Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,860,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Free lunch?? Look around, people who wont work are getting a free lunch every day from the rest of us.

Around what parts? I pay 7.5 on everything and pay state income tax that Florida residents do not pay.

To answer your question yes, Cigarettes kill far more then booze and firearms. Google the deaths of the three. Google the health care cost to US TAXPAYERS for the three.

Cigarettes cost us all money, my insurance cost are up and anything to do with the health problems associated with smoking is.
Someone drinks we do not pay for it out of our pockets, someone buys a gun we do not pay for it out of our pockets, anyone buys a pack of cigarettes and my insurance cost go up.

One of my in laws is fighting lung cancer right now because of the stupid things. Lucky to get another breath in. Why do people do things like smoke knowing they are not going to be able to breathe on day?

I think there are other ways to tax things but overall you ask the question and to me smoking cost US ALL MONEY even if we do not smoke.

To put it the other way then you, why should I pay for your habit? Why is my insurance still climbing because of the huge amounts of health care cost to take care of people who do.
Do you realize how many people get FREE government health care ( freebies) to take care of them when they did not take care of themselves.

Why should I pay for someone who wont work and does not have healthcare costs because they smoke.

See my point, we are paying out millions in OUR TAX money to take care of millions of people who smoke and have ill health when they did it to themselves.

I believe smokers should pay for the health care of other smokers, not making me pay for someone who is just waiting for lung cancer to happen.

I see my MIL, smoked 50+ years and is not doing well, she smoked so much my kids would not even visit their house for a long time because it was filled with smoke all the time.
When granny ask om youngest "why are you not coming over to see me?"

My youngest replied to her "I do not want to stink like stale cigarettes and fill my lungs with smoke grandma."

You know what? She stopped smoking on that day because she realize she was hurting the health of her grandkids!!!

Now she quit she is fighting for her life and it is too late. Damage is done.

Sorry for the long post but when you expect the state to pay for the care of those who have poor habits and put this issue into the topic of Floridas billion dollar aid money, then it hit a note with me.

I thought we needed to stop spending today so our kids will not owe it later, looks to me we are getting screwed people by this big spender President and his band of misfits.

IF I WERE A GOVERNOR I WOULD REFUSE IT MYSELF. You cannot spend tomorrows money today people. He is spending money he does not have after telling us we cannot spend any more of tomorrows money.

Florida is doing the right thing, accepting money that is tomorrows money is just adding to the problem.

My post is not a direct hit to the poster at all, just my opinion. Smoking is bad for us all and the cost to taxpayers to take care of those without health insurance has gone to far. Time for the smokers to take care of themselves and each other. I do not want to pay for someone who knows they are doing something to hurt themselves and still do it.

We need 23 million new smokers to pay for Obamas schip. So if people quit its going to be you and I picking up the tab reguardless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,909,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So lets see help Fla right now and hurt it down the road. No I dont think so
Well, What good is worrying about later if you're dying now ?

Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 PM

162 posts, read 658,938 times
Quote:
So are you saying Florida should accept the funny money?

So of the rep party is being smart and not wanting to fall for this funny money of spending tomorrows money like this man is, then people wont elect them anymore. If so then people are too stupid and should not be voting because they are waiting for a handout.

Typical democratic idea that we can take all the money we can to help people but pay for it in 20 years.

It is NOT a rep or a dem thing Ryan, its a matter of spending money we do not have. This is what Obama is doing.

Just so you will know, I think quite the opposite here, I think this crap that is going on will end the dem control of congress and the next President.

They are going to spend us into destruction. That is what that party is all about... spend and giveaways.

If the people of Florida see this as a bad thing to turn this money down and vote against a party because they did not accept it ( and its consequences ) then I will have lost all faith in people having the brains to think and vote at the same time.

Welcome back to Earth... just to catch you up on the last 8 years...

We've spent $608 billion dollars on a war in which the American people were lied to. Many American soldiers have been killed. I'm not sure how you put a price on that, I don't think it's possible.

Our economy went from having a surplus under Clinton to trillions of dollars of debt under Bush.

The economy is on the brink of collapse as Mr. Bush left office. Currently it's trying to be revived by new spending which in turn will create jobs which will then in turn help the economy.

The Republican party has proved throughout the past 8 years in the presidency and 6 in Congress that they cannot be trusted to do the right thing. If you don't think so I have to wonder why they're not in power now.

Take a look at the following video. It's obvious everyone had their head in the sand over at Faux News, AKA the Republican Bible Station:

LiveLeak.com - PEOPLE LAUGHED IN 2007 ...

What parts of the Republican proposed plan did you think would work? (Re: The stimulus bill that was past a few weeks ago)

Maybe you like this bill today better?

YouTube - Pence Can't Tell O'Donnell What The Deficit Would Be Under GOP Plan

Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,909,696 times
Nice Post.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,681,443 times
Thumbs up Rep points to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiestaBay View Post

We've spent $608 billion dollars on a war in which the American people were lied to. Many American soldiers have been killed. I'm not sure how you put a price on that, I don't think it's possible.

Our economy went from having a surplus under Clinton to trillions of dollars of debt under Bush.

The economy is on the brink of collapse as Mr. Bush left office. Currently it's trying to be revived by new spending which in turn will create jobs which will then in turn help the economy.

The Republican party has proved throughout the past 8 years in the presidency and 6 in Congress that they cannot be trusted to do the right thing. If you don't think so I have to wonder why they're not in power now.

Take a look at the following video. It's obvious everyone had their head in the sand over at Faux News, AKA the Republican Bible Station:

What parts of the Republican proposed plan did you think would work? (Re: The stimulus bill that was past a few weeks ago)

Excellent post.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,330,593 times
Quote:

Just like a dem to always be blaming and looking backwards.

What does this have anything to do with Floridas money anyway?
That is the subject here, Florida money.

I was here for the 8 years and everyone was doing well until Dodd, Frank and the gang screwed the economy up. Now they have total control.

Tax and Spend, take from me and give to you, that is what this freak party is all about, steal from those who have it and give if free to those who do not.

Wait and see, you have been watching to much MSNBC and Oberdork way to much.

Can I remind you.............

Obama ran on the idea that we cannot spend tomorrows money today, but what is he doing spending 3-4 times what he said he would and bankrupting our kids.

Do you realize if this plan does not work and it has limited chances that we will be in a total depression all because of Obama taking a chance idea?

I do not like like the war either, but you need to lose that agreement and find something new to whine about.

How about this plan.... its called stop welfare and giveways to losers, non working bums and no more freebies to anyone. If you do not work you do not eat, if you do not work and feed your kids then go to jail.

Its called a job, seems many demwits kinda forgot that is what you are suppose to do to earn your living.

So, do you agree that we should spend another 9 trillion Obama bucks on a chance his idea might work? One hell of a chance I would say?

I do not see boy wonder offering to give his 232,000 bonus check he got from AIG yet either?

You all will pay for the next 4 years, mark my word. With him running the show and those two nitwits running congress we are going to hell real quick.

Where is all this money coming from?

Be scared, very scared!

NO FLORIDA SHOULD TELL HIM TO SHOVE THE MONEY, if you do not have it to spend then do not spend it Obama. Plan and simple.

*** By the way, the Clintons years had a surplus? Why? He destroyed our military amoung other things and had NEWT showing him how to get a surplus. And Bush inherited a recession from Clinton that hurt us from the get go.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Talking about heads in the sand.

The economy was rolling along perfectly even with all the disasters and the war until.

Yup... You got it, Nancy and friends took over congress and all things went to hell in a handbasket the day the took over.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,681,443 times
The man will be dead and buried and some people will STILL be blaming Clinton. W has been in office for 2 terms. It is HIS baby.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 PM

162 posts, read 658,938 times
Breathe, breathe!! Let's get some things straight here before we get into another little tizzy, shall we?

Quote:
Just like a dem to always be blaming and looking backwards.
I don't think this really deserves a reply... considering I'm only "looking back" to January, I think I can speak with a little more reason than you blaming Clinton who hasn't been in office for almost a decade.

Quote:
What does this have anything to do with Floridas money anyway?
That is the subject here, Florida money.
The last I checked, Florida was part of the United States and was not doing too well, Re: Jobs and foreclosures. By bringing in programs and spending to Florida we create jobs, help the economy and in turn get out of the recession. Example) The government spends money to improve roads. Bob gets a job out in the field working on repaving. Bob is now employed. The roads need asphalt which in turn helps the companies who provide it. Because there's a lot of asphalt in demand now the company has to hire more workers to deliver the asphalt, take appointments, complete invoices, etc. Now that Bob and those at the asphalt company are employed and making money again they're able to go out and spend money on new clothes, going out to dinner, etc. this in turn helps those businesses. In all it's a cycle. Start projects, hire workers, this in turn helps private firms which in turn helps more people get jobs which in turn helps stimulate the economy. Once these projects like paving run out, although these people will once again be unemployed, the number of those unemployed at one time will be no where near as high as it is today, thus allowing the worker to find a job much faster. This not only has to do with projects like road work but also applies to school programs, other infrastructure projects, etc.

Quote:
I was here for the 8 years and everyone was doing well until Dodd, Frank and the gang screwed the economy up. Now they have total control.
You do realize the economy doesn't get screwed up over night, right? And FYI, if you watched the video I provided the link to you'd realize even when things were screwed up, those in the Republican party and on Fox News refused to believe it.

Quote:
Tax and Spend, take from me and give to you, that is what this freak party is all about, steal from those who have it and give if free to those who do not.
I would gather you're probably not one of the ones that's going to be taken from. It always seems to be the mantra of fear that runs the Republican party. Do you honestly believe the mega-rich like Warren Buffet would support a candidate who was going to 'steal all his riches?' Granted he's left most everything to charity, but get real. At the end of the day the rich will remain rich. I sense bitterness coming from you. Are you aware that Bill Clinton did more for welfare reform than any modern president? The "freak party of tax, spend and steal" did more than the party of no, AKA the Republicans.

Quote:
Can I remind you.............

Obama ran on the idea that we cannot spend tomorrows money today, but what is he doing spending 3-4 times what he said he would and bankrupting our kids.
WASHINGTON: After a string of costly bailout and stimulus measures, President Barack Obama will set a goal this week of cutting the annual deficit by nearly two-thirds by the end of his term, administration officials said.
Continued: Obama plan would cut deficit by two-thirds in first term - International Herald Tribune

Quote:
Do you realize if this plan does not work and it has limited chances that we will be in a total depression all because of Obama taking a chance idea?
Do you realize if we do nothing we're not taking a chance at depression, we're guaranteeing it?

Quote:
I do not like like the war either, but you need to lose that agreement and find something new to whine about.
Sure, I'll stop talking about it just as soon as this budget counting clock stops moving: COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

Quote:
How about this plan.... its called stop welfare and giveways to losers, non working bums and no more freebies to anyone. If you do not work you do not eat, if you do not work and feed your kids then go to jail.
As I said, Clinton did more for welfare reform than any president. Welfare isn't the problem, the problem was greed and inflated prices on paper. If I would have asked you in 2005 if welfare was a major problem, I'll bet you wouldn't have had near as much to say about it. It seems to me you're trying to point fingers on the less fortunate as some kind of carrier of burden. Read you statement again,
If you do not work you do not eat, if you do not work and feed your kids then go to jail
I'd like to believe you're not serious. Not because of the whole going to jail part, but because it's obvious you're not aware of who foots the bill for those incarcerated.

Quote:
Its called a job, seems many demwits kinda forgot that is what you are suppose to do to earn your living.
Are you saying the "demwits" who lost their job because of the company they worked for collapsing due to corporate greed are at fault?

Quote:
So, do you agree that we should spend another 9 trillion Obama bucks on a chance his idea might work? One hell of a chance I would say?
I do. It's obvious you have no background on what makes the economy tick nor have you studied history. Once you've done one, or preferably both, then you can come back and tell me what you've learned.

Quote:
I do not see boy wonder offering to give his 232,000 bonus check he got from AIG yet either?
Explain yourself better. Whom are we referencing here?

Quote:
You all will pay for the next 4 years, mark my word. With him running the show and those two nitwits running congress we are going to hell real quick.
Unfortunately we're going to not only listen to you gripe for the next four, but rather eight years. Thankfully since that's my biggest problem here, I feel fortunate. You on the other hand might need some stress therapy to cope with the next eight years.

Quote:
Where is all this money coming from?
Funny you should mention this. CNBC has a nice slideshow on who holds most of our debt. I think you'll be surprised:
The Biggest Holders of US Government Debt - Slideshows - CNBC.com

Quote:
NO FLORIDA SHOULD TELL HIM TO SHOVE THE MONEY, if you do not have it to spend then do not spend it Obama. Plan and simple.
And plunge further into recession?

Quote:
*** By the way, the Clintons years had a surplus? Why? He destroyed our military amoung other things and had NEWT showing him how to get a surplus. And Bush inherited a recession from Clinton that hurt us from the get go.
Education, it's a powerful thing:
Biography of William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare rolls. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 PM

Listen to you, breathe! You have no idea about me, NOTHING gets me in a tiff. I can type all night long and even though I laugh because I knew you were a dem because of your ideas posted, I have fun with it. No worried, no tiffs, no problems.

I will survive even this administration and this congress but many wont.

You are already telling me you are locked into Keith Obermans lies, thinking Obama is going to be there for 8 years when he already in less then 2 months have made more mistakes then most Presidents have made in a year.

Ask Obama why he would not answer all the tough questions at his press conference, which by the way was a planned way to lie out of his ties to AIG and the Fox News man asked him a tough question and he lied and side stepped the real answer. You did notice that right?

YOU mentioned Clinton not I. Thank goodness Clinton has been gone, now we get stuck with a Clinton trainee who loves to spend money.

And no, the clown Obama will not be there for 8 years, with his spending and misfits in congress they will hand the reps back power soon.

They will continue like they have to destroy things ( meaning your dem congress has been in control for 2 years and look what they have already destroyed.

The Bush economy was doing great, yes GREAT until your dems took over.

Seems to me you are so stuck up Clintons butt that you would not see anything he did wrong.

Peace time my butt. He failed to see the warning signs causing 9/11 and therefore. Did you forget the USS Cole? Clintons watch, how about the bombing in NY?

Sorry but he was a failure of a President and dis respected the office. I place him second to another demwit named Carter as the worst Presidents in that century.

Look at the man now, he still is screwing Americans with accepting foreign donations from people who do not like us and accepted foreign donations to build his joke library.

He is a total sell out and a scam artist. Now we have to put up with yet another scam artist named Obama.

Obama actually scares me more then Clinton did.

We will pay for this mistake, wait and see.

Just so you will know, I am not a Bush fan at all, he did many things wrong like all the others, but I do give him credit for taking over a Clinton recession, having 9/11 happen, several costly disasters and still managed to have an awesome economy with all that on his plate.

I know dems well enough, if there was no war they would be looking at something else to whine about.

Maybe if Clinton had done his job when he had a chance we would even be in a war.

As far as Warren Buffet and other like him, sure he is in on the game also, people with his money will be protected, they have the loop holes and ways to protect their wealth. Obama is stealing from those other 85% who pay 90% of all taxes collected.

Obama is wanting to steal from those who do not have the wealth to hide and protect their wealth like Buffet and hand it over to people who wouldnt know what to do with a million if you give it to them.

Robinhood Obama is about to destroy your entire party in one swipe.

Last time I checked everyone I know personally that live in Florida are doing well, many doing extremely well. Not one is struggling.

So dont cry me a song about Florida, there are far worse states then Florida by a longshot.

I might just start another website and call it thecostofobama.com
or the demsdestructionofamerica.com or something like it. Maybe even obamadestroysamerica.com.

I know about Clintons education, it is his moral values and stupid lack of common sense that makes him such a moron.

I literally cannot stand the man myself.

Jail, yes, put failure parents in jail. MAKE them pay for their cost of jail by working on roads, bridges, highways etc. Make them WORK.

Failure parents are costing us more by being bad parents then any jail cost.

No criminal in jail should get a free ride like welfare folks get, we are rewarding losers then. Force both jailbirds and welfare bums to clean up our bad areas, paint buildings, clean restrooms, work on the roads etc.

NO MORE FREEBIES- EVERYONE WHO IS ABLE TO WORK NEEDS TO PAY INTO THE TAX BASE.

We cannot continue on this road of 10% of all Americans paying all the taxes while others do not pay much or anything into the base.

Can you imagine if we forced every healthy person to pay into the tax base? We would have a huge amount of extra money.

My money is on NEWT in 012. He did not run this time for a reason. He was waiting on Obama to destroy America and with this congress I believe he is going to be dead on right.

As far as Florida goes, 1 billion to hand people who do not want to work money is ridiculous. Heck, people want 15 bucks an hour to serve coffee anymore.

Has Obama started his re build America jobs program yet in Florida? Guess not.

Be scared, very scared Floridians. The tax and spend President is going to make things worse before it gets better. If you have any money and have been successful in your life making money, hide it, bury it or spend it now before Robinhood comes to take it from you and give it to unskilled bums who wont work.

Quote:
Breathe, breathe!! Let's get some things straight here before we get into another little tizzy, shall we?

I don't think this really deserves a reply... considering I'm only "looking back" to January, I think I can speak with a little more reason than you blaming Clinton who hasn't been in office for almost a decade.

The last I checked, Florida was part of the United States and was not doing too well, Re: Jobs and foreclosures. By bringing in programs and spending to Florida we create jobs, help the economy and in turn get out of the recession. Example) The government spends money to improve roads. Bob gets a job out in the field working on repaving. Bob is now employed. The roads need asphalt which in turn helps the companies who provide it. Because there's a lot of asphalt in demand now the company has to hire more workers to deliver the asphalt, take appointments, complete invoices, etc. Now that Bob and those at the asphalt company are employed and making money again they're able to go out and spend money on new clothes, going out to dinner, etc. this in turn helps those businesses. In all it's a cycle. Start projects, hire workers, this in turn helps private firms which in turn helps more people get jobs which in turn helps stimulate the economy. Once these projects like paving run out, although these people will once again be unemployed, the number of those unemployed at one time will be no where near as high as it is today, thus allowing the worker to find a job much faster. This not only has to do with projects like road work but also applies to school programs, other infrastructure projects, etc.

You do realize the economy doesn't get screwed up over night, right? And FYI, if you watched the video I provided the link to you'd realize even when things were screwed up, those in the Republican party and on Fox News refused to believe it.

I would gather you're probably not one of the ones that's going to be taken from. It always seems to be the mantra of fear that runs the Republican party. Do you honestly believe the mega-rich like Warren Buffet would support a candidate who was going to 'steal all his riches?' Granted he's left most everything to charity, but get real. At the end of the day the rich will remain rich. I sense bitterness coming from you. Are you aware that Bill Clinton did more for welfare reform than any modern president? The "freak party of tax, spend and steal" did more than the party of no, AKA the Republicans.

WASHINGTON: After a string of costly bailout and stimulus measures, President Barack Obama will set a goal this week of cutting the annual deficit by nearly two-thirds by the end of his term, administration officials said.
Continued: Obama plan would cut deficit by two-thirds in first term - International Herald Tribune

Do you realize if we do nothing we're not taking a chance at depression, we're guaranteeing it?

Sure, I'll stop talking about it just as soon as this budget counting clock stops moving: COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War

As I said, Clinton did more for welfare reform than any president. Welfare isn't the problem, the problem was greed and inflated prices on paper. If I would have asked you in 2005 if welfare was a major problem, I'll bet you wouldn't have had near as much to say about it. It seems to me you're trying to point fingers on the less fortunate as some kind of carrier of burden. Read you statement again,
If you do not work you do not eat, if you do not work and feed your kids then go to jail
I'd like to believe you're not serious. Not because of the whole going to jail part, but because it's obvious you're not aware of who foots the bill for those incarcerated.

Are you saying the "demwits" who lost their job because of the company they worked for collapsing due to corporate greed are at fault?

I do. It's obvious you have no background on what makes the economy tick nor have you studied history. Once you've done one, or preferably both, then you can come back and tell me what you've learned.

Explain yourself better. Whom are we referencing here?

Unfortunately we're going to not only listen to you gripe for the next four, but rather eight years. Thankfully since that's my biggest problem here, I feel fortunate. You on the other hand might need some stress therapy to cope with the next eight years.

Funny you should mention this. CNBC has a nice slideshow on who holds most of our debt. I think you'll be surprised:
The Biggest Holders of US Government Debt - Slideshows - CNBC.com

And plunge further into recession?

Education, it's a powerful thing:
Biography of William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare rolls. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida