Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,708,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
This has all the makings of another swine flu epidemic.
You should put your money where your mouth is. I bet you could snag some great deals on the Gulf right about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,989,319 times
Quote:
This has all the makings of another swine flu epidemic.
If and when this does happen, where are all the Canadian snowbirds gonna go?
Just sayin'..........

Old 05-04-2010, 02:43 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
You should put your money where your mouth is. I bet you could snag some great deals on the Gulf right about now.
Whether the media is blowing this all out of proportion lets get back together in a month or so and see whats happened.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:51 PM

3,043 posts, read 7,708,307 times
Quote:
Whether the media is blowing this all out of proportion lets get back together in a month or so and see whats happened.
Okay, but if you seriously believe that, you could make a killing on BP (symbol: BP) or Transocean (symbol: RIG) stock.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Okay, but if you seriously believe that, you could make a killing on BP (symbol: BP) or Transocean (symbol: RIG) stock.
Hee-hee, I've got some Gulf coast property he might wanna invest in!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 PM

33 posts, read 54,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If and when this does happen, where are all the Canadian snowbirds gonna go?
Just sayin'..........
I don't know where they would go but I'll bet that if they do leave,you'll be praying that they come back to help prop up your failing economy and help keep you employed.......Just sayin'

Frank

Old 05-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Ram3500 View Post
I don't know where they would go but I'll bet that if they do leave,you'll be praying that they come back to help prop up your failing economy and help keep you employed.......Just sayin'

Frank
Well duh........like I dont already know that?
Come down here and wash some birds, ok?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:31 PM

33 posts, read 54,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Well duh........like I dont already know that?
Come down here and wash some birds, ok?

Well all right........ but I'm not accepting responsibility if your birds can't handle a spin cycle

Old 05-04-2010, 05:40 PM

19 posts, read 198,907 times
I hope it is being overblown.

I, for one, though, would rather see things farther on the "worry and concern" end of the spectrum than "everything's fine and indifference" end when it comes to ecological/environmental concerns.

Like I said, I don't get cable news, but there is usually one one link shown at a time to an oil spill article on Google News. Michael Jackson's death had three or four links at a time.

We spend enough resources, time, and thoughts worrying and panicking about what does not matter. For once I think it is okay to obsess a bit over an environmental issue.

Also, of course, there is Katrina backlash. People are afraid they're going to ignore something and then a week later there is the metaphorical "people on the roofs" event.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngageGuy1 View Post
I thought this was interesting:

"This is your classic fluid situation, no pun intended. There are conflicting numbers, conflicting measurements, conflicting strategies, with lots happening at once and many different people offering their thoughts on what's really happening. I'd be cautious, for example, about believing the report that oil will be carried by the Gulf Stream around the tip of Florida and onto the Atlantic Coast. This ran all over the place Sunday thanks to the Associated Press. The Gulf Stream angle got a bit hyped in the headlines ("Nightmare scenario feared if massive oil spill enters the Gulf Stream" shrieked the Kansas City Star) -- and it was based on a single source, a professor in remote sensing at UF who has no direct knowledge of what's happening in the water as far as I could tell. Tell me if you know differently (or "different," as we say in Hogtown). "

Achenblog - Gulf oil spill to reach Atlantic seaboard?
You believe the predictability of ocean currents is theoretical? There is no doubt where it is going if it gets picked up by the currents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida