Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:44 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times

Advertisements

Hey Frank !!

Glad you made it buddy......but you forgot something..... ME !!!

Well, its 34 and windy here, cannot go outside or you will get blown over or like me get closed up ears with ear aches later.

But, you go ahead and have some fun down there and keep us posted.

Any pictures you can share?

We are happy for you and your family!

Enjoy

Did you say 81 and you were swimming.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 06:02 PM

627 posts, read 2,849,612 times
Frank & Family.....

Even my 10 yr old puppy agrees..... What a Beautiful Day!
http://newandusedhomes.com/images/WillumHenryApril122007.jpg (broken link)
Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!!! We are only a few minutes from you!!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
Hey again!
Boy, this is different posting on my son's laptop.....I'm so used to my mac at home........
Anyway, this morning I waxed the van, hoping that if I was extra nice to it, I would be rewarded with a repair free rest of the week.

It did not work that way. Today I had the radiator cooling fan go out....but I'm glad to say that I was able to get a new one, and got it installed, so all is well.

I could also use another new part that is not a necessity, but would make me feel better. It had to be ordered, and if it is in by Saturday, my new "best mechanic ever" will install it before we go back.

I got to say, that if anyone is in need of a good, honest, fair-priced mechanic in the Leesburg area, Dale's Exxon on the corner of Main and Rt 27 is #1 in my book. Karl and Dale have been guardian angels to me, and have gone much more then the extra mile to help me out.

I just got back from the pool and the hot tub....quite nice. I'd try to explain pickle ball, but daniellefort did a better job then I did.

My wife got into a "noodle aerobic pool" class, and enjoyed it. She's been busy moving plants, trimming, etc.

The boys are excited that we still get to watch our Buffalo Sabres play on Florida TV.....hopefully they go all the way this year. GO SABRES!

I don't want to go back.....it may be a long four years....

Frank D.

Sorry we forgot to pick some of you up......it was hard to see hitchikers when it was snowing so hard...

Frank D.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
Sorry we forgot to pick some of you up......it was hard to see hitchikers when it was snowing so hard...

Frank D.
Ok... thats enough I am coming down to tear out your darn water pump !

And yup we are jealous as heck, your swimming, 81 degrees, sunny, relaxing and I had a hoodie on today to keep warm.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE FRANK, PLEASE COME BACK AND GET ME !!!

Why did you just me standing there on I-77 with all those big macs for us to eat??? Why ???

Old 04-12-2007, 09:48 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Yea and I was even going to buy pizza. Who could pass that up?

I have the feeling that Frank will be a Floridian before those four years are up.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Ok... thats enough I am coming down to tear out your darn water pump !

And yup we are jealous as heck, your swimming, 81 degrees, sunny, relaxing and I had a hoodie on today to keep warm.

I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE FRANK, PLEASE COME BACK AND GET ME !!!

Why did you just pass me by, I was standing there on I-77 with all those big macs for us to eat??? Why ???
I am freeeeezin here !!

Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 AM

16 posts, read 43,932 times
Default batten down the hatches!

We're in for a Spring Nor'easter on Sunday afternoon!!!
Yesterdays storm was downgraded to rain here on the coast but a another one is on it's way!!
My husband is chomping at the bit. He needs to get out there w/his "stage 1" lawn care. I can't believe we usually have to pool open within the month.
Son #2 is in a BattleBots competition in Miami. I hope his flight makes it to Logan Sunday night.
I envy you Frank. I'm sure there is little relaxing going on. But have fun!!!
Frank, did u drive straight through??
Suz

Old 04-13-2007, 06:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Frank
Glad to hear you having a good time.
Sorry you are having van "issues"

We would love some of the rain you all are having down south. Please send some up to Jax
We had light drizzles when they called for "good rain" We are getting the smoke from the wildfires in GA. There also saying that we have 12 wildfires in Jax. They are asking people to be extra careful because of the "severe dry " conditions.

Karla

Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,534,532 times
We got a lot of rain here the night before last, I'm sure it was much needed.
It's been nice and Sunny here everyday though.

We leave to go back Saturday night. I'm a bit concerned that it may be heavy traffic as Easter vacationers may need to get back to work Monday, as I do....(although it only takes one phonecall to delay that... )

Suz, Yes, we drove straight through. It was easier with four drivers. 1240 miles, taking 19 hours. Avg just over 65 mph including stops.

It was great to have the boys with us. For me, I've been a bit distracted with the minivan to really relax and enjoy things.......but there will be more times.

I'll be watching for airfare deals, and will jump on them for more trips down here.........

I guess I need to get this place rented just to take the temptation away...

Frank D.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Good idea, Frank. Believe me, having tenants in the house kept me from jumping on a plane several times.

I leave for a week 3 weeks from tomorrow. I told DH that if there's still snow on the ground, I am NOT coming back. He thinks I'm kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: