Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:42 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Port St. Lousy, Palm Sh****, Zero Beach have been around for years. Usually utilized by bored people. THAT is somehow supposed to be indicative of what it's like to live somewhere? What are we, 15? lol
It's everywhere and pointless, although admittedly sometimes funny: down here there is Cooper ****ty (lame), Tamacrap (kind of clever), Slumrise/Scumrise (funny), Fort Slaughterdale (funny), Hollyhood (cliche), Pembroke Crimes (cute), Murdamar (very cute even though Pines recently exceeded their crime rate), and Coma Springs (funny). Sorry for being off topic but it's funny how people make up these names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,328 times
And the nicknames are all negative. Why not some positive nicknames for those areas? Although I could see where it'd be hard for Sunrise.

People call Asheville "Ashevegas." Not sure exactly what is meant by that one.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:06 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,700,078 times
I can't think of positive ones, but I know of another funny one-Ft. Drunk-a-dale, lol.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 AM

lol-yup-that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psouth View Post
All right so I guess it's the sizzle to the dizzle to the pizzle fo shizzle. I think I got it now. Peace out dawg.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:12 AM

LMFAO-my neezey-you're so rizzle-and they call me Ma-rizzle (and I am being serious, my Pizzle friends call me that, lol). So in the Pizzle, that's how they get dizzle!

Sounds like to me you got the lingo down too! lol-how old are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Microphone View Post
my nizzles, you gotta check the drywizzle in the hizzle fo rizzle, and that's fo shizzle, especially if you live in the pizzle.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:37 AM

478 posts, read 1,325,328 times
lol, I'm in my mid-20's...

Old 04-24-2009, 07:52 AM

LMAO! That's why you got that lingo on lock! I'm the same way too-I'm 26. I just knew you had to be in your 20's or so since you could speak the hizzle dizzle, lmfao!

Quote:
lol, I'm in my mid-20's...

Old 04-24-2009, 04:02 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Which 2 developments have Chinese drywall problems? This is good info to have.
A Lennar development in Tradition (I think the Promenade townhomes in Tradition) was found to have Chinese drywall. The other major development in the area that was found to have Chinese drywall was Lennar's Woodfield development in Vero Beach.

If you are a home buyer that is concerned about Chinese drywall (again, which appears to only be a problem involving homes built in the past few years), there are companies around now that you can hire to get an inspection for $250.

The bizarre assumption, however, is that Chinese drywall is ONLY a problem in either a) PSL, or b) Florida. It's a problem cropping up throughout the country in newer homes and developments, but is concentrated in "high growth" areas over the past few years... in particular, the Southeastern states. From what I've read, most of the Chinese drywall came into the country in 2006, after the national shortage following Hurricane Katrina.

Those who continue to view it as a "Florida" problem, however, or the problem of any one particular city in Florida may be in for a big surprise.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
And the nicknames are all negative. Why not some positive nicknames for those areas? Although I could see where it'd be hard for Sunrise.

"Positive" nicknames? What cities have "positive" nicknames, besides weird old ones like "Big Apple" or "Bean Town" that aren't even word play?

"Port St. Lovely?" "Very Nice Beach?" West Pretty Beach?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
If I were you I'd check into North Port in southern Sarasota county. You could easily find a newer home in your price range there.. The school system is also rated one of the best in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida