Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Yes, since Tropic123 is really you
Tropic,

I am sorry about this, as you will find we have a few people who when they see someone like you posting anything good about Florida they will find ways to destroy the thread.

Since you are moving back to Florida I personally value your opinion as you lived in Florida, moved away and now are going back.

Any input you post is appreciated by those of us who want to move to Florida in the near future.

Congrats on your move back to paradise.

Mike Peterson has a great reputation here and I believe you will find he will be a great benefit to your needs.

Again, sorry for the rudeness of some posters to make sure every important post with anything positive gets torn apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM

5 posts, read 9,728 times
thank ypu

Old 03-30-2009, 12:03 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
This is like a song to me, seeing all these people moving back to Florida.
All these people ? What's it been ? 5-10 ?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:38 AM

3,418 posts, read 7,789,284 times
I live in GG Estates.

I pay $3300 in taxes for a 2500sf under air. This includes the Homestead exemption.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post

5 -10 yea right.

5 in the last week.

The bashers chase away many posters as they get sick of hearing the whining.

Do you home work, search for
back to florida
moving back to florida

You missed the entire point, they moved away and are moving back.

I should have known more of the bash florida crowd would jump in and ruin a positive thread. Guess I was right above!! You just proved it.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 AM

Quote:
5 -10 yea right.

5 in the last week.

The bashers chase away many posters as they get sick of hearing the whining.

Do you home work, search for
back to florida
moving back to florida

You missed the entire point, they moved away and are moving back.

I should have known more of the bash florida crowd would jump in and ruin a positive thread. Guess I was right above!! You just proved it.
I didn't miss the point of this thread. People come on this board to get opinions about places from people that actually know what they're talking about. These people lived in Florida and left and are coming back and looking for answers. When was the last time you lived in Florida ? People don't want to hear answers about neighborhoods and locations from someone that lives in Ohio and hasn't lived in the stare in 25 years.

It's all fine and good to be a cheerleader for the state but you're kinda out of control. Again, I don't hate Florida and if my wife and I were able to land great jobs I might consider moving back but that's a very LONG shot.

O.P., I think this may help you...

//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...-good-bad.html

Old 03-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:

14+ people who MOVED or are moving back to Florida in this thread ALONE.

//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...then-back.html

Add one more
//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...lorida-nc.html

Add one more
//www.city-data.com/forum/flori...but-where.html

Add 2 more
//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...ida-again.html

Add 3 more
//www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...-laud-now.html

Add 2 more
//www.city-data.com/forum/port-...-st-lucie.html

Tell me when to stop!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
14 people out of 306,113,676 that currently reside in the U.S., seriously, I think Florida is seeing a population boom.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 9,728 times
I lived in Florida for 30 years, 17 in Tampa and 13 in the Clearwater-St Pete area. I have been away 8 years and very much miss it. I left because I lost a good paying job (Company sold out) and questioned if I could continue to afford living there making less money. Florida does have it's issues when it comes to making a living and owning a home without being taxed to death. Doesn't sound like much has changed but it doesn't make me love it any less so I will continue to search for that little spot in Florida. Thank you all for the info.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
14 people out of 306,113,676 that currently reside in the U.S., seriously, I think Florida is seeing a population boom.
So you are saying 306,113,676 are on city data?????

Or are you saying all of those people have lived in Florida????? f

I have been reading back in old postings and find that there is a large group of people who post on this board who posted they could not wait to leave, then followed their post to find out they are either back in Florida or are making plans to move back.

You simply cannot deny people like this OP who lived in Florida for many years and left, now wants to come back.

Perhaps even you will be back to Florida someday like so many others here on city-data.

Tropic - Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida