Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 AM

467 posts, read 1,490,257 times

Advertisements

Nancy Lynne...Welcome to Florida....if you get a chance go to Sanibel/captiva for a visit....nice ride it's beautiful at sunset and not as far
as Key West from you...I love Naples, but you are soo right. Very expensive
and people with a lot of money. We have a lot of friends over on the west
coast. who knows maybe we will join you. East coast is getting way, way too
crowded. but then do we keep moving? I hear this from everyone on other
threads. people from N.Y. and N.J. are moving because of taxes, prices on
housing, etc. I hear from People in Pa. where we used to live and they are
complaining about all the people from N.Y. and N.J. who are moving in and
making life "miserable" for them. I guess we all just have to take a deep breath and enjoy life. Sorry I got off the topic, but once again welcome to
Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 11:49 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,278,133 times
Nancy, I've talked to several people who've spent lots of $$ bringing their furniture down, only to decide it's too big or heavy or just doesn't fit into FL lifestyle. We're just bringing things that we're really attached to like the dining room table that DH made for me, etc. I just got a tip this morning to check out movingscam.com for deals.

Old 04-13-2007, 01:55 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,229,706 times
I'm so happy for you. Remember me and my kids (10 & 13) so we can all go canoeing once your son comes down. Or maybe we can meet at a theme park if your son is bummed out when he first arrives. It's so good when they are old enough to bribe. He'll do great- 5th grade is a good time, since he hasn't yet entered middle school.

Don't know if you go to church, but an old friend is the minister at a large Methodist Church in Naples. My son has made some good friends at ours and they go through confirmation at the end of the sixth grade- it has been a real bonding experience for him.

I know you'll miss your son, but the upside is that you can dig in at work right away, putting all your energy into you new job. I don't envy you the flights back and forth, though, but the time will fly by and you'll be together before you know it.

Thanks for the update- lots of us were wondering how you were doing.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:04 PM

124 posts, read 816,553 times
Hey, great to hear, you and your son will love Saturnia and the schools for this area are great too. Take him to the new water park on Livingston Rd and he'll change his mind about moving REAL quick.. Good luck!

Old 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM

436 posts, read 1,358,842 times
Hi Nancy,
I was wondering where you've been. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I sympathize with your son not wanting to go. When I first started my home search, all of my kids were on board. Now that it is becoming a reality, none of them want to move. But since the wheels are in motion, moving we all are!! I am hoping and praying that they will come to love their new home and make a lot of new friends. I am so excited for you. My move will be this summer, but then I return with 2 of my daughters so that they can graduate...one from high school and the other from elementary. My husband will remain in Florida with my youngest. My oldest will be off to college. So this upcoming year will have my family scattered...not the best scenerio, but the only one which seems to get everyone taken care of. So I definitely know what you are feeling leaving your son behind for a while. Eventually all will come together....in the meantime, keep us posted. I would love to hear about all your new Floridian experiences. Enjoy your new life!

Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,797,169 times
Saturnia Lakes is nice. I know at least three people who live there. $1500 is an excellent price.

I work in public safety and have been to every corner of the County in the past 21 years. Let me know if you have any questions.

I second the poster who suggested the water park.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,229,706 times
When you get the chance- let us know how your first week went!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:15 AM

672 posts, read 907,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delray Patty View Post
Nancy Lynne...Welcome to Florida....if you get a chance go to Sanibel/captiva for a visit....nice ride it's beautiful at sunset and not as far
as Key West from you...I love Naples, but you are soo right. Very expensive
and people with a lot of money. We have a lot of friends over on the west
coast. who knows maybe we will join you. East coast is getting way, way too
crowded. but then do we keep moving? I hear this from everyone on other
threads. people from N.Y. and N.J. are moving because of taxes, prices on
housing, etc. I hear from People in Pa. where we used to live and they are
complaining about all the people from N.Y. and N.J. who are moving in and
making life "miserable" for them. I guess we all just have to take a deep breath and enjoy life. Sorry I got off the topic, but once again welcome to
Florida.
As I said on another thread, Pa is becoming a popular retirement place for retirees from NY. Lower cost of living and within driving distance to see grandkids.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:40 AM

55 posts, read 345,552 times
Hi, I moved here from Texas with ALL my things, furniture, car, etc. Don't advise it thou,, I should of sold my furniture & car and just bought new, when I arrived. It wasn't worth the expenise, there are so many furniture stores here Just bring your personal belongings, one of my daughters came with me (she had no choice) but another choise to stay in Texas, but guess what? She is here now!! Good Luck and Welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida