Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 02:45 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,776,340 times

Advertisements

This thread is to stop the fighting and arguing. Please if you could, could you post why you are NOT happy in Florida? Where you would like to be? And when you are planning on moving away?

Old 10-04-2008, 03:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoMA4good View Post
This thread is to stop the fighting and arguing. Please if you could, could you post why you are NOT happy in Florida? Where you would like to be? And when you are planning on moving away?

I was not happy to MOVE to Florida, originally, because I was 14 and everyone I had developed relationships with lived in the town I grew up in.

Once I graduated, this reason ceased to matter--so there's no reason for me not to remain in the town we moved to, permanently. I don't go for the constant, restless, moving around some people like to do. I like to find a place and set down my roots--at least as far as what town I live in, not necessarily the same home or job.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:44 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,666,399 times
Default So how does that make up unhappy in Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I was not happy to MOVE to Florida, originally, because I was 14 and everyone I had developed relationships with lived in the town I grew up in.

Once I graduated, this reason ceased to matter--so there's no reason for me not to remain in the town we moved to, permanently. I don't go for the constant, restless, moving around some people like to do. I like to find a place and set down my roots--at least as far as what town I live in, not necessarily the same home or job.
There are other posters who moved here when they were even younger and still hate it.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:03 PM

I could live anywhere...but I like to pick a place and stick with it. I don't believe in traipsing all about the country. Had I moved to Arizona, or Alaska, or Hawaii, it wouldn't have mattered where we moved to...I wouldn't have wanted to LEAVE, but I also wouldn't be willing to move BACK after a few years have gone by.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:29 PM

72 posts, read 162,348 times
A thread after my own heart.

Not only do I hate Florida, but with great anticipation I look forward to the next hurricane, in hopes of total and absolute destruction and devastation of this entire area.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:30 PM

I wonder why God has let any of us live this long...

Old 10-04-2008, 04:35 PM

Default You sound like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrine View Post
A thread after my own heart.

Not only do I hate Florida, but with great anticipation I look forward to the next hurricane, in hopes of total and absolute destruction and devastation of this entire area.
Before my husband dragged me down here kicking and screaming (like your parents?), I said I wished the entire state would sink into the ocean.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:42 PM

11 posts, read 26,133 times
TANaples, I am so jealous that you get to move home in 6 days. I have to stay until December and don't know if I can make it. It seems like such a long time.

I've been to Florida many times for vacation and love summer weather. So I stupidly thought it would be so much fun to move here. I also moved down here by myself. Another stupid mistake. I've been so homesick since I moved. I flew home to New England this weekend to visit my family and have never been happier to be in Fall weather.

Like I said, I may have to continue paying my rent if I can't get out of my FL lease but it will still be worth it to be able to be home and be out of Florida. I love Florida to visit but its just not the place for me and I found out the hard way.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:50 PM

13 posts, read 34,212 times
Wow, it sounds like Florida is not the place to be. I am from Boise, and a big city back east sounds exciting. Where is the best place back east? Please post and tell why you love your town....

Old 10-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Default I wish I were moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBean View Post
TANaples, I am so jealous that you get to move home in 6 days. I have to stay until December and don't know if I can make it. It seems like such a long time.

I've been to Florida many times for vacation and love summer weather. So I stupidly thought it would be so much fun to move here. I also moved down here by myself. Another stupid mistake. I've been so homesick since I moved. I flew home to New England this weekend to visit my family and have never been happier to be in Fall weather.

Like I said, I may have to continue paying my rent if I can't get out of my FL lease but it will still be worth it to be able to be home and be out of Florida. I love Florida to visit but its just not the place for me and I found out the hard way.
I am only going up for a long weekend visit. As much as I want to go home, I know it will be very, very difficult for me to come back here. I am dreading that. I am also going home for a long Thanksgiving weekend. Plus, when my daughter gets married next summer. I need to get out of here for my sanity, but I don't know how I will be able to make it back.

She is now playing an ice hockey game. No comparison I would much rather be there at her game than stuck in this state thousands of miles away in the infernal heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida