Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2009, 09:51 AM

94 posts, read 362,646 times

Advertisements

I have been to PCB and Destin, but what about Ft. walton beach. I heard the crime is the worst of the three in Fort Walton. Is it true? Tell me what you think about these beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer_195 View Post
I have been to PCB and Destin, but what about Ft. walton beach. I heard the crime is the worst of the three in Fort Walton. Is it true? Tell me what you think about these beaches.
You can compare the crime rates between the 3 on CityData by going to each town name. As for the beaches, Ive been to all 3 town beaches, and Destin is by far the nicest and more picturesque than the others. I particularly find the beach at Destin Harbor right next to the Bridge (on the west side) , great ; you can see all of Destin Harbor , people casually walking on the Boardwalk, the Peninsula on the other side of the Harbor that has beaches , the Hotel skyline , seagulls deficating at will, the cars crossing the big bridge , the private and Tour Boats going by, and the Fishing Boats coming back in with their catches. The sand at this location is still pure white as are the other areas.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:24 AM

34 posts, read 174,461 times
I have to go with PCB because of the hotels. I recommend Sugar Sands in the 'burb of Laguna Beach. It's nice!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:46 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,050,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_dougee_doug View Post
I have to go with PCB because of the hotels. I recommend Sugar Sands in the 'burb of Laguna Beach. It's nice!
I havent been to PC in over 2 years ; are there still alot of rowdy College kids/high school kids for the most part ? Or is it a seasonal thing ?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 AM

34 posts, read 174,461 times
U'll see the chaos during spring break and fourth of July. I went two weeks ago and stayed in Laguna Beach area and it was quite and relaxing!!!!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM

95 posts, read 323,542 times
Which beach between Navarre and Destin has the least seaweed right now?

We're planning on going tomorrow...

Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
I havent been to PC in over 2 years ; are there still alot of rowdy College kids/high school kids for the most part ? Or is it a seasonal thing ?
We refer to PCB as the Heart of Darkness from about mid-February to mid-April. MTV may have moved on, but the college kids haven't- still lots of idiots who throw themselves off 7th story balconies, die of alcohol poisoning, or get into fights with weapons over romantic entanglements. Add in some really rough neighborhoods of locals and it's by far the worst of the three, IMO.

Destin- mostly quiet middle to upper middle class small town with a big traffic problem. It does have a couple of bad areas, no matter how much the locals try to pretend they aren't there.

Ft. Walton Beach- There are about four small parts of town I'd call bad, and you have to be actively looking for hookers and blow to find them. Far, far safer than Panama City Beach, IMO, in terms of having to worry about trouble finding you.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 PM

45 posts, read 156,821 times
Sea Grove is nice.... or try Watercolor, it's VERY quiet!!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 01:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
The beaches in Destin are far and away better than anything in PCB.

Crime, I haven't seen anything in Destin that would lead me to believe they have a crime problem. Same thing in FWB. FWB has some hookers, a few low lifes in some areas at night, but for the most part its a pretty quiet town. Destin has traffic issues in season, there are a few roads to get around 98, but they don't really save you anytime.

The beach by Pompano's bar are some of the best around here, IMO. There are a few smaller beaches here and there, but good luck finding parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida