Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:55 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondax View Post
Lionking,
Can we at least agree that everyone is immoral at least part of the time?....and that our challenge is listening to our conscience before our immorality is full time and we become a "net loss" to sociality?

Lionking wrote:
No apology needed as we are just expressing our thoughts and views here.

Macguy wrote:
Of course,...yes. Even the priest who turns his lights off at 9pm is immoral.

Judging by how inconsistent and arbitrary drinking laws seem to be, I have to think our fine legislators voted on most of the bilge during election years to secure the votes of the moral majority which is becoming the moral minority.....

It's Sunday morning and I'm thirsty already.......
The state of Florida just leaves it up to the local government. We have counties like Washington county that are still dry. I think there are three dry counties in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 11:37 AM

109 posts, read 393,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
The state of Florida just leaves it up to the local government.
Macguy,
This sounds like the best way to go, assuming Local Governments have the best interest of it's citizenry at heart.

Quote:
We have counties like Washington county that are still dry. I think there are three dry counties in the state
Makes sense that the more rural areas are dry.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:50 PM

155 posts, read 473,932 times
Really, while at first it may seem bad to leave bars open until the early morning hours, it actually might not be a bad idea. Most problems around here happen after the bar has closed. People are still wide awake at 2am and they start looking for things to do. Since everything is closed, they often have to make their own entertainment which is not always good. If the club would stay open later, then everyone could stay there and not have to make their entertainment on the streets. The more I think about it, the more I think some clubs should stay open later.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:23 PM

266 posts, read 1,162,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Why do the rest of the cities in Florida even Orlando and Tampa have to shutdown at 2am???
'Cause it's time to go to BED!!!

Old 05-13-2007, 06:40 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,195,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstec View Post
'Cause it's time to go to BED!!!
Not if you work the night shift. I know you were trying to be funny, but a lot of people do shift work and keep different hours. It may be time for you to go to bed but I like to stay up at night. I like doing paper work and I usualy will go in my studio and work during the night. The night and very early is my favorite part of the day.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:44 AM

172 posts, read 857,295 times
because old people are scared of entertainment

Old 05-14-2007, 04:45 AM

217 posts, read 845,441 times
I work third shift and I go nuts sometimes on days off because normal people aren't up and doing things. I think I'll be getting back on a regular shift soon though; starts to wear on you.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:47 AM

1,824 posts, read 8,381,194 times
Just for the record, Tampa and Hillsborough County sell alcohol until 3am, some establishments are allowed to stay open past that time(which I recommend so people can kind of "dry out" for an hour or so), but cannot consume any alcohol after 3am.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,170,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Why do the rest of the cities in Florida even Orlando and Tampa have to shutdown at 2am???I mean this is when the action is alive and best at clubs and bars and poof!!! they raid on your parade......

what does it matter if bars stay open past 2am?Is this some stupid moralistic attitude on the part of city council people that make that rule?

The 2 a.m. closing is not a county law. It's up to each municipality. Some towns mandate closing at 10 or 11 on Sunday, or don't open at all. Some have special event closing times, like race week, etc., which allows them to stay open longer. And yes, the city council would determine the time.

Aren't there any bottle clubs where you live?

Old 05-19-2007, 05:10 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,213,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromedome View Post
because old people are scared of entertainment
LOL....no...not scared...just too TIRED!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida