Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:28 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,039 times

Advertisements

O.k. I need to know what you would do.
If you were a home owner and someone wanted to rent a home from you but they were relocating from out of state and not until the summer, would you consider holding the home for them until they moved down?
What if they offered to pay something to you each month until they moved?

Does anyone in Florida even do this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 04:32 PM

55 posts, read 286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
If you were a home owner and someone wanted to rent a home from you but they were relocating from out of state and not until the summer, would you consider holding the home for them until they moved down?

hmmm - that's timely because we are on the side of this situation - we would like to hold a house. I would say it is reasonable to request one months deposit which they would loose if they reneged or found a better deal in the meantime. It covers you for taking the house off the market.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,190,586 times
Quote:

Why would you do it? It the house impossable to rent to anybody else?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
Why would you do it? It the house impossable to rent to anybody else?
I am asking because we have found a house that we love, and I am going to be talking to the owner about it and I was wondering if I should even bother asking him if he would consider holding it for us until the summer.

I guess it wont hurt to ask...

Old 05-10-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
I am asking because we have found a house that we love, and I am going to be talking to the owner about it and I was wondering if I should even bother asking him if he would consider holding it for us until the summer.

No one wants a rental sitting empty for one more day then they have to, there is no way to make it up, it's gone. I can't imagine why he would say yes, the best he could say is " Give me a call and if it is still available it's yours". You would have to pay full rent from day one if you want it. What did you plan on offering him to hold it?

Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Well, I wasnt sure. I was just planning on asking him to see what he thought about it, if it was even something he would consider.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Well, I wasnt sure. I was just planning on asking him to see what he thought about it, if it was even something he would consider.
Whats in it for him? Nothing, not even a guarantee you will even rent it when the time comes.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 PM

17 posts, read 73,924 times
Default U never no till you ask

Quote:
I have been in the same boat you have. You answered your own question it wouldn't hurt to ask. Everyone is different. It is not like the Summer is months away. He may want you to pay an extra month in the hole to hold it in good faith. But bottom line is until you ask you won't know. It may be that they are having a hard time finding someone he can trust in his gut and you could be the tenants he has been looking for. If he says no what have you lost. Nothing except maybe a little pride ;-)

I had a an owner that was going to hold a house for me for two months with an extra month down but before we could seal the deal someone came along and gave him all the money and snatched it from me.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:10 AM

17 posts, read 73,924 times
Quote:

Curious? Did you ever ask the owner about holding the property?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briglavel View Post
Curious? Did you ever ask the owner about holding the property?
Thanks for asking! And Yes I did, and Yes he is going to hold the house! We are still talking everything out and he is getting the lease ready. Its a beautiful new home, over 2600 sq feet.
I was very honest with him from the beginning, and I think he appreciated that.

Jen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida