Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 07:15 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times

Advertisements

I checked for my zip code and there are 94 sex offenders!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Wow, we have 24 in my area and they are all from Florida!!!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 PM

436 posts, read 1,089,262 times
^^^ Huh? What do you mean they are "all from FL?" I would like to know how you came to that conclusion.

I have 190 in my zipcode.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:23 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
I would think that the number of rapes per capita in a state would closely resemble the number of overall sex crimes per capita.

I was just trying to give the OP what I feel is a better overall perspective of the incidence of sex crimes in the state.

I guess thats where the different classifications you were talking about come into. Either way when I did a search by my zip it came up only one rapist and he was a transfer from NY.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopToIt View Post
^^^ Huh? What do you mean they are "all from FL?" I would like to know how you came to that conclusion.

I have 190 in my zipcode.

If you enter your zip code in. You see all those dots. Click on lets say the blue dot it takes you to the persons profile and tells you where the crime was actually commiited and what the charge was.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I checked for my zip code and there are 94 sex offenders!
I wonder how many square miles that covers though. Once I scrolled down past 5 miles I had stopped looking.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
If you enter your zip code in. You see all those dots. Click on lets say the blue dot it takes you to the persons profile and tells you where the crime was actually commiited and what the charge was.
Yes, I know when I click on the dot it says who the person is and what they did, but this person is saying "they are all from FL." I dont know where in the info it says where the person's place of birth is. From what I am gathering, since we are looking at a registry in the state of FL, of course the people listed are going to be residents of this state, but that sure as heck doesnt mean they were born in FL/natives of this state.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, I know when I click on the dot it says who the person is and what they did, but this person is saying "they are all from FL." I dont know where in the info it says where the person's place of birth is. From what I am gathering, since we are looking at a registry in the state of FL, of course the people listed are going to be residents of this state, but that sure as heck doesnt mean they were born in FL/natives of this state.

I agree it doesn't say where they were born. I read it a different way that the crimes were all committed in Florida except for my "neighbor" the rapist who committed the crime in NY and just registered here.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Yes, I have something similar. A male that lives pretty close to me actually. He's also from New York. Only reason why I know that is b/c he rents a big house out and he used to rent a house with his buddies in the same subdivision. But he moved one subdivision over. He had the NY Yankees stickers and NY license plate, and played that horrible reggaeton music. One time I was walking my dogs and he sped up like he was going to hit us on the side of the road. We exchanged words, but like I thought, he stayed in his car. Maybe if he would have had his "posse" with him, it would have been different. He then drove a little further down the road, and began peeling out in the middle of the road for no reason. A real prick. Needless to say, I have no patience for people like him.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, I have something similar. A male that lives pretty close to me actually. He's also from New York. Only reason why I know that is b/c he rents a big house out and he used to rent a house with his buddies in the same subdivision. But he moved one subdivision over. He had the NY Yankees stickers and NY license plate, and played that horrible reggaeton music. One time I was walking my dogs and he sped up like he was going to hit us on the side of the road. We exchanged words, but like I thought, he stayed in his car. Maybe if he would have had his "posse" with him, it would have been different. He then drove a little further down the road, and began peeling out in the middle of the road for no reason. A real prick. Needless to say, I have no patience for people like him.

I know they are all scum **** but who would you rather have as your neighbor a child molester or rapist. Personally I don't think that molesters can be rehabilitated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida