Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Housing Bust: Are You Happy, Sad, or Indifferent?
Happy 20 43.48%
Sad 13 28.26%
Indifferent 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 AM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times

Advertisements

I am sad. My house is up for sale. I looked at the houses that sold in my area and it was around 300,000. I just accepted an offer for 255,000. I wish I sold it last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belladee View Post
I am sad. My house is up for sale. I looked at the houses that sold in my area and it was around 300,000. I just accepted an offer for 255,000. I wish I sold it last year.
You are so lucky to have sold when you did. I bet you still made a handsome profit.

Best of luck with closing.

SKB

Old 04-15-2007, 09:34 AM

93 posts, read 370,324 times
Re that patrick.net blog. It would appear that the fellow has an ax to grind.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
SKB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrgh View Post
Re that patrick.net blog. It would appear that the fellow has an ax to grind.
What do you mean exactly?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:37 AM

356 posts, read 1,269,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
You are so lucky to have sold when you did. I bet you still made a handsome profit.

Best of luck with closing.

SKB
I just got an email 20 minutes ago. The sale is not going to happen. We are listing with an agent on monday. by owner is hard

Old 04-15-2007, 12:18 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
I just got an email 20 minutes ago. The sale is not going to happen. We are listing with an agent on monday. by owner is hard
Bella, sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:57 PM
SKB

Quote:
Sorry about that.
It seems like I have been hearing the same type of situation over and over again on another board for people that are trying to sell their homes.

Now that the sub-prime market has dried up, banks are requesting a lot more from buyers. The sub-prime market was the last bit of hope trying hold up the falling house of cards.

SKB

Old 04-15-2007, 03:43 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Default Happy.

I am happy it busted.

The real estate speculators need a lesson. They and the "predatory lending" companies are solely responsible for the chaos we now have in Central FL and all the foreclosures and the rising cost of living here.

Prices have gone down here and hopefully, they will continue to plunge (they are supposed to continue to declien another 20% by year's end).

The local people need relief from the massive cost-of-living increase in Central FL and staggering wages.

Lower housing costs to get things back on track. Otherwise, Orlando will be re-named "Los Orlangeles".

Old 04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
SKB

I have to agree with you on that one and despite the disappointment that many will feel over the loss of their "paper wealth" this will be better for everyone down the road.

Lets face it folks, it was a bubble, and like any crazed scheme designed to make money quickly it can also ruin you as well. There were many that made their fortunes in this but so many more that didn't. So now all of that paper wealth they thought they had is slowly evaporating back into nothing again until the next time...

There will be a next time as like all housing bubbles people forget, generations pass, all of a sudden real estate starts to go up again. Hopefully the next bubble will not be this large and do this much damage.

Hold on to your seats as this rollercoaster has five loop de loops and we have only gone through one of them when ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in ARMs reset this year
When the bottom of this crash hits many people will be losing their home to REO or simply walking away and mailing back the keys.

I hope anyone that is planning on buying learns this and decides to hold off on purchasing, very soon we are going to see some major price changes in Sunny Florida as Fl is ground 0 for all of this action.

SKB

Old 04-15-2007, 06:14 PM

305 posts, read 805,530 times
I'm happy as well....

I hope it teaches the greedy sons a b... a lesson. I went to look at a condo in Pembroke Pines the other day...1/1 for $355,000....

That's crazy, especially with these crappy job market and poor education but some folks do have the money for them....

The market will probably drop another 15% overall then the rich boys will buy everything up for their kids....

But I'm hoping they buy it in hopes on selling for a profit then realize it won't sell and screwed... Florida needs to regain the middle class, make it affordable for them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida