Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

I think I would probably do what Claude mentioned and find the pre-cooked food to go in your local grocery store. They have roasted chicken, turkey - deli with prepared salads, etc.

Your diet will be lacking for something if you only eat what you stated in your opening post.

Don't forget to take a multivitamin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 07:03 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
your diet sounds fine--in fact better than fine...untill you get to your proteins...
you cant have bacon and eggs and spam every day.
if you really think its too much for you to grill up some chicken or turkey breasts on your stove about once a week, then i would definately go with some low sodium deli meats, canned beans, canned tuna or canned salmon. just something to change it up...
The carbs coming from the fruits and vegetables are already bordering overkill.. and yet the calories there are no where near sufficient. So the logical thing is to add some proteins and fat for balance.

Canned Fish is another meat I tend to binge on (relatively speaking) although less and less lately (prices have been rather high.. thanks BP)

Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is a growing trend of "cooked for you" meals. Place an add looking for a home cook to make you "cook to order" freezer/fridge meals. The home cook can take $5 and make a materpiece. and you have a vast variety of dishes.
Like DineWise and, as discussed recently inthis forum, Schwanns.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:47 PM

61,725 posts, read 87,147,355 times
I heard about it... the business in growing and food is not too bad. Great idea!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Like DineWise and, as discussed recently inthis forum, Schwanns.
No, Im sorry, I meant cooked by a Home Chef/cook. Than delivered to you to place in fridge and reheat to eat or freeze for later. "I will cook what you like"...Kinda deal.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:48 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,988 times
sandwiches

Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I've tried for many years but I've come to the conclusion that I'm absolutely ungifted at cooking. (And I'm too lazy plus fatigued after coming home from work.)

And I'm completely sick of pretty much all the restaurants out there, at least the ones I can afford.

So I figure I'll just survive on a diet of just fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, etc. (preferably organic) and maybe some eggs/bacon/spam, etc. thrown in for proteins.

Can a person survive on a diet where maybe 80% of all food is only the following:

- Uncooked vegetables (like lettuce, tomatoes, brocolli, carrots, etc.)
- Nuts
- Uncooked fruits
- A little bit of cheese, eggs, and or bacon.. or any animal products that don't require extensive preparation.

I don't eat that much junk food, at least the super sugary kind. Never ever really liked it in the first place..
It's an excellent diet. Don't eat too much fat; but do eat some. Eat plenty of nuts as well.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:45 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,048,960 times
Default Just my humble opinion......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I've tried for many years but I've come to the conclusion that I'm absolutely ungifted at cooking. (And I'm too lazy plus fatigued after coming home from work.)

And I'm completely sick of pretty much all the restaurants out there, at least the ones I can afford.

So I figure I'll just survive on a diet of just fresh fruits, vegetables, cheese, etc. (preferably organic) and maybe some eggs/bacon/spam, etc. thrown in for proteins.

Can a person survive on a diet where maybe 80% of all food is only the following:

- Uncooked vegetables (like lettuce, tomatoes, brocolli, carrots, etc.)
- Nuts
- Uncooked fruits
- A little bit of cheese, eggs, and or bacon.. or any animal products that don't require extensive preparation.

I don't eat that much junk food, at least the super sugary kind. Never ever really liked it in the first place..
IMHO in your effort to eliminate cooking and eating out..... you may sacrifice GOOD HEALTH !!!! Many people do live on an all raw diet

You should educate yourself on nutrition to avoid the fast-food-lifestyle which is not the pathway to optimal health & wellness !

You say you don't eat that much junk food but then suggest eating bacon & spam

That's why I suggest educating yourself on nutrition

Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,636 times
Hello.....Pizza Hut

Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM

527 posts, read 1,020,058 times
Like another poster suggested Get A Crockpot and order online a crockpot recipe book- VERY EASY AND DELICIOUS! trust me it is a no-fuss meal(s) - throw it all in, turn it on, go to work, come home and voila - delish- Also on a sunday make some big meals and freeze em- Make a big pot of gravy with meatballs, sausages etc, you can make lasagnes' baked ziti, chicken parm etc.- Chicken breasts are great too, dice up a whole bunch of them then you can throw some in a salad - buy some frozen veggies ; broccoli, cauliflower, spinach etc, sauteed garlic in olive oil can spice anything up, come home boil some water, throw some pasta in there, nuke your frozen veggies, throw in some of that diced up chicken, mix it with that fresh garlic sauteed in the olive oil,some parmesan cheese - done-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink