that I am thinking about old stuff, I also cut Herb Shriner's grass. I doubt anyone remembers him any more though. Strangely the car he was killed in an Avinti, he took my dad for a ride in not long before his death, he was real excited about the car.

Last edited by macguy; 02-25-2007 at 10:54 AM..

Old 02-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I have pretty much stopped playing trivia games since the internet. It was fun when you could search your memory or previously gained knowledge for the answer, or answer some obscure question and amaze someone with your knowledge. If I asked what heavy weight champion called Fort Lauderdale home and was in the scaffolding business, I would know because he lived down the street from us and I cut his grass. But anyone can answer now with a quick google search. It is a good tool for learning but doesn't provide much satisfaction when you answer though. Now that I am thinking about old stuff, I also cut Herb Shriner's grass. I doubt anyone remembers him any more though. Strangely the car he was killed in an Avinti, he took my dad for a ride in not long before his death, he was real excited about the car.

Good point and info. Since I posted this thread I have found a few sites that provide facts and history of the state and I have a desire to learn more about the state. At times the research can bring some refreshing info that otherwise we will have never experieced...

Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Where is the largest swimming pool in the nation built in Florida ?

Old 02-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Good point and info. Since I posted this thread I have found a few sites that provide facts and history of the state and I have a desire to learn more about the state. At times the research can bring some refreshing info that otherwise we will have never experieced...
You are right, in this kind of forum you brainstorm information regardless where it comes from and learn. Also if one has a good memory they now have it for future recall should the need arise. So I will ask the question though, who was the boxing champion I refereed to in my other post? I have visited where he is. It is in a small cemetery in a very bad part of town you would not go today. I wish he was in a place where fans could visit reflecting his importance.

There are a lot of famous people who have Florida connections. I dated Nancy Stafford (Matlock fame) when she lived in Wilton Manors. She used to come in my pool room of all places before she was Miss Florida. I am afraid I was more of a big brother figure though then a love interest and she was very religious and still is. Life is like the Six degrees of separation you always hear about. It is surprising the people you run into over the years.

Last edited by macguy; 02-25-2007 at 12:32 PM..

Old 02-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
You are right, in this kind of forum you brainstorm information regardless where it comes from and learn. Also if one has a good memory they now have it for future recall should the need arise. So I will ask the question though, who was the boxing champion I refereed to in my other post? I have visited where he is. It is in a small cemetery in a very bad part of town you would not go today. I wish he was in a place where fans could visit reflecting his importance.

There are a lot of famous people who have Florida connections. I dated Nancy Stafford (Matlock fame) when she lived in Wilton Manors. She used to come in my pool room of all places before she was Miss Florida. I am afraid I was more of a big brother figure though then a love interest and she was very religious and still is. Life is like the Six degrees of separation you always hear about. It is surprising the people you run into over the years.
Give us the answer, no takers so far.....

Old 02-28-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Give us the answer, no takers so far.....
Rocky Marciano

Old 02-28-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Rocky Marciano
Great question

Lets try this one: Yes, it does snow in Florida! But it is extremely rare! Especially in South Florida! In what year Miami got the white stuff (snow)?

Old 03-03-2007, 09:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Great question

Lets try this one: Yes, it does snow in Florida! But it is extremely rare! Especially in South Florida! In what year Miami got the white stuff (snow)?
Jan 19, 1977??????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida