Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:43 PM

709 posts, read 954,948 times

Advertisements

For about 5 years, I used to drink 3 2-liter bottles of Dew a day. Cut way back to only 5 or 6 12-ounce cans. After 18 years of trying to get me to stop drinking Mt. Dew completely, my nephrologist has finally accepted my only vice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 12:57 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I used to drink a can or 2 of Coke every day, hitting the soda machine at work as soon as I got there like most people did with the coffee machine. For years I juggled both and several times I cut both out of my diet. Now my routine is coffee in the AM and an occasionall Coke if I'm out and about. If I ever do buy it to have in the house I get caffine free and a 6 pack will last for months, I just don't crave it anymore.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:12 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,798,496 times
I too have a Diet Coke habit. Here's the thing - when I quit- i feel better and lose about 2 pounds over the course of a month.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Our granddaughter drinks it right out of the 2 liter bottles. She is addicted to Dr Pepper. I have never seen her drink a cup of coffee, I have only seen her have liqour maybe 2 or 3 times (champagne on holidays maybe) and she takes really good care of herself, but oh how she loves the Dr Pepper.

Nita
When other folk's read a comment like this how can they not see that the reason for all the diabetes/obese people is the food industry engineering our foods to be addictive for greater profits.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:25 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,675 times
My husband and daughter both drink several cans/glasses of soda every day. The only time I drink any is if we are out and stop at a convenience store and I get a fountain diet pepsi.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,343,362 times
My favorite drink is a McDonald's Coke with extra ice. However, my last drop of Coke was on November 29, 2005. My waist was getting larger and I decided to stop cold turkey. My waist never got smaller, I never lost weight, and I wish that I had never stopped. I have not added anything to replace it, except that I exercise more, but I am afraid to start drinking it again. No idea what would happen if I did. When I'm 80, I'm going back to it!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:37 PM

709 posts, read 954,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
When I'm 80, I'm going back to it!
What if you don't live to age 80? You will have missed out on something you really enjoyed.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,343,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejay26 View Post
What if you don't live to age 80? You will have missed out on something you really enjoyed.
I had better live to 80; however, I think I'll change it to 72. Thanks for the nudge!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 02:04 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,866,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
One point about any soda is that the phosphoric acid erodes tooth enamel with every can/bottle consumed.

Acids in Popular Sodas Erode Tooth Enamel | LiveScience

4 Health Side Effects of Diet Soda / Nutrition / Healthy Eating

It's not just your teeth it harms, it's your bones.

I broke my leg a few years ago. It was a bad break. I fell down in the mud and the bone snapped bad enough that I had to have surgery to put in a plate and screws. I was in my 20's and the docs were trying to figure out how I had an injury that was usually seen in motorcycle accidents, just from falling down. I had been drinking diet coke instead of water or anything else for ten years. Sometimes I drank three liters a day. They told me if I ever wanted to walk again, I couldn't drink any more soda with phosphoric acid.

So I drank water until the xrays showed that the bone had healed completely, and then I started drinking a little soda again, but none with phosphoric acid. Diet Big red doesn't have any...although apparently they're going to be replacing it with Big Red Zero, which does. At that point I'll be back to bottled water with Crystal Lite Peach Mango green tea added to it.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:01 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
I'm getting a big tickle from the responses here that admit that soda is a 'gotta have' in their lives.

Addiction is the same be it hard illegal drugs or (MY GOD! ) smoking!!

Soda is now a known harmful substance to take into the body but since it's billed as "soft drink" sold to all ,especially children, it is ignore by all as benign.

When at the end of the day is just as harmful to the human body as smoking is if not more so since it is hiding in plain sight.

Don't'cha just love the American mind set?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink