Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,944,713 times

Advertisements

No shopping baskets...that is my biggest pet peeve. I hardly ever go to the store for a carts worth (and don't want an excuse to fill one) and I can't see why some stores don't have enough!

Parents that leave their kids unattended and they are running around like little monkeys. A supermarket shouldn't be an obstacle course!

People who stand in front of the frozen foods areas with the door open searching for stuff or trying to decide. It takes up a lot of space and they are hard to get by.

Definitely not having enough cashiers or self checkouts during peak times. I am surprised at how a Whole Foods I go to at lunch has just a couple cashiers working.

Rude cashiers...they should be somewhat talkative. It is customer service after all!

Not having products I buy consistently. I always seem to like something that is available one day and then a few weeks later they suddenly don't carry it anymore.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Stuffed Modulars. Wrong items stuffed into another items slot and now that needed item doesn't get ordered. Big peeve of mine for any store.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,054 times
- 2 lanes open, 20 lanes closed
- not enough items, no rain check
- large displays on aisles
- people idling on aisles
- people walking side by side on aisles
- people who leave items behind in the wrong places
- people who drop things and leave them on the floor
- 2 people going in the same direction (side by side carts on the same aisle), 3rd person walks in the opposite direction and no one moves out of the way
- not enough lights, especially in produce, fish, and meat departments
- lack of seasonal items when they should be available
- prices not clear
- disgusting shopping carts
AND...
- I would love to have "100%/all-natural" juice that is actually only 100% natural juice

Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
People on their cell phones always in the way and have no clue or care that they are holding everybody up.

People who don't get their charge/debit card, wallet, purse out ahead of time then fiddle around looking for their store card to get the store savings.

Customers who have an attitude that everyone else is in their way when it's really not a big deal. All they need to do is say excuse me smile and freakin move on and get over the attitude.

Requesting an item be restocked and it never gets done which is one reason why I shop at different stores.

Baggers, when I finally get one, splitting up the frozen foods with boxed products that don't need freezing or refrigeration.

Baggers dissappearing when I have heavier items to be bagged.

Being told the self checkout is available umpteen times when I said umpteen times no thank you I want a cashier. One employee in charge of the self check actually said to me there's no reason to be afraid of it and when that didn't make me use it he comes out with you just don't want to bag yourself. Well that's true because I like having the cashier helping me when I have a cart full of heavy groceries but no one helps at self check out with bagging in most stores.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM

61,720 posts, read 87,123,005 times
One size of shopping carts ( there should be smaller carts for "smaller" shopping, and no - I don't want to carry a basket)
Shopping carts with bad wheels
Baggers bagging 1-2 items per bag ( bags are to small too, and so thin they tear to easily )
Fake sales ( I do remember regular prices )
Scales that are not calibrated ( I weigh an item on 5 scales and get 5 different prices)
Entire sections moved around the store ( I know, that's the marketing strategy, however pretty annoying)
Mystery or missing prices ( I need to compare bar codes on the shelf and on the product)
Bulk prices ( e.g. 3 for $7 - lots of people cannot calculate it in the head)
Sales prices not in the checker computer ( whole lane on hold, because they need to send someone to check the price sticker on the shelf)
You saved today:... on the receipt. One time I saved more than I spent ( no not using coupons! They compare their prices with imaginary store where everything is super expensive)
Loud music or overhead announcements for clerks.
Stores that are too cold.
Stores where you cannot find anyone to help you.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
People who don't get their charge/debit card, wallet, purse out ahead of time then fiddle around looking for their store card to get the store savings.
Absolutely true. I always have my credit/debit card handy whenever I am about to start checking out, as well as my store card.

I am not sure how to quote twice on the same post but elnina is also very right; carts with bad wheels are awful. Some grocery stores have medium-sized ones (which I often choose) that are not that bulky and are just enough for my shopping items. I don't like baskets too.

The self checkout area is fine, but it doesn't always work as expected, and there are no scales within each specific department - and I often buy items that have to be weighed such as fruit and vegetables - they can be a pain sometimes.

Items that are for sale only when bought in bulk - "must buy 5" - some shoppers do not like to stock all that food!
Items advertised as sale ones which can be found for less in other nearby stores (and are not even on sale on said stores).
Sale items that are more expensive than regular priced ones, which are obviously not advertised.

Last edited by Miaiam; 08-04-2011 at 09:37 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Squeaky/sticky wheels on shopping carts. And you don't notice it till its too late. Next time I get one of those I'm going postal.

No doubt about it.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 PM

22,855 posts, read 6,437,988 times
All the above are true...
One of my "unfortunate" peeves is that they will have
everything but what I'm looking for..
I swear they must follow me around and make sure if
I buy an item they will be out of it next time...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
People who walk right into you
People who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle
Cashiers who don't greet you
Cashiers who don't say "Thank You"
Dark stores (I understand they are saving energy but it is depressing)
Filthy shopping carts with no wipey things
Filthy customers who sneeze and cough all over everything

Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

Filthy customers who sneeze and cough all over everything
This one made me laugh, every time I see people doing this I make sure they see me making a really disgusted face and quietly saying "ewww"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink