Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
So Florida can not sustain its self without Northeast money? We may be lossing jobs in the Northeast but not to the extent of Florida. Even with the bad economy my tiny state of New Jersey has a per capita income rank of 4, while Florida is 22. In addition, of the top 10 foreclosure states, none are in the Northeast. This is what a diversified economy produces

Wonder why there are so many people from NJ in Florida???

Makes me wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 01:51 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,570,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Wonder why there are so many people from NJ in Florida???

Makes me wonder.
Because they can afford it. But it seems many are leaving Florida, especially families with school age children.

http://www.bebr.ufl.edu/news/title-raw%5D-24

Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 PM

162 posts, read 658,426 times
Quote:
I posted facts and you fail to understand them. Probably way over your head or another Florida basher in denial.
Oh, is that the problem? Okay! I'll tell you what... provide me with sources to all your 'facts' and I'll then be able to review them and possibly understand your genius.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,374,982 times
Quote:
You the one who said it could not make it without the people in the NE buying property not me.

All I am saying is there are 28 other states that people on average make LESS MONEY then the people in Florida do and you people act like Florida is the worst state in America.
You need to look at things in context. What is the cost of living in comparison to the amount of take home pay? That is what makes a place livable or not. A person can make 100,000 a year but if it cost 95,000 to live there, then the cost of living and quality of life in that place isn't going to be so great now is it?

Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,899,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiestaBay View Post
I wouldn't even bother. It's obvious Sunny has no idea what s/he is talking about and only likes to see his name appear on the board.
He/She isn't even a Floridian, Hasn't been since when ? 1980 ?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:02 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
He/She isn't even a Floridian, Hasn't been since when ? 1980 ?
And are not either but some of you are hell bent on making sure you get your licks in on Florida after you already LEFT FLORIDA.

You are not living in Florida and left it, so why spend your time here?

Just to let you know, I know Florida very well.

I own over 100 websites, many of them on travel, just so happens several of them are on... you got it. FLORIDA.

Need hotel reservations, tickets to Disney, Epcot, Universal, Busch, Silver Springs? A rental car? The best beaches to go to? I can help you right here from Ohio. I speak with my advertisers all the time in Florida.

All of my Florida websites are high ranking with tons of traffic.

I spent 5 weeks and many 2-3 day jaunts in Florida every year, have for more then 25 years.

I know people personally all over Florida, talk to many of them almost daily.

I do business with many people in Florida, talk to most of them daily.

I talk Florida all day and all night to people, business or personal.

NOT ONE OF THEM tell me anything of the crap some of you post. ALL OF THEM who I convince to read this stuff you people post tell me it is CRAP.

Only one person told me and I ask ALL THE TIME, that jobs are hard to find. Duh, that is everywhere.

Not one of them speak of crime, bad schools, traffic, weather or anything else.

In fact!

I spoke with a lady today in St Pete who I had go to this site while we were talking to see some of these post.

She told me that living in Florida is awesome and that I need to ignore these people because she just does not see this stuff happening. She did state that sure some people, usually people who cannot find a good paying job struggle, but her family is from Pittsburgh and they are all laid off and struggling.
She tells me how cool it is to come home from work, jump into shorts and a tank top and sit by the pool sipping an ice tea.

Now that is the life.

If your in Tenn then you should become an expert of Tenn.

Do you want me to tell you a little about Nashville? I know it well also. In the late 80s and early 90's I was in Nashville 3 days a month.

So dont keep posting about me not knowing Florida, I know it very well.

I keep myself informed everyday so we can make all the right decisions when we move.

We are Florida Gator fans, if there is an attraction, a beach or anything of important we have been there.

We followed the Cinc Reds around Florida for many years during Spring Break years ago.

My van heads south to Florida every time I start it. My van has a FLORIDA plate on it. We have Gator stickers in the windows.

So yes, I am crazy about Florida and it is to damn bad if you do not like it.

Maybe those who left Florida should be posting in the states they moved to since they seem to think it was such a smart move. Then again many of those people are moving back to Florida.........................

Florida is not for everyone, but certain people will NEVER BE HAPPY no matter what planet they live on.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:12 PM

162 posts, read 658,426 times
Quote:
Florida is not for everyone, but certain people will NEVER BE HAPPY no matter what planet they live on.
Sort of like you and Earth, eh? Don't worry, I'm sure the mothership will be back soon

Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,899,808 times
Sunny-Days, You've been everywhere and are an expert on everything, huh ?

Just because you vacation in a place and run websites the advertise tourist traps means nothing for the people that actually have to live in that mess. I lived full-time in Florida as recently as 2004 unlike you.

I don't care who you claim to talk to that says the negative things said on this forum are crap. I have come to this conclusion, There are SO many people on this forum that knows what Florida is and says so, I don't believe for a second that every person you talk to just loves the state of Florida. It's b.s., Are you honestly saying that not ONE person you've personally talked to has had anything bad to say about Florida ?

B.S., BTW, I've been a resident for over 10 years now. ( took a 6 month hiatas to return to Orlando in 2004, STILL have dual residency ) I don't care if you spent 200 years there, 3 days a month doesn't make you a Tennessean either although I'm sure you claim to be.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,670,035 times
Well, I am not feeling too great today. The kid I have been working with 1:1 for 3 weeks now, just notified the school that tomorrow will be his last day. He had been living in Florida since January and is now moving to North Dakota. Nobody had any clue he was moving. You want a real life example of a transient state?

Anyway, I have no idea where I will be going on Wednesday. I "bumped" somebody for this job. They may say there is no tenure in education in Florida, but there is certainly what they call seniority. Although I only have 2 years, I am told that is still enough. Read between the lines. I suppose people don't stay very long, do they? My other job before this was eliminated because that boy left also.

Anyway, I am starting to feel like a yo yo. There is only 2 more months of school left and then the REAL cuts will start again.

North Dakota???????? I guess the Florida lifestyle wasn't enough for this family either.

I hope this isn't off topic, but it might not be if they don't place me in another job.

Last edited by TANaples; 03-30-2009 at 05:57 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 05:18 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,570,648 times
Don't you guys know that Sunny-Days knows everything. Thats the beauty of the internet, someone like Sunny-Days can make up whatever they want, even their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida