Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM

50 posts, read 168,044 times

Advertisements

I'm so excited! And nervous & elated & anxious & thrilled, etc etc etc

We sold our house here, and by roughly this time next week, we'll be on our way back to Florida, COMING HOME AT LAST!!!! After three long miserable years, finally going home....

I know that many of you dislike Florida, and I truly feel for those of you who would rather be elsewhere, and can't leave right now - but we WANT to be back in Florida and are so happy that we got this place sold so that we CAN COME BACK HOME!!!!!

We'll be signing contracts tonight, and closing Monday or Tuesday.... then on the road the following day! I can't wait to set foot across the state line & BE HOME AGAIN!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 04:39 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,475,403 times
Where are you now? And why are you coming back to Florida?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:02 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,054,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretlady4719 View Post

We sold our house here, and by roughly this time next week, we'll be on our way back to Florida, COMING HOME AT LAST!!!! After three long miserable years, finally going home....

I know that many of you dislike Florida, and I truly feel for those of you who would rather be elsewhere, and can't leave right now - but we WANT to be back in Florida and are so happy that we got this place sold so that we CAN COME BACK HOME!!!!!

We'll be signing contracts tonight, and closing Monday or Tuesday.... then on the road the following day! I can't wait to set foot across the state line & BE HOME AGAIN!!!!
Glad to hear you love Florida . We need more faithful like you . Ill have Anita Bryant drop off a case of pure refreshing original Florida Orange Juice for you !

Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,395,447 times
Quote:

Finally someone excited about coming to florida..ROFL...
I met some of the nicest gals today at the pool, who welcomed me to florida they have been here 12 yrs and love it...I have met alot of people in our community so far new comers and old timers who would never leave

Old 06-29-2009, 06:31 PM

17,546 posts, read 39,171,450 times
Quote:

Congratulations - and WELCOME HOME! No place better, IMO.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,224,264 times
Welcome back! You've been here, done that and are returning. I love Florida, too. Can't see myself anywhere else!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Well, our buyer just left, paperwork is all done, closing is tentatively set for next Wednesday, unless he can get the atty. to bump it up earlier. Realtor/investor buying it cash, as-is, so no stressing over the outcome of inspections, waiting on financing & so forth.... just pack our stuff, sign off at closing & scoot on out of here!

Doggiebus, we're in northeast Alabama right now -- we came up here three years ago, rather unwillingly, but at the time, various personal & family matters forced our hand (hubby is originally from here...) We initially thought we'd be stuck here MUCH longer, but luckily, circumstances changed so that we could leave, we just had to unload the house here to do so...

As far as WHY we're coming back to FL??? Because it's HOME and we both really LOVE it in FL, in spite of the problems there. Love the weather, our closest friends are all down there, health-wise, it's much better on hubby w/ some of the problems he deals with.... we've missed Florida terribly from the day we left & never stopped wanting to get back....we're just so happy that we finally can come back...

RVLover, I'll definitely take you up on that orange juice!!! LOL, I'd love to have a huge glass of ice-cold FL juice right now! That's one of the first things we want to do once we get settled into a new home, is plant a few citrus trees! We had a ponderosa lemon, a naval orange and a pineapple orange tree at our home there before we left - I will certainly get some more trees once we're settled down. So nice to step out in your back yard & pick some lovely fresh fruit....

Whew... got a lot to do before next week - but I've had the majority of packing already finished for a while, so it's just the last odds & ends...

I started crying my eyes out after our buyer left... for quite some time, I had given up hope & didn't think we would ever get back to FL.... There are other places that are nice but Florida is my HOME!!!! It may not be the same Florida I grew up in, but it's still home & I still love it...

Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 PM

807 posts, read 3,189,293 times
what part of Florida are you heading to?

Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM

156 posts, read 470,110 times
Congrats on getting it accomplished. I hope to be moving to Florida from Michigan soon.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
what part of Florida are you heading to?
We've got a list of homes we want to look at -- our top choice at this point is in Dundee. Others include Zephyrhills, Lake Placid & Winter Haven. And of course, once we're actually there, we'll be looking around at others as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida