Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:50 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
Hmmmm.... another Positive Point?

My Car will not rot from rust in Central Florida. Is that a good one???
Holy crapola....

What a thought... First time I have seen that one....

I have lost thousands on cars because of rust, you cannot keep them clean or wash them when its below freezing!!

That is do why the large dealers here in Ohio pay TONS more for Florida cars.

Another postivie added to the growing list thanks to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
nps

10 posts, read 34,902 times
Florida is a nice place to live as long as you chose the right place. There are a lot of secluded areas in Florida - close to amenities but far from city congestion. Just like in St. Lucie County. We have a piece of property, 15 minute drive to shopping centers and major roads. It is very convenient.

Our residence is in Fort Lauderdale. we never have been bothered by crimes, no burglaries, etc. but close to airport, shopping malls. So if we want peace and quite, we just stay in our property with tall hedges and nobody bothers us at all - lots of privacy on a half acre lot.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:03 PM

131 posts, read 1,034,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
How about a 24 case of beer for 45.00?
They really stick it to you on those cases of Kalik Gold, don't they? At least you can get a rum and Coke cheaper then you can get a Coke.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM

672 posts, read 906,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Me, too. If I didn't have to work....all I would EVER wear is shorts, tank top and sandals. Just wait 'til I retire......I'm never straightening my hair or putting on another suit again! LOL
I don't like my legs. I stopped wearing shorts in my 20s. I guess I will have to go out and buy a lot of sundresses - LONG sundresses.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
nps

In addition, Florida experiences colder temperature down to 50's. On winter time. but there is no snow to worry about. I find having hurricane to be fun as long as you are prepared. We always prefer using gas for cooking, and make sure you have a standby generator.

Our house was built in 1956 and we never have any problem or damage to the house. It's made of bricks and cement with flat roof, better built compared to the new houses. We never had any flooding too especially being right next to waterways.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:15 PM
nps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
I don't like my legs. I stopped wearing shorts in my 20s. I guess I will have to go out and buy a lot of sundresses - LONG sundresses.
I have been wearing Ameswalker leg/ pantyhose support for months due to varicose veins.At first it was kind of hot, but got used to it in about a week, now I don't even feel it anymore, even after walking our dogs.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,500,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Impressions View Post
They really stick it to you on those cases of Kalik Gold, don't they? At least you can get a rum and Coke cheaper then you can get a Coke.
LOL, Kalik Gold will give you a vicious headache, better to stick with Kalik regular, boy that is a good beer. ( I have since given up drinking but, my husband misses that a lot.)
The only thing that was semi cheap was the Bacardi Rum and five dollars for a conch salad over at Foxies at Arawak Cay but it's since gone up to six dollars when we were there last June for a visit.

How much is a 24 of Coors lite? LOL

Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,471,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMom72 View Post
Capris are very popular here, you can wear them nearly year-round.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:52 PM

432 posts, read 1,879,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyHomeIsInOcala View Post
Hmmmm.... another Positive Point?

My Car will not rot from rust in Central Florida. Is that a good one???
I have a friend who restores cars and sells them on Ebay. He loves getting used cars from florida, because they typically have not been corroded from salt and ice. Even when they are kept outside. Also the roads are more flat and more smooth, so there tend to be fewer suspension problems.

He had a small dealership for used cars in FL, but had to move north for family reasons. I predict he will move back someday, because he really loved it.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:46 PM

523 posts, read 2,831,111 times
I love Florida, but my kids yearn for change of seasons. So I send them to NC for a day or two in the winter. They come home early if is cold.
It was beautiful day today in Lakeland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida