Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bubble Meter - place your votes
No Bubble 6 2.99%
Soft Correction (10% or less) 76 37.81%
Hard Correction (10% or more) 87 43.28%
Crash 32 15.92%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 08:49 AM

944 posts, read 3,847,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamutz View Post
MiraBay is the perfect example of what went wrong in the real estate market. There were no restrictions on selling to investors and they flooded the market. It became impossible for builders to compete with the resales of their own homes. It's a gorgeous community, but homebuilders learned a hard lesson about taking the easy money from investors...there are now restrictions that require you to maintain ownership for 1-2 years after closing..scaring away most of the "flippers." If sales were limited to people who intended to living there in the first place, there would have been 1/3 the sales...but they would be real sales and the market would be much more stable.
Excellent post. Thank you for providing insight to the current market.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:51 AM

208 posts, read 974,688 times
It's ok I can handle it. If I was worried about ratings and "reputation", I wouldn't be here in the first place. I like these forums because it not only gives me a chance to see what other people think but also to debate opinions.

I only wish we had a more public forum for our national politics to throw out negative responses when our politicians say things we don't agree with.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:52 AM

269 posts, read 1,057,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggy View Post
Could somebody explain this to me:

If in fact the market will pick up soon, why are homebuilders offering such huge discounts, homes going into foreclosure, and auctions picking up?
Homebuilders are offering such huge discounts because they have completed inventory that they are paying taxes, interest, and dues on...they have to get rid of them now. They're better off, dumping what they have at little or no profit, and starting new homes (albeit at a much slower pace than one year ago) and keeping everyone working.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:52 AM

628 posts, read 1,833,613 times
Quote:
So help me understand: are foreclosures going up or not?
Muggy - that math is way too easy – I know you don’t need help with this! Have you looked at the federal reserve z1 data? I'll give you the link http://www.federalreserve.gov/releas...current/z1.pdf

Maybe we can debate the math here!

Old 11-24-2006, 08:59 AM

944 posts, read 3,847,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shores9 View Post
I know you don’t need help with this!
I do need help with this. I'm serious. Please explain it in a manner that everyone here can understand. Are foreclosures going up or not?

I am making an honest effort to explore the housing issue here.

Scamutz, thank you for explaining the inventory issue and why builders are discounting. I appreciate that.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:32 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,017 times
Quote:
I do need help with this. I'm serious. Please explain it in a manner that everyone here can understand. Are foreclosures going up or not?

I am making an honest effort to explore the housing issue here.

Scamutz, thank you for explaining the inventory issue and why builders are discounting. I appreciate that.
I would like to know also. Could we start with the 2Q hm at 9331.9. I know its old and the 3rdQ is not in the numbers but I would like to hear about it anyway.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:42 AM

Subprime loans -- loans made to borrowers with less than perfect credit -- aren't just performing badly. New figures presented by UBS analysts this week show that the deterioration is accelerating.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:49 AM

208 posts, read 974,688 times
I definitely think you're going to see people who traditionally should never have gotten a mortgage defaulting over the next few years. Therefore, I think you will see rising foreclosures. All those who used creative financing will definitely pay the price. I can't argue that.

I can make a dumb comment that economic Darwinism is in place here and anyone who couldn't/shouldn't have bought a house in those conditions is getting eaten alive. "Survival of the fittest" And I'm not saying that in any other way but to say people should know their boundaries when purchasing a home.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomoresubways View Post
I definitely think you're going to see people who traditionally should never have gotten a mortgage defaulting over the next few years. Therefore, I think you will see rising foreclosures. All those who used creative financing will definitely pay the price. I can't argue that.

I can make a dumb comment that economic Darwinism is in place here and anyone who couldn't/shouldn't have bought a house in those conditions is getting eaten alive. "Survival of the fittest" And I'm not saying that in any other way but to say people should know their boundaries when purchasing a home.
Very well said, Alot of people are over there heads. how did they get loans in the first place I don't know.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM

628 posts, read 1,833,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
I would like to know also. Could we start with the 2Q hm at 9331.9. I know its old and the 3rdQ is not in the numbers but I would like to hear about it anyway.
What the question? Are you referring to Z1 q2 06 Home mortgages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida